• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Cake Boss

Banned
If we lose a season over 5 year contract limits and a 10 year CBA then I dont know...I feel like I am going to explode here!
078.jpg

CCF23

Fehr conference will talk about how they made another offer to the league and how they're willing and want to keep negotiating and working towards a deal.

AKA he's going to put media pressure on the league to not let things go off the rails and keep at it, since it seems like the league is the side ready to say "fuck this" at this point.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Don fehr complaining owners didnt show up

Weren't owners told they weren't wanted earlier?

Fuck the NHLPA is all over the place

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

The double-talk from this guy is amazing.

Also, not shocked at all that when Fehr came in it all blew up. The guy is terrible.

Kifimbo

They are just making excuses, getting pissed at every little detail. Because they have a bad hand that's getting worse everyday.

CrankyJay

Banned
The double-talk from this guy is amazing.

Also, not shocked at all that when Fehr came in it all blew up. The guy is terrible.

Yeah. The dude is poison. The players are going to end up with a worse deal than when talks started in the summer.

I'm beginning to think he's a plant from the NHL.

Kifimbo

So, if you believe Fehr (lol), the only issue remaining is contract term (and the variance stuff). Get it done tonight. This is stupid.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So, if you believe Fehr (lol), the only issue remaining is contract term (and the variance stuff). Get it done tonight. This is stupid.

So, we can't make a deal because of something that only affects the top 1%.

Why does this sound familiar?

CCF23

Fehr's comments:

-In today's session (an hour or so ago) the players responded "comprehensively" to the various issues which have been the focus of discussion over the last few meetings. Players shared the view they didn't think they were as far apart as the owners thought they were. After today, they don't think there's a gap that cannot be bridged.

-Believe they have an agreement on player funded pensions.

-Believe they have an agreement on "transition payments". Believe the issue should be solved.

-Term of the CBA started at 4-5 years, owners looking for longer agreement. Players thought about longer CBA, tough issue, players offered 8 year agreement with player opt out after year 6.

-Player contracting issues: remaining issues are maximum length, and variability. Important issue for the players. Players proposed maximum length of 8 year contracts. Variability: on contracts of 7 or 8 years the lowest year of the contract cannot be lower than 25% of the highest year of the contract.

-Have made proposals on "long term back diving contracts". Player performance seems to be evaluated in this.

-Have not discussed the "transition rules" in transitioning from one system to a "very different system" (what?)

-Puts us (in simple terms) "but for any transition issues we think there is a complete agreement on dollars. If that's the case, and we think it is, we don't see any reason why we won't be able to complete an agreement in the near future."

Heretic

Fehr's comments:

-In today's session (an hour or so ago) the players responded "comprehensively" to the various issues which have been the focus of discussion over the last few meetings. Players shared the view they didn't think they were as far apart as the owners thought they were. After today, they don't think there's a gap that cannot be bridged.

-Believe they have an agreement on player funded pensions.

-Believe they have an agreement on "transition payments". Believe the issue should be solved.

-Term of the CBA started at 4-5 years, owners looking for longer agreement. Players thought about longer CBA, tough issue, players offered 8 year agreement with player opt out after year 6.

-Player contracting issues: remaining issues are maximum length, and variability. Important issue for the players. Players proposed maximum length of 8 year contracts. Variability: on contracts of 7 or 8 years the lowest year of the contract cannot be lower than 25% of the highest year of the contract.

-Have made proposals on "long term back diving contracts". Player performance seems to be evaluated in this.

-Have not discussed the "transition rules" in transitioning from one system to a "very different system" (what?)

-Puts us (in simple terms) "but for any transition issues we think there is a complete agreement on dollars. If that's the case, and we think it is, we don't see any reason why we won't be able to complete an agreement in the near future."

Thank you for this!

Surge

IF what Fehr says is true about how close he thinks this is to getting done then someone needs to lock these fuckers in a room until they get it done.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
How long until Owners/Bettman/leaks come out and tell us why Fehr is lying?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
IF what Fehr is saying is true then this should be done soon. The behavior of the owners and Bettman seems odd if what Fehr says is true though. Smells fishy.

CCF23

This came so completely out of left field.

:lol

If Fehr's comments are true, the players made a huge step towards the NHL today.

Marvie_3

Banned
split the difference on the contracting/cba length issues and be done with it

That's not how negotiations work. You have to do a lot of posturing first. Then whine about the other side being fucking assholes. Then pretend that negotiations are fucked. Then do nothing for awhile. Then at the last possible minute you agree to it.

This came so completely out of left field.

:lol

If Fehr's comments are true
, the players made a huge step towards the NHL today.
loooooooooooooooooool

CCF23

Fehr made whatever owner called him a "suicide bomber" look stupid if the proposed gives by the PA today are true hahaha.

CCF23

It's just for show. He's only said that the players are basically ready to sign on to their own proposal - no different from when Bettman was saying that same thing about the owners' proposals.

He went into specifics on some pretty significant player gives. The contracting ones, especially. The players agreeing to a maximum contract length is a HUGE step.

Cake Boss

Banned
IF WE ARE SO CLOSE THEN WHY DID YOU ASK FOR A MEDIATOR?

I am with Marvie on this, he's presenting this in half truths and the players are buying it.

Top Bottom