• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Heretic

IT'S NOT OVER!!! IT WAS NEVER OVER!!!

mqdefault.jpg

Merguson

Banned
Looks like the NHL said the offer is not acceptable and broke off talks.

SORRY BUT THE 2 YEARS DIFFERENCE IN YOUR CBA OFFER IS UNACCEPTABLE

SORRY BUT ADDING 3 YEARS TO PLAYERS CONTRACT LENGTH WHEN WE WERE HAPPY WITH 15 YEAR CONTRACTS IS UNACCEPTABLE

CCF23

The NHL can feel the union cracking. It pulls back, lets the union scramble. I'd bet there's a "take it or leave it" offer before the season is cancelled.

hfboards said:
Wait, so he wants us to believe that in those four minutes between the first presser and this one the NHL dropped an absolute bombshell of a voicemail and he just had to rush back to the media to let them know?

What a bunch of horseshit.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I bet they saw Fehr lying and went "fuck you, we're pulling it". awaiting the leak.

I actually hope this is what happened. Someone paging Fehr after the first presser "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST DO", Fehr forced to come back out and retract the statement.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Make whole was tied to a 10 year CBA in NHL proposal

Apparently they said they'll only do the extended make whole 10 years... No less

The nhlpa then makes an offer of 6 years says they are very close

Then expected... Good things to come from it?

Merguson

Banned
Make whole was tied to a 10 year CBA in NHL proposal

Apparently they said they'll only do the extended make whole 10 years... No less

The nhlpa then makes an offer of 6 years says they are very close

Then expected... Good things to come from it?

NHL offer was 10 years with option to opt out in Year 8.

NHLPA offer was 8 years with option to opt out in Year 6.

We're talking about a difference of two years.

Bettman/Daly are going to speak shortly so we'll see what they have to say.

Socreges

Banned
This is playing out just like I said it would. Things looking really good right now. The free engagement and transparency with the media is a great sign. I think we'll see an agreement by tonight. Season will begin by December 20th.

HOCKEY'S BACK

So this fuck was either:

A. Snuck in a presser before he knew the NHL would reject and then turned around with the second presser.

B. Just made the most pathetic PR move ever.

Holy shit. Nuke the season. Good job PA you brought in a clown and we got a circus.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Bettman and Daly will speak to the media.

To me, today looks like the NHL is calling the players' bluff.

This gun be good. CC, please do the great job you did with the tl;dr of Fehr's presser too.

where's my camping chair snap gif when I need it

CCF23

The very fact that Daly, a critical figure in all of this, was forced to leave a message tells you everything you need to know about how the PA expected the the owners to react to the proposal.

"I was calling to tell you we've accepted your offer, but since you can't be bothered to answer your fucking phone, eat shit."

Solo

At first I was like....

y61Za.gif

But then I was like....

WFIuf.gif

Which transitioned to....

Op9dO.gif

Then I broke right into....

L24cy.gif

And finally I thought, was I correct? Survey says....

Ur92K.gif

JABEE

Seriously screw the NHL. If you don't want to run a professional team in a professional manner sell your team to someone who will.

"I was calling to tell you we've accepted your offer, but since you can't be bothered to answer your fucking phone, eat shit."

I think it was more that they knew after the meeting with Daly that there was no way the league was going to accept the proposal. But PR games still need to be played, I guess.

CCF23

It's mind boggling why the PA wouldn't want a 10 year deal. Every time a CBA is up they lose more and more. Take a longer term, for fucks sake.

Socreges

Banned
Solo, you lost your privilege to brag with this post:

I've got a fucking truckload of salt to dump on you sack lathering fucks the second the lockout ends. Detente is over.
You cracked, man. And now you don't get to reap the benefits.

This is why the NHL doesn't want mediators. When you're the irrational party you don't want a neutral side coming in and saying you need to look at other perspectives.

Top Bottom