• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Marvie_3

Banned
Fehr made whatever owner called him a "suicide bomber" look stupid if the proposed gives by the PA today are true hahaha.
No he didn't. This is a PR stunt.

If a deal was "so close" the owners wouldn't be leaving. Fehr is putting all this out there so if the owners reject it, they look like the bad guys.

Socreges

Banned
IF WE ARE SO CLOSE THEN WHY DID YOU ASK FOR A MEDIATOR?

I am with Marvie on this, he's tell in half truths and the players are buying it.
Yep. It's in his interest to act like they've made giant steps and the two sides are close. This puts pressure on the NHL to make concessions, and if they don't then the owners will look like they're the ones to blame.

He went into specifics on some pretty significant player gives. The contracting ones, especially. The players agreeing to a maximum contract length is a HUGE step.

Sure, but all Fehr did was stand up and describe his side's proposal in the best possible terms.

Let's see how the owners react. I think they did a smart thing staying away from this latest meeting and letting the PA control the information flow to the press. That decision, while it must have annoyed some of the players initially, might actually have been a big old olive branch.

CCF23

If a deal was "so close" the owners wouldn't be leaving. Fehr is putting all this out there so if the owners reject it, they look like the bad guys.

Unless he's outright lying they said they accepted the NHL's last proposal on "transitional payments", and they proposed an 8 year contract limit. Those two things in themselves are pretty big gives. It's obviously not as rosy as Fehr is making it out to be, but it seems as if they're still stepping closer.

We all likely get too high with the good news and too low with the bad news. Fact is, they're still inching closer...The closer they get, the harder it's going to be to throw it all away.

The problem is that's completely the opposite of what the PA has done during this entire process.

Their backs are against the wall. They know if they toss this deal out and get into a full season lost the deal will end up worse, not better. They need to keep this process going FAR more than the owners do.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

I'd just leak the nhlpa proposal

See the key failings of it

Thing is... Fehr says they agree on dollars but not transitions... Which means they don't agree on the money. Transition means rollback or whatever

Wait... Fehr is back on the podium?

MacAttack

That's not how negotiations work. You have to do a lot of posturing first. Then whine about the other side being fucking assholes. Then pretend that negotiations are fucked. Then do nothing for awhile. Then at the last possible minute you agree to it.

loooooooooooooooooool
Nailed it. The owners leaving is more posturing. The owners are drawing a line in the sand. Fehr will continue to try and get the players as much as possible until the final hour. Most reports have said a deal would be done by Saturday to fit in the schedule they want. I don't see why the owners would walk away while there is still time to save the season.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wtf is going on

1238512492_the-happening-wahlberg.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
drosennhl:
Sidney Crosby, sitting on the stage next to Brad Richards, said he doesn't even know what is happening right now. No sign of Don Fehr yet.

I expected just as much from crosby

Smiley90

drosennhl:
Sidney Crosby, sitting on the stage next to Brad Richards, said he doesn't even know what is happening right now. No sign of Don Fehr yet.

I expected just as much from crosby

aaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Smiley90

SOLO, CRAZED, BRING IN THE "I fucking told you so" gifs.

Let's all drink to not getting your hopes up! Those of you who remained as strong.

Top Bottom