• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

CCF23

Are you telling me the lockout will never end?

184846_o.gif

Solo

Anyways, deal will get done this summer and the NHLPA will eat shit and grin while signing a worse offer than currently out there. As predictable as a Leafs late season collapse.

VALIS

Since around October I didn't expect this to get solved this season. The NHL is looking for something other than a negotiated deal where they give up some, the players give up some, and everyone gets their NHL back. They want to break the union down like last time. It doesn't seem like they're negotiating with settlement in mind but rather total capitulation on the PA's part.

As much as it's cutting off my nose to spite my face, I so hope advertisers start pulling out en masse and the league suffers badly. The NHL was seeing record revenue and profits the last 5 years. This lockout has become the biggest joke in pro sports.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is why the NHL doesn't want mediators. When you're the irrational party you don't want a neutral side coming in and saying you need to look at other perspectives.

What is this I don't even

Solo

On the plus side

- Habs will have a shot at first overall in the draft lottery
- Gally NHL-ready next season

unf unf unf

Kifimbo

On the plus side

- Habs will have a shot at first overall in the draft lottery

No they won't if they use the same formula they used in 2004. Your ranking in the draft depends on your rankings in the last few seasons, not jsut the last one.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Fehr announces their proposal. Every outside party looks at it and says, "Huh, closer than we've ever seemed to be." NHL calls and cancels negotiations. Where's the reasonable train of thought?

That Fehr, who represents the NHLPA, might have SLIGHTLY exaggerated how nice the NHLPA are? Seems hard to believe, I know.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fehr announces their proposal. Every outside party looks at it and says, "Huh, closer than we've ever seemed to be." NHL calls and cancels negotiations. Where's the reasonable train of thought?

Yeah that happened last time

Until we looked at the SPECIFICS

You know, when they delinked the cap and stuff?

I fully expect the latest proposal has the same shit.

Why do you believe every thing fehr drools out of his mouth? I sure as fuck don't, considering every fucking proposal has been an atrocity

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
I've been offline today and just went through my twitter feed.
At first, I was like:
gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

And then I was all:
gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

And now I'm feeling:
gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

Time to ly down
yCbCV.gif

Yeah that happened last time

Until we looked at the SPECIFICS

You know, when they delinked the cap and stuff?

I fully expect the latest proposal has the same shit.

Why do you believe every thing fehr drools out of his mouth? I sure as fuck don't, considering every fucking proposal has been an atrocity

I believe what both sides say, until proven otherwise. This is like saying why did I believe the NHL offered a real 50/50 proposal.

Kifimbo

Scottie Upshall ‏@ScottieUpshall
Plain and simple these owners think they can break us apart. GOOD LUCK! We r stronger than we've ever been and r behind Fehr %100.

You are also idiots.

Kifimbo

Man, the NHL PR machine is so much better. The play-by-play by Bettman is just destroying Fehr performance. That's why he's paid millions.

Really nice to see HFboards changing their stance, last I looked a few weeks ago they were talking about how it was all of the NHL's fault and what not. NHLPA starting to get shown for who they really are and it's not good.

Top Bottom