• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Revenant

1885750_o.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
“Usually, when the government gets involved, [or the courts], they tend move a little quicker, because now you have someone to answer to, instead of two parties who aren’t regulated by anything,” said Penner. “I think it’s part of the process. Other [players unions] have done that before—decertify. It’s all part of the [negotiations].”

seriously... after NHL using quotes as evidence that disclaimer of interest was being used as a dirty negotiation tactic... the players still keep giving them ammo

“Usually, when the government gets involved, [or the courts], they tend move a little quicker, because now you have someone to answer to, instead of two parties who aren’t regulated by anything,” said Penner. “I think it’s part of the process. Other [players unions] have done that before—decertify. It’s all part of the [negotiations].”

seriously... after NHL using quotes as evidence that disclaimer of interest was being used as a dirty negotiation tactic... the players still keep giving them ammo

It is going to be an interesting next week, that's for sure.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Oh no! Justin Schultz no longer alone in 1st for the AHL scoring lead after Jordan Eberle's 4G 1A game tonight :(

ZMxt4.gif

PS: Rainy evening here in Vancouver. I stayed home, cleaned the house, did some laundry, etc. Some Hockey Night in Canada action in the background would've really hit the spot. Fuckers.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gally had a 5 point game tonight, 1 point behind Strome now for the OHL point lead, and perfect for going into the WJC

DopeyFish

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
CBA term, contract length remain key issues,but, PA favors a $67.25 million cap,compliance buyouts and a cap on escrow.Huge hurdles for NHL.

That's right guys

PA is still trying to delink

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
CBA term, contract length remain key issues,but, PA favors a $67.25 million cap,compliance buyouts and a cap on escrow.Huge hurdles for NHL.

That's right guys

PA is still trying to delink

It will be interesting to see what kind of reception the general hockey fan gives these puck nuggets when they return to the ice
in2014
. I am beginning to think that I could live without professional hockey.

DopeyFish

It will be interesting to see what kind of reception the general hockey fan gives these puck nuggets when they return to the ice
in2014

I'm hoping NHL wins their thing then reverts to their first offer lol

Quick

Banned
in2014

Knowing the general hockey fan, they'd embrace them and still call for Bettman's head.

Still trendy hating on Bettman and blaming him for the world's problems.

Stasis

I think it can shift back easily, but right now there's a lot more anti-player and a lot less anti-Bettman going on. That press conference was a big boost to his image.

I think it can shift back easily, but right now there's a lot more anti-player and a lot less anti-Bettman going on. That press conference was a big boost to his image.

Yes but how many average hockey fans saw it? I get the feeling that hardcore fans who are following the machinations of this lockout will spurn the players, but the general "OMG &**)#* HOCKEY'S BACK!!!!!" fan who just wants something to go see and somewhere to drink beer will cheer for the players and blame Bettman for everything.

But that's ok. 2014 is a long way off.

Yes but how many average hockey fans saw it? I get the feeling that hardcore fans who are following the machinations of this lockout will spurn the players, but the general "OMG &**)#* HOCKEY'S BACK!!!!!" fan who just wants something to go see and somewhere to drink beer will cheer for the players and blame Bettman for everything.

With Bettmans track record of work stoppages, it is hard to blame them(and me). The record revenue that the league is constantly seeing during Bettmans time does nothing for me as a fan. However I am thankful for bringing the salary cap to the NHL.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Knowing the general hockey fan, they'd embrace them and still call for Bettman's head.

Still trendy hating on Bettman and blaming him for the world's problems.

I don't know--I've seen many online polls (I know, I know, they could be fixed) about this over the course of time and it seems sentiment has drastically shifted against the players.

gcubed

I don't know--I've seen many online polls (I know, I know, they could be fixed) about this over the course of time and it seems sentiment has drastically shifted against the players.

so you get the 15 people at the stadium that participates in online polls drowned out by other 15-17000

What's funny is that watching HFboards, they have had a dramatic shift where most people were against the NHL but now it seems almost all favor the NHL and hate the NHLPA. It was interesting to watch.

Seguin

Banned

average hockey fans here in Boston still blame the owners. it's pretty sad listening to local sports talk radio (when they actually discuss the NHL, which is rarely) and they put it solely on the greedy owners.

DopeyFish

average hockey fans here in Boston still blame the owners. it's pretty sad listening to local sports talk radio (when they actually discuss the NHL, which is rarely) and they put it solely on the greedy owners.

Some people attach the blame to who used the mechanism for the work stoppage - in this case... The nhl is the one locking out

That and fans never look at fine details like how the nhl players earn 14% more per dollar than nba or nfl players or almost 36% more per dollar than MLB players

Like once people clearly see what's happening... Then the blame becomes appropriately placed (barring any mental aberration)

Cake Boss

Banned
Before US camp Trocheck has a 2+ 2 night, moving him to 5th in OHL scoring. 4th rounder, kid is lionhearted. His work ethic is amazing.

3rd round plus he is 5'10, you see a lot small guys rip up the juniors and never make it to the big league, that's why they are always picked in the later rounds, but sometimes you get lucky with an Ellis, Giroux etc.

3rd round plus he is 5'10, you see a lot small guys rip up the juniors and never make it to the big league, that's why they are always picked in the later rounds, but sometimes you get lucky with an Ellis, Giroux etc.
Work ethic is usually what seperates these guys. Him and Grimaldi are the two small guys who can break the league IMO. Trocheck has been surprise with his numbers and rise. He's put up 20+ points more each season he's played. His next season in the AHL will determine his place but seeing how much he puts in to win every shift, he definetly has the tools and will to make it.

Stasis

I dunno how possible a real fantasy draft is, but some teams are gonna have a huge advantage in attracting players. Friends trying to stick together, or finally play together, the maneuvering in trying to determine appropriate salaries, etc. It'd be madness.

I kinda want it to happen!

Top Bottom