• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

I dunno how possible a real fantasy draft is, but some teams are gonna have a huge advantage in attracting players. Friends trying to stick together, or finally play together, the maneuvering in trying to determine appropriate salaries, etc. It'd be madness.

I kinda want it to happen!

So pretty much everyone will not sign with Toronto.

Curufinwe

The final four games of Flyers-Bruins 2010 is on NHLN for the next eight hours. Sadly, winning that series is the best thing Philly have done in the 20 years I've been a fan.

The final four games of Flyers-Bruins 2010 is on NHLN for the next eight hours. Sadly, winning that series is the best thing Philly have done in the 20 years I've been a fan.

That series is certainly up there. This year's Pens series was pretty special too, along with a few scattered Devs, Toronto, and Buffalo series over the last couple decades. Plus there was the run in '97 that ended in disaster.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
That series would still sting if the Bruins hadn't made up for it in the most perfect way imaginable the very next season. I can look at it now a bit more objectively and see that it was great and very evenly-matched series.

Merguson

Banned
Some people attach the blame to who used the mechanism for the work stoppage - in this case... The nhl is the one locking out

That and fans never look at fine details like how the nhl players earn 14% more per dollar than nba or nfl players or almost 36% more per dollar than MLB players

Like once people clearly see what's happening... Then the blame becomes appropriately placed (barring any mental aberration)

To clarify, where are you getting these numbers from? Only solid source I can find is Forbes which lists these numbers.

1) NBA: $5.15 million
2) MLB: $3.2 million
3) NHL: $2.4 million
4) NFL: $1.9 million

http://www.forbes.com/sites/montebu...es-in-the-four-major-american-sports-leagues/

Then I imagine the number of players that a team can have on a roster in a certain sport plays a role. Especially with NFL and maybe the MLB? And the number of games, obviously.

Anybody else getting the Reported Attack Page warning for ahl.com?

That site doesn't load for me. You meant theahl.com right? No reported attack warning here.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
To clarify, where are you getting these numbers from? Only solid source I can find is Forbes which lists these numbers.

1) NBA: $5.15 million
2) MLB: $3.2 million
3) NHL: $2.4 million
4) NFL: $1.9 million

http://www.forbes.com/sites/montebu...es-in-the-four-major-american-sports-leagues/

Then I imagine the number of players that a team can have on a roster in a certain sport plays a role. Especially with NFL and maybe the MLB? And the number of games, obviously.

That site doesn't load for me. You meant theahl.com right? No reported attack warning here.

I said per dollar, not average salary

Meaning every dollar of revenue, there is a higher allocation towards the players than any other league

Holy dog shit Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas Private Cowboy and you don't much look like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
The best ad campaign the NHL ever aired. I fucking love those spots. My friends and I to this day quote those while we play roller hockey or NHL xx on Live.

My two favorite are...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lCl6jGMJJY

"HE'S ONLY 5'6"!! YOU'RE PRACTICALLY 5'6"!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySjUgBSA80g

"His strong skating and steeck handling" "Learn how to made a keeck save!"

And special appearance by Jim Gaffigan!

Merguson

Banned
I guess Rogers and Bell better refuse to provide cable services to the Leafs players.

EDIT: Although that might be a favor to the players...

I was in Vancouver last weekend and noticed that about 70% of the adult men in the city seem to be trying to resemble Ryan Kesler.

Best yoda post ever (I still hate you) , the city is total shit and gets praised for no reason at all. City actually smells...you're left wondering if you're in a 3rd World country. You try to get culture and all you get are Subway's and Arby's - note to you 'Nuckleheads - those places exisit outside your overated city. Dont even own a car if you live there because it will take you 30 minutes to get to your neighbourhood 7-11. Just make the 45 minute walk you stupid ass hipster!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Best yoda post ever (I still hate you) , the city is total shit and gets praised for no reason at all. City actually smells...you're left wondering if you're in a 3rd World country. You try to get culture and all you get are Subway's and Arby's - note to you 'Nuckleheads - those places exisit outside your overated city. Dont even own a car if you live there because it will take you 30 minutes to get to your neighbourhood 7-11. Just make the 45 minute walk you stupid ass hipster!

I want to go and visit there one day. I've heard great things about it.

Cake Boss

Banned
47405356_fail_gif.gif

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Many of the world's greatest places smell.

New Jersey not included.

:lol

So much salt.

salt-1.jpg

I actually quite like Vancouver the city for the most part other than the ridiculous prices and Surrey. Edmonton however is the biggest steaming, dirty, ugly, grey, desolate piece of shit city I've been to. I'd rather move to Jalalabad.

Well whale suck something awful but at least my boy St. Croix is putting up numbers in the dub with a 4 goal night. Fuck give me NHL hockey back you bastards.

The best ad campaign the NHL ever aired. I fucking love those spots. My friends and I to this day quote those while we play roller hockey or NHL xx on Live.

My two favorite are...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lCl6jGMJJY

"HE'S ONLY 5'6"!! YOU'RE PRACTICALLY 5'6"!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySjUgBSA80g

"His strong skating and steeck handling" "Learn how to made a keeck save!"

And special appearance by Jim Gaffigan!

Truly a vision of the future for NHL players.

Does anyone have that Richter commercial where he turns around and cleans the plexiglass covering the net? I always loved that commercial but I can't find it anywhere.

Row

Banned
I actually quite like Vancouver the city for the most part other than the ridiculous prices and Surrey. Edmonton however is the biggest steaming, dirty, ugly, grey, desolate piece of shit city I've been to. I'd rather move to Jalalabad.

edmonton: canada's moscow

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is the kind of salt this thread has been missing due to the lockout.

In other Lupul news he went skating at Toronto City Hall tonight, I wonder if anyone recognized him

He should really show up later at night when people play shinny on that ice

That would be kind of cool

He can take everyone to Real Sports after

Quick

Banned

iPLpXlxL43zFv.gif

Quick

Banned
In other Lupul news he went skating at Toronto City Hall tonight, I wonder if anyone recognized him

He should really show up later at night when people play shinny on that ice

That would be kind of cool

He can take everyone to Real Sports after

When do people play shinny? After 11? Don't they close up the rink?

Lol wut?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Are we shitting on 3 1st overall in a row crapmonton? Good. Fuck that racist ass hole in the ground.

Lived there til I was 15 and glad to be out. Even all my friends who still live there hate it.

Calgary has a better city and hockey team.

Quick

Banned
Top Bottom