• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure if any of you guys know this, but there was a guy on Youtube, MrLogue, who kept uploading TSN Top10 & general Jay&Dan videos, but got repetedly shut down by copyright claims. He created several copy-accounts to keep going, but they kept shutting him down, despite the official statement from Jay&Dan that they liked him. Now, TSN posted this on fb:

"YouTube fans!

We are proud to announce that MrLogue1021 (some of you may remember him) is now working with TSN to bring you YouTube videos from our SportsCentre broadcasts. Jay & Dan's antics can now be watched online! There will be regular uploads, as well as their podcast, Cabbie Presents, and more."

Wohee!
Wtf it was about time. I generally like tsn coverage but FUCK are they stuck in the middle ages with regards to their social media and videos altogether.

Thanks red man. Though part of my fear is we'll have some reason to pick him up....GOD I hope not.

You guys still think there will be season? NOPE! Though if there is no season and edm somehow gets another first there will be rage and salty tears.

Solo

Just finished a marathon of Homeland season 1 in 2 days, and I got to say I'm kind of disappointed =/ I've only ever heard amazing things about it, and while it's great it never reaches the hype for me that people have built around it. Hopefully Season 2 takes it up to that level.

lol S2 is the single biggest season-to-season decline I've ever seen in television history.

Just finished a marathon of Homeland season 1 in 2 days, and I got to say I'm kind of disappointed =/ I've only ever heard amazing things about it, and while it's great it never reaches the hype for me that people have built around it. Hopefully Season 2 takes it up to that level.
s2 is 95 percent clusterfuck.

ShaneB

Caught traveler's bug our some shit and I'm spending my time in the fetal position, so not any time soon I'm afraid....

Laaame. Now it just feels wierd having 2 games of Civ V going on the same time, it's like multiple universes going on at the same time. It's just bewildering.

Xcom is awesome though. Hard as hell, but I smartened up and just need to take my time.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I hope they suffer massive financial losses from this.

It's the fans that keep the league afloat, and the two sides are largely arguing over our money, money which we don't (and shouldn't) give to them.

Its really not just an argument over money

If NHL were to take nhlpa proposals... Any of them.... Franchise failure galore.

If NHL were to take nhlpa proposals... Any of them.... Franchise failure galore.

I know but even if the NHL has it their way it won't fix the problem, maybe just buy them time til the next lockout.

The top teams will always drive the salary cap floor beyond what the bottom teams can afford. Revenue sharing can only do so much, the NHL does not have a massive TV contract they can just divide up among the teams.

Revenant

The Michelle Jenneke thread has been keeping my spirits high lately.

tumblr_lzgutlmZqA1r1h6gro1_400.gif

Yeah, because the pa proposals are worse than the current conditions and teams are failing left and right....

o wait... neither of those are true!

Don't forget guys, unions killed the auto industry and they're coming for your hockey next!

A little US WJC news:

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Top line likely JT Miller (HFD/NYR) between John Gaudreau (BC/CGY) and Rocco Grimaldi (UND/FLA). Alex Galchenyuk (SAR/MTL) on 2nd line LW.

Edit: Moar -

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Looks like 2013 elite prospect Seth Jones will be on one D pair while returnee Jacob Trouba (U of Mich/WPG) will be on another pair.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: John Gibson (KIT/ANA) starts as the No. 1 goalie. Jon Gillies (PC/CGY) and Garret Sparks (GUE/TOR) will battle for the backup role.

Auto Industry Unions and the NHLPA (or NBPA or NFLPA) are on such incredibly different levels that attempting to argue a point using a comparison or metaphor between the two is inherently flawed.

I know you're being facetious, but I'm really tired of seeing parallels.

Apparently Alex Edler's back isn't quite 100% due to all his injuries. If that hinders him from becoming a No. 2 defenceman/being a consistently healthy performer the Canucks may trade him. He only has one more year on his deal and I'm not sure if he's worth $5M+.

The players offer does nothing to fix the current situation and maybe make it worse.

According to their bright ideas:

- Cap can never go down
- Escrow limits on how much they can lose
- Mid level exceptions like NBA
- Back diving contracts are still possible, only slightly harder to pull off.

They should stop pretending they care about the NHL and its future, this is all about money for them. They want to keep things pretty much exactly as they were in the old CBA (you know that CBA they "lost" years ago).

Why should the NHL accept those terms ? It fixes none of the current problems.

The union is full of shit, they're no different than the NHL.

DopeyFish

Yeah, because the pa proposals are worse than the current conditions and teams are failing left and right....

o wait... neither of those are true!

Don't forget guys, unions killed the auto industry and they're coming for your hockey next!

Uh, they are worse? Are you the only one not paying attention? Or does 60-70% of HRR, 90+ if the league has a drastic revenue dive sound... 'Better'?

Or do you just read the proposal at face value and cheer on the PA regardless of the illogical constructs they have hidden within them.

Escrow caps, guaranteed caps and guaranteed cap increases... Based on growth which is unlikely to happen...

But oh no, it's dopey blaming it on unions! You didn't understand the point i was making to begin with. It's too far above your head.

Apparently Alex Edler's back isn't quite 100% due to all his injuries. If that hinders him from becoming a No. 2 defenceman/being a consistently healthy performer the Canucks may trade him. He only has one more year on his deal and I'm not sure if he's worth $5M+.
Edler for Smith and Nyquist?

I can go for that.

sammich

Uh, they are worse? Are you the only one not paying attention? Or does 60-70% of HRR, 90+ if the league has a drastic revenue dive sound... 'Better'?

Or do you just read the proposal at face value and cheer on the PA regardless of the illogical constructs they have hidden within them.

Escrow caps, guaranteed caps and guaranteed cap increases... Based on growth which is unlikely to happen...

But oh no, it's dopey blaming it on unions! You didn't understand the point i was making to begin with. It's too far above your head.

I cant believe you are still attempting to talk to him. Its like captain bob or whatever his face is on HF boards. Utterly blind. I want Bettman to crush the NHLPA. Utterly crush them. And then when they whimper and cry, maybe he can let them have 40% HRR with non guaranteed contracts. Im in a Union btw.. one of the largest around. I know exactly how this stupidity and blindness works.

DopeyFish

I cant believe you are still attempting to talk to him. Its like captain bob or whatever his face is on HF boards. Utterly blind. I want Bettman to crush the NHLPA. Utterly crush them. And then when they whimper and cry, maybe he can let them have 40% HRR with non guaranteed contracts. Im in a Union btw.. one of the largest around. I know exactly how this stupidity and blindness works.

Every time I make a post about captain bob on HF it gets deleted lol

Marvie_3

Banned

iM3S12wg3YKve.gif

The Captain Bob comparisons are pretty damn accurate too. :lol

Dreger said something on 1040 about the PA reaching out to the NHL to return to negotiations today or tomorrow. If Team Hope is not completely abandoned, this could be following the NBA lockout to a t. For the Nope side it's just more posturing for the legal battles to come.

Can't throw Captain Bob's name around lightly. It's like Voldemort.

Pharros

Dreger said something on 1040 about the PA reaching out to the NHL to return to negotiations today or tomorrow. If Team Hope is not completely abandoned, this could be following the NBA lockout to a t. For the Nope side it's just more posturing for the legal battles to come.

Please this. However, at this point, nothing would surprise me...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Venturing outside of your teams main prospect board on Hfboards is asking for brain damage.

Dreger said something on 1040 about the PA reaching out to the NHL to return to negotiations today or tomorrow. If Team Hope is not completely abandoned, this could be following the NBA lockout to a t.

The only difference is the NHL has the Fehr factor to deal with.

Exactly. Some of the shit people come up with blows my mind.

I just love the "you give us your top players/prospects and we'll give you some benchwarmers and late round picks and a cap dump or two" mentality on there.

Venturing outside of your teams main prospect board on Hfboards is asking for brain damage.

You can get a good migraine just reading your own team forum as well. Homers galore.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You can get a good migraine just reading your own team forum as well. Homers galore.
For sure, it's great for keeping track of prospects in other countries and other league. Every teams board thinks all their prospects will become NHLers and hit their maximum potential.

Row

Banned
problem with HFboards now during the lockout is there are some really terrible admins/mods that are pro-player and post as if they work for fox news, dictating conversations and threads as a whole solely to slant it towards their views, and ban people who disagree too much

the worst has to be the admin who calls himself "fugu", christ what a retard

sammich

problem with HFboards now during the lockout is there are some really terrible admins/mods that are pro-player and post as if they work for fox news, dictating conversations and threads as a whole solely to slant it towards their views, and ban people who disagree too much

Lol i knew who you were talking about even before you said his name.

Pretty much all the "pro player" posters/mods there are fans of the big teams who would love nothing more than the ability to spend to their utmost limit. Not that I blame them but it's so obvious where they are coming from. Everyone else who is "pro player" seems grossly misinformed(ie. they believe the players have agreed to 50/50 - no they haven't, not really). I may be generalizing but that's what I see for the most part.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
A second round pick will turn any shitty deal into gold.

Shit gets me every single time.

I instantly scroll over a post as soon as any propsed deal involves more than a 1 for 1.

I remember seeing a fantastic trade scenario of:

Luongo for Rielly, Gardiner, Macarthur minimum.

Someone then swooped in and said that was a terrible deal for Vancouver as they aren't getting enough.

Top Bottom