• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I think the Winnipeg media is freaking out a bit too much about him.

Agreed. Scold him, sure. But saying his time is numbered?

What he didn't do wasn't offensive, it was just stupid considering his union is in a labor dispute

Otherwise if it was the middle of the season, there wouldn't be an issue... At all.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Its definitely overblown but he should know better at this point. He'll have 29 other teams interested in him if he does go anywhere.

Just reading the first part of that article is hilarious. Im sure Kane is thinking right now: "Oh no, I fear I might be dealt from Winnipeg!" Unless Columbus is the other destination he should be fine haha.

Red_Man

Actual real hockey, holy shit. I'm excited to see Subban play actually, and see what to expect from Rielly in the upcoming years.

Red_Man

Bruin fans should love Subban, he just punched a Fin player in the head 3 times after getting shoved into him :lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Lawd baby Jaysus, Steam sale begins today. My wallet and backlog quivers in fear.

I stopped being too scared of Steam sales after realizing I already own 75% of the games that go on sale and 90% of the good games. The damage has been done already.

Smiley90

See that's the thing, I just got my PC end of last month. I'm doomed to 1k + hour backlog.

See, only because I OWN games, doesn't mean I actually PLAY them... my backlog is horrendous. Steam is more of a... collectibles thing. My wallet has no tears left to cry.

Cake Boss

Banned
Really like how the international rinks have so much space on the bench, really cuts down on the too many men penalties as the players have more room to move around in.

US exib game line-ups:

Mark Masters @markhmasters
Sweden lines v USA: Karlsson-Forsberg-Rakell; Froberg-Molin-Collberg; Rask-Wennberg-Sandberg; Boyce Rotevall-Gortz-Sorensen; de la Rose

Sweden d pairings v USA: Lindholm-Bengtsson; Arnesson-Djuse; Vikstrand-Nilsson; Djoos-Pettersson ... Lundstrom starts in goal

USA lines v Sweden: Galchenyuk-Kuraly-Lucia; Vesey-Trocheck-Biggs; Pietila-Bardreau-Hartman; Matteau-No center-Barber (going w 11 forwards)

USA d pairings v Sweden: Sieloff-Reilly; Gostisbehere-Skjei; McCabe-Murphy; Grzelcyk ... Sparks starts with Gillies backing up

Not dressing for USA today v Sweden: Gibson, Jones, Trouba, Miller, Grimaldi, Gaudreau;

Grimaldi a lock for the team then, excited to see Trocheck.

ShaneB

See that's the thing, I just got my PC end of last month. I'm doomed to 1k + hour backlog.

This is your first steam sale? I mentioned in the Steam thread that I seem to get more excited for you first timers because it's such an overload of gaming goodness and great deals. lol

I'll probably put 100% in my Steam wallet and stick to not buying anything over 10$.

This is your first steam sale? I mentioned in the Steam thread that I seem to get more excited for you first timers because it's such an overload of gaming goodness and great deals. lol

I'll probably put 100% in my Steam wallet and stick to not buying anything over 10$.
Not my 1st, but my 1st with a capable rig to run the games. Previous is like "hmm can't run it, so I'll wait" now it is "Sure, why not?"

ShaneB

Not my 1st, but my 1st with a capable rig to run the games. Previous is like "hmm can't run it, so I'll wait" now it is "Sure, why not?"

Ah, that was my logic before when I had a crap laptop that couldn't run anything intensive. I'd save money because I'd know I couldn't run anything, but my laptop now runs everything, so the doors have been wide open for a while now :(

But even still, it's not like I've felt my gaming budget has overblown in that case, because I know I am alright with sticking to a budget and you're saving so much money in general.

Smiley90

I've followed a "it has to be at last 75% off" rule for the past few sales, that combined with me already owning most of the good games has really cut down on my spending. I like to think. (not really :( )

Red_Man

Armia has looked better then every Canadian forward not named RNH, I remember hoping the Habs would draft him at 18 but got Beaulieu instead.

Red_Man

What an awful game for Canada. Bad goal tending, bad D making terrible decisions, terrible penalties everywhere and a disorganized offense. Bring on Galchenyuk.

Just saw that USA game vs Sweden will be on NHL Network at 12:30 eastern, replay @ 8 tonight. It's days like these I'm glad my job is hanging out in bars all day.

Cactus

Banned
I didn't think the D was that bad. Only one even strength goal allowed, and it probably should have been saved by Subban. I don't know why Murphy won player of the game, though. He wasnt bad, but watching him give up the puck multiple times while trying to get past the entire opposing team near the end of the game wasn't fun.

Discipline was the main problem, IMO. More even strength time would have made a big difference.

Cake Boss

Banned
Shitty year for to watch Sens prospects, only 1 with Wikrstrand, 7th round dman playing for Sweden, outscoring 1st round talent like Forsberg in the same league as a dman.

Noesen decides to get suspended a week before US camp
Zibby isn't allowed to go to juniors
Puempel gets injured before camp
Cecil not invited for some reason
Maidens not playing a single yet this season.
Dreider not getting an invite despite being goalie of month

Shitty year for to watch Sens prospects, only 1 with Wikrstrand, 7th round dman playing for Sweden, outscoring 1st round talent like Forsberg in the same league as a dman.

Noesen decides to get suspended a week before US camp
Zibby isn't allowed to go to juniors
Puempel gets injured before camp
Cecil not invited for some reason
Maidens not playing a single yet this season.
Dreider not getting an invite despite being goalie of month

He's apparently injured, seems like a concussion. Either a relapse from last year or he got a new one. No idea why they've been keeping this a secret.

Steve Lloyd ‏@Steve_Lloyd
#Sens Ast GM Tim Murray just told us they kept it quiet at the time, but Zibanejad U-20 decision had a lot to do with his health.

And from a "prospect watch" point of view, the WJC are overrated. Just because you make the WJC team doesn't mean you're going to be an NHL superstar and just because you got cut or not even invited doesn't mean you're a bust.

If anything, not making the WJC can fire these guys up even more. Couture got shunned by the WJC and he has no problem excelling in the NHL and there's more stories like that.

Smiley90

Did he pull a Gustavsson and move out of the goal to redirect the puck into the goal or what happened

Leafs goalie in net for the US

TdO7A.jpg

Top Bottom