• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Socreges

Banned
24iBn.jpg

:(
thumbs_up_large.png

ShaneB

Ah, well beats me. On Steam chat he told me he badmouthed Obama, lol. That's all I know! He'll be back in a month. Hopefully hockey will be back in month too.

Socreges

Banned
Actually, I think he was a victim of the new 'cut out the meta-thread discussions crap' policy that was just put in place.
Yeah. Which includes mentioning that a thread was Reddit-inspired. I understand what they're trying to do, but he got a month for that. Pretty unreasonable.

So I'm going to be doing an Alan Wake run through on my PC since I got a new one here a while back. While I have played Alan Wake (and American Nightmare) on my Xbox and it is my favorite game so far this generation, I was interested to see the graphics upgrades and such on my PC for this playthrough.

I got the 10 dollar full deal during the last Steam Sale which has the soundtrack and dang is it not extremely underrated, the music is god like, this game has always brought chills down my spine, but listening to the soundtrack with a good audio setup is something else, so good!

Alucard

Banned
The guys on PTI referenced a Canadian poll stating that 58-59% of Canadians don't even care if the NHL comes back.

Does anyone know where that poll came from? That statistic is shocking to me.

Canada's love of hockey is largely manufactured by the CBC and TSN. HNIC gets an average of 3 million viewers per week, which is just under 10% of the population, and soccer is the most popular youth sport in the country.

Honestly, if the NHL never came back, I'd probably be down for a little bit, but I'd move on. If a bunch of rich guys can't get their shit together to play a game, I don't give a shit about said rich guys.

*bitterness*

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Does anyone in here NOT have Dota2 yet and wants it? Steam keeps gifting me copies and I'm running out of people to gift it to. I swear I've gotten more than 30 copies from them by now.

Fei

So if the season gets cancelled, does TeamNope celebrate? That would be kind of sad.

Me, I'm still believing in Christmas miracles. *Waits for disclaimer vote to pass*

Smiley90

So if the season gets cancelled, does TeamNope celebrate? That would be kind of sad.

Me, I'm still believing in Christmas miracles. *Waits for disclaimer vote to pass*

No, we'll just say "We told you so"

Team NOPE isn't "we hope there's no season", it's "we've given up hope there will be a season".

Smiley90

Maybe for some, but I don't think that's true for others looking at a lot of posts in this thread.

We just like being right. We're all just looking forward to being able to rub it in TeamHope's face.

Smiley90

Rub what in? The fact that we want our favourite sport to be back? The horror, don't know if I can handle that.

Naw, the fact that all the hope was for nothing.

I'll gladly be proven wrong as much as anyone, I just have no hope left. All I have left is the satisfaction of being right. It's not a good feeling, but it's better than nothing.

Like I said, some of you will get some bizarre satisfaction if the season gets cancelled. Sad.

The season was "over" a long time ago, we're way past that now. The satisfaction is not about the cancellation itself. We were sad about the season being over in October, you guys will be in January, that's the only difference.

Smiley90

If Half-Life 2 doesn't count anymore, then I'll have to go with Mass Effect as well. -acidfistbump-

Marvie_3

Banned
That belongs to Read Dead Redemption.
Fallout 3 for me but RDR is easily #2

Team Nope is going to have a cuddle party to celebrate.

And I'm going to enjoy watching the PA humiliated and have to come crawling back.

Kave Man and Solo, for starters.

I'm on Team Nope. But I derive no joy from this affiliation.

Of course not, you're a robot.

Top Bottom