• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

That belongs to Read Dead Redemption.

That overrated game? Yeah no. Good game, but I hated the ending and wasn't really blown away by the story compared to AW. The game just didn't leave me feeling like OMG.

http://i.minus.com/jSo5utsQEfLdY.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/jSo5utsQEfLdY.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I think you are still angry from doing that Shark mission in Far Cry aren't you. :p

GotG for me is Mass Effect 3. I still play the online all the time and they are constantly putting out free DLC. I really hope their next game is mp only and they add a few new modes.

FOOTE

Less than one single fuck will I give when the season is cancelled in January.

zw3Fc.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave Man and Solo, for starters.

I'm on Team Nope. But I derive no joy from this affiliation.

Correction. I just know the season is going to be cancelled. I decided to not give a fuck this time instead of hanging on every word like I did the last lockout.

I take no joy in there being no season, I just don't give a fuck.

Does anyone in here NOT have Dota2 yet and wants it? Steam keeps gifting me copies and I'm running out of people to gift it to. I swear I've gotten more than 30 copies from them by now.

I'll take one. Steam id is witchking701.

Edit: At this point I want the season to be cancelled because the thought of returning to arenas to cheer on these motherfuckers for a shortened season just churns my stomach. The only way I can return to NHL hockey is after seeing the players reduced to bitter tears and begging us all to come back and watch them play. Team Nope.

I........agree with.............CakeBoss. RDR = GOTG.
As much as I detest the series the GoTG has to be CoD4. Hands down. No other game has changed not only the genre, but the entire industry this gen.

Personally it is hard to say for me SP it is Dark Souls or RDR.

MP it is Warhawk, BF:BC1, or KZ 2. Sooooo many hours sunk into each one respectively.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
That overrated game? Yeah no. Good game, but I hated the ending and wasn't really blown away by the story compared to AW. The game just didn't leave me feeling like OMG.

I think you are still angry from doing that Shark mission in Far Cry aren't you. :p

I like Alan Wake a lot, but I still think Red Dead had a better ending
When they come to take you out on the farm and the opening of the barn doors was amazing imo
. One thing that stands out for me is that both games used licensed music very well.

As much as I detest the series the GoTG has to be CoD4. Hands down. No other game has changed not only the genre, but the entire industry this gen.

MP it is Warhawk, BF:BC1, or KZ 2. Sooooo many hours sunk into each one respectively.

I agree on CoD4. The single biggest impact to MP this gen.

As for SP, tough call. Lots of great games. Would have to be either ME2 or RDR for me.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Correction. I just know the season is going to be cancelled. I decided to not give a fuck this time instead of hanging on every word like I did the last lockout.

I take no joy in there being no season, I just don't give a fuck.

I........agree with.............CakeBoss. RDR = GOTG.

Less than one single fuck will I give when the season is cancelled in January.

For those keeping track

Fucks given = 0

Does Peoria really have the same mascot as the Blues? :lol

Apparently his name is "Barry" and he's Louie's little brother or something. Says he was introduced in Oct 2011. Same exact damn costume (and I've never really cared for Louie anyway), I always assumed he was the same mascot as well.

Heretic

I strongly disagree. How has CoD changed the genre?

I like Alan Wake a lot, but I still think Red Dead had a better ending
When they come to take you out on the farm and the opening of the barn doors was amazing imo
. One thing that stands out for me is that both games used licensed music very well.

I really didn't care for the ending to RDR, but I know a lot of people liked it. But yes, what I love about AW was that I discovered Poets of the Fall through that game so now I have my favorite game associated with my favorite band which is sweet!

Edit: CoD is a game changer, but I don't think for the better if you want to call it a GoTG. Personally Halo 3's MP still trumps any CoD MP around or any other MP to date.

I strongly disagree. How has CoD changed the genre?
Copycats from the sales. How many series have adopted the CoD4 "formula" for making games. Their sales alone have changed the genre to nearly a homogenus collective of shooters.

Perks, killstreaks, set piece orientated short SPs, I know it's not pioneered those aspects but it made them an industry standard.

Copycats from the sales. How many series have adopted the CoD4 "formula" for making games. Their sales alone have changed the genre to nearly a homogenus collective of shooters.

Perks, killstreaks, set piece orientated short SPs, I know it's not pioneered those aspects but it made them an industry standard.

Halo Reach and Halo 4 MP! *shakes fist angrily!!!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Maybe I'll bump Alan Wake up on my backlog since y'all are talking so nicely about it.

It's still in it's original packaging from launch date. :(

Maybe I'll bump Alan Wake up on my backlog since y'all are talking so nicely about it.

It's still in it's original packaging from launch date. :(

PLAY IT DANG IT!! I COMMAND YOU!!!!*

*Playing a chapter a night is a great way to play the game because of how it is set up in episodic format.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
PLAY IT DANG IT!! I COMMAND YOU!!!!*

*Playing a chapter a night is a great way to play the game because of how it is set up in episodic format.

This.

The game is freaking scary!!! If you have headphones, use them!

Okay so I have to play it a chapter at a time and only at night.

Yup going to scare myself shitless. I don't know what's wrong with me though, I love scary movies and don't even flinch but scary video games creep the fuck out of me. I was struggling with Bioshock and it's dark settings when I was playing that.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Batman arkham city was the best game this gen, rdr is top 5 though

Batmam
Galaxy
Rdr
Portal 2
Gta4

That's my top 5 off the top of my head

I agree with you on Arkham City and Galaxy. Phenomenal games that are easily all-time favorites for me.

Love how gaming talk is still going on in this thread even that tweet was just posted. Team Nope in full effect.

Alan Wake was great. Remember when it was supposed to be an open world game? I wonder how that would have been.

And I'm with Acid, GotG goes to the Legendary Soldier.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Love how gaming talk is still going on in this thread even that tweet was just posted. Team Nope in full effect.

Alan Wake was great. Remember when it was supposed to be an open world game? I wonder how that would have been.

And I'm with Acid, GotG goes to the Legendary Soldier.

What tweet?

Also, if you find Alan Wake scary, I have bad news about Amnesia for you.

Also Angmar, you won't show up in my giftables until you accept the request :p

It's not meant to be a horror game, what will could make you jump though is the atmosphere combined with the sound if a guy surprise you from attacking from behind. But it is not a horror game at all. That is one misconception I see from people who don't like it and state that it wasn't scary.

Silexx

The body of the union voting in favor of the union walking away from the body of the union still doesn't make a lick of sense

In the context of what the mechanism (DOI) does, that is.

Basically, what this vote was the players saying to Fehr: "If you want to walk away from us, we are totally ok with that." Still, you would think that if a union felt it needed to walk away, it wouldn't need to be authorised by the very people they want to walk away from, but then, this is all manoeuvring and tactics for labour negotiations and it never makes sense.

I'm really on the fence with Dishonored. $30 is a good price for a critically acclaimed game, but $30 in a Steam sale? It just doesn't feel right.

Supersonic, thanks for the trying to gift JA2! I bought it about 2 years ago and forgot to take it off my wishlist.

edit: I think the DOI is just a way for the PA to get closer to D-Day and look like they're trying to solve the lockout. I doubt anyone in PA leadership actually thinks the DOI would stand up in court.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really on the fence with Dishonored. $30 is a good price for a critically acclaimed game, but $30 in a Steam sale? It just doesn't feel right.

Supersonic, thanks for the trying to gift JA2! I bought it about 2 years ago and forgot to take it off my wishlist.

edit: I think the DOI is just a way for the PA to get closer to D-Day and look like they're trying to solve the lockout. I doubt anyone in PA leadership actually thinks the DOI would stand up in court.
Not worth it imo

Heretic

It's not meant to be a horror game, what will could make you jump though is the atmosphere combined with the sound if a guy surprise you from attacking from behind. But it is not a horror game at all. That is one misconception I see from people who don't like it and state that it wasn't scary.

I kind of agree with you. It isn't a horror game but the game is creepy. There are some jump scares but the mood is also scary. I can't recommend enough that you play it with headphones. I had to stop playing a couple of times.

Top Bottom