• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If the proposed CBA goes live, Canucks could buy out Luongo with no cap hit and then he'd be free to sign elsewhere.

No way we'll buy out Luongo. He might have a sucky contract, but he's too valuable a piece to just give up. If we're to buy out anyone it's Ballard.

Crazy World Huh?

ic4ez0bthuHXi.gif

zedge

Jesus these Euro uniforms at Spengler are atrocious.. they look like WRC rally cars skating around the ice for petes sake..

Heretic

THE FIRST DOMINO HAS DROPPED! TEAM NOPE IS GOING DOWN!

Team Nope is dominating in the shots on goal category and they've been on a 5 - 3 power play for the entirety of the lockout but Team Hope as held strong!

Team Hope 0 - 0 Team Nope

Parch

I assume NHLPA is going to table the most lopsided offer ever to make the nhl incredibly angry then disclaim interest as the nhl is "not a willing negotiator"
No doubt. Both sides are wrong here, but Fehr is so full of shit it would be better for the union if he said nothing at all to the media.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull
Donald "Grinch" Fehr expected to tell NHL $60M salary cap in 2013-14 is a joke + amnesty buyout shouldn't count toward players' HRR share.

LOL so predictable

But it's not an amnesty, it's a compliance! I agree with him on that as its stupidly confusing. I say they should allow the buyout go against nothing... Just set the max times it can be used as once every 2-3 years... Using it will be bad in players eyes anyways

And $60 mil is likely higher than what the NHLPA would get at 50% HRR - nhl has only played one year over $60 mil cap (last year)

The reason nhl chose that number is because they expect a drop but they can't tell what kind of drop to expect as theyd be playing a short season this year... They're still going to be screwed with escrow so who cares (I guess that's why they want the escrow cap with a high cap)

DopeyFish

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Bill Daly:"Last two days were informational. No sense of whether we are as close as Don has suggested. I guess we will find out tomorrow."

Solo

Can't believe so many of you guys get sucked into this shit every time. I want to see a lot of your guys' birth certificates to verify that you weren't born yesterday.

Can't believe so many of you guys get sucked into this shit every time. I want to see a lot of your guys' birth certificates to verify that you weren't born yesterday.

I'm not getting suckered, I just laugh at the absurdity and predictability of it all. I hope the season gets cancelled so Fehr gets fired and crawls back into whatever hole he came out of.

Ben Kuzma ‏@benkuzma
From what players told me, NHL's quest for $60M cap next season is going to be a tough sell, even with buyout clause. NHLPA wants $67M.

Ha they still want a guaranteed share. Nothing changes.

DopeyFish

I'm not getting suckered, I just laugh at the absurdity and predictability of it all.

Ben Kuzma ‏@benkuzma
From what players told me, NHL's quest for $60M cap next season is going to be a tough sell, even with buyout clause. NHLPA wants $67M.

Ha they still want a guaranteed share. Nothing changes.

No no

The request is 2013-2014 be set higher

(Likely with escrow cap)

Since no one knows how high the revenue will be- $64 million was the cap this year

$70 million was summer cap and cap for this season

$60 million was cap for next year

Basically nhlpa is hoping to get escrow cap with higher cap so they'd increase what their share will be instead of what they should be

It's dirty tactics but it would be one bad year before NHL corrects cap number

Merguson

Banned
The cycle will continue.

NHL puts forth offer.

NHLPA thinks it is a good offer. Wants to negotiate.

Information session is done. Negotiation session begins.

NHL says this is a take it or leave it offer. No negotiation.

NHL takes everything off the table.

NHL claims this is the hill they will die on.

Repeat.

Socreges

Banned
The cycle will continue.

NHL puts forth offer.

NHLPA thinks it is a good offer. Wants to negotiate.

Information session is done. Negotiation session begins.

NHL says this is a take it or leave it offer. No negotiation.

NHL takes everything off the table.

NHL claims this is the hill they will die on.

Repeat.
Didn't that just happen once since the NHL made huge concessions that were conditional to certain concessions being made by the NHLPA?

Merguson

Banned
Didn't that just happen once since the NHL made huge concessions that were conditional to certain concessions being made by the NHLPA?

Pretty much.

I get the feeling we'll be seeing the exact same thing tomorrow/tuesday.

Except the hill we die on part. Daly probably won't be saying that again.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull
Donald "Grinch" Fehr expected to tell NHL $60M salary cap in 2013-14 is a joke + amnesty buyout shouldn't count toward players' HRR share.

LOL so predictable

I'll be shocked if the players aren't booed off the ice when play resumes.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Apparently Center Ice is gonna be free for the rest of the season, if a season happens.

I hope that translates to Gamecenter Live as well...
Likewise, I don't have cable anymore, but that's pretty awesome. The least they should be doing to repay the fans, but still pretty awesome if true.

I'll be shocked if the players aren't booed off the ice when play resumes.

Booed ? They should have beer cans and shit tossed at them.

Basically nhlpa is hoping to get escrow cap with higher cap so they'd increase what their share will be instead of what they should be

It's dirty tactics but it would be one bad year before NHL corrects cap number

And who knows what their stance is on the other years.

gary lawless ‏@garylawless
Players want 67 mil cap next year. Escrow would be huge. As much as 20 per cent. Escrow on 60 mil would be modest. 5 per cent. #bn #nhl

Like you said Fehr wants a high salary cap + escrow cap so it's not really 50/50 anymore is it ?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I can't see Center Ice being discounted at all — maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I can't see the cable companies being cool with that. GameCenter should be free, though.

Of course, if there is no shitty half-season, they probably won't do anything in the way of a discount for next season, because they suck.

Top Bottom