• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
No chance in hell.

I fully expect it to be full price for a half season.

DirecTV already has been writing on their bills that if hockey resumes this year, the cost of Center Ice will be prorated to the percentage of games played.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I really wouldn't mind paying for Center Ice if more than a channel or two a night were in HD.

From what I recall, nearly every game was in HD last year on DirecTV's Center Ice.

Plinko

I really hate that even with that sports package the sports games (MLB, NBA, NHL) on those stations are blacked out unless you're in the team region.

It sucks.

Except they black them out and make you pay for Center Ice to get the games.

Welp.

I've only ever briefly looked at it as an alternative. I've been with Cocks for years and despite the non-HD CI, it hasn't been a terrible experience which is more than I can say for a lot of providers.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Booed ? They should have beer cans and shit tossed at them.

And who knows what their stance is on the other years.

gary lawless ‏@garylawless
Players want 67 mil cap next year. Escrow would be huge. As much as 20 per cent. Escrow on 60 mil would be modest. 5 per cent. #bn #nhl

Like you said Fehr wants a high salary cap + escrow cap so it's not really 50/50 anymore is it ?

$67 million would be $2 billion

Drop of 20% (from last year) would be $1.54 billion for players

But with cap of 10%, if dropped 20% from last year (with newly set cap) would equate to $1.81 billion

$270 million more being paid out than they should be. Then add make whole.

Escrow caps are a non starter, especially when it puts nhl at extreme risk if there's a currency collapse

Cake Boss

Banned
David Shoalts‏@dshoalts

Lengthy conversations with several of the sharper player agents produce a consensus: Latest NHL offer has no deal-breakers for either side

Some hopuim for your Sunday afternoon.

I was forced to watch football today, WTF America why are your sports so fucking hard to watch, this and baseball are your national past times? Fuuuck so boring to watch.

Plinko

David Shoalts‏@dshoalts

Lengthy conversations with several of the sharper player agents produce a consensus: Latest NHL offer has no deal-breakers for either side

I was forced to watch football today, WTF America why are your sports so fucking hard to watch, this and baseball are your national past times? Fuuuck so boring to watch.

Until Fehr tells the players that it does.

David Shoalts‏@dshoalts

Hockey sucks. Go Bengals!

Marvie_3

Banned
David Shoalts‏@dshoalts

Go play ringette.

David Shoalts‏@dshoalts

You don't need a deal-breaker. You just need Fehr telling his sheep that if they wait longer they can get a better deal.

Plus I believe the agents have been mostly against Fehr and urging the players to get a deal done sooner than later(except for Allan Walsh of course). So it's no surprise they don't see any dealbreakers.

"We're going to find out how bad the NHL wants a season," said a union source

Fuck fehr

xU3VR.gif

The players just want to play guys.

Plinko

"We're going to find out how bad the NHL wants a season," said a union source

Fuck fehr

Wish the media would start broadcasting this stuff constantly. Screw the players.

Quick

Banned
You don't need a deal-breaker. You just need Fehr telling his sheep that if they wait longer they can get a better deal.

Plus I believe the agents have been mostly against Fehr and urging the players to get a deal done sooner than later(except for Allan Walsh of course). So it's no surprise they don't see any dealbreakers.

I think, with enough push, the NHL can get close enough to what Fehr is asking and then a deal is done. Then you'll have Fehr telling everybody that it was all part of his plan. Asshole gets away with looking like a genius.

Socreges

Banned
I think, with enough push, the NHL can get close enough to what Fehr is asking and then a deal is done. Then you'll have Fehr telling everybody that it was all part of his plan. Asshole gets away with looking like a genius.
Wouldn't he be right? If the NHL gets so close to what the NHLPA wants, then you'd have to think that their resistance was worth it (ignoring the potential damage to the brand, lost fans, etc) for the wealth of the players.

Quick

Banned
Wouldn't he be right? If the NHL gets so close to what the NHLPA wants, then you'd have to think that their resistance was worth it (ignoring the potential damage to the brand, lost fans, etc) for the wealth of the players.

Touche, Soc.

I guess my thinking process was along the lines of Fehr taking whatever last offer the NHL makes, which would be closer, but still not quite the deal he wants, then claims it was exactly part of his plan all along.

On another note, I was lining up before Christmas to buy something, and The Instigator: How Gary Bettman Remade the NHL and Changed the Game Forever was on display. Guy in front of me ranted about him: "This guy's scum. He needs to get fired. Did nothing good for the NHL and the game," in a knee-jerk response. Regardless of what happens with this lockout, you'll still have a majority of people hating on Bettman. Public opinion is still for the players, I think.

Think about how much money the players have already lost and if what they've "gained" is worth it. What they're fighting for affects a tiny percentage of players as well, Fehr isn't even representing the majority here.

Socreges

Banned
Think about how much money the players have already lost and if what they've "gained" is worth it. What they're fighting for affects a tiny percentage of players as well, Fehr isn't even representing the majority here.
You misunderstand me. I'm not going to get into a philosophical argument about what is truly best (fighting for a better share as the league loses popularity - do they ultimately win or lose?), but Fehr's raison d'etre is to get the union a better deal, and if he succeeds in the end, then he could say he did exactly what he set out to do and every move in the interim was justified.

Quick

Banned
Oh my god, this is terrible. Could somebody please...FIND Ja Rule, get hold of this motherfucker so I could make sense of all this.

WHERE IS JA?!

Help me, Ja Rule.

Top Bottom