• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Pretty much.

Got a link to the highlight reel goal?
Everyone I talked to was really suprised by his goalscoring in the beginning, but that might be because he is Danish. He was basically doing so good that it was impossible that he would keep up that goal scoring pace, over the whole season he is probably still highest in goal scoring of the prospects and way ahead of any junior in the elague.

I managed to find a video, but I´m not computer savvy enough to post a real link, so you have to go down and press the second vid called "Veckans mål 10/12" it is basically top 5 goals of the week and he is in it, think it was number 2 of the week.
http://www.aikhockey.se/trupp/AIK/4937/video

You misunderstand me. I'm not going to get into a philosophical argument about what is truly best (fighting for a better share as the league loses popularity - do they ultimately win or lose?), but Fehr's raison d'etre is to get the union a better deal, and if he succeeds in the end, then he could say he did exactly what he set out to do and every move in the interim was justified.

I know but how much better can it get ? He's already caved in to the 50/50, contract limits etc. He's not going to get the cap removed or any other major changes. What exactly is he fighting for ?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I know but how much better can it get ? He's already caved in to the 50/50, contract limits etc. He's not going to get the cap removed or any other major changes. What exactly is he fighting for ?
NHL offer for the max cap is $60 million a season starting 2012/13 and the PA wants $67. It made me laugh when the guys on TSN mentioned the Canucks were already at $60 million for 2012/13 with only 13 players signed.

Cake Boss

Banned
holy+shit+again+no+one+cares+_97cd41d3cb7abfd113ce0ddfb7dba290.jpg

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
PA isn't delaying meeting. Still working on counter and also awaiting arrival of players who will attend negotiating sessions.

Lulz Team Nope keeps the jeep riding. From the Fehr play book of "we make the time."

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
NHL says a 52 game season is still possible if deal signed quickly

Also if I were NHL, I'd skip the salary cap for next year and try to get it done at a later date

Basically tell the nhlpa "lets see how we do during this season first"

And after playoffs... Both look at numbers and figure out best cap

You're right. Either way, it's low.

Remember... Going to 50/50 is a cap decrease of $8 mil from last season ($56 million)

Btw... Hope NHL receives a full counter-proposal and does what nhlpa did... Asking for clarification on everything as the DOI deadline passes lol.

Hope Subban keeps it up. Nice to have a solid goalie in net for Canada.

One area of concern though is the lack of finish. 48 shots against Russia and only 3 goals (one an empty-netter). 32 shots against the US along with numerous chances (a 5-on-3 for 2 minutes that generated nothing) and 2 goals.

DopeyFish

Nhlpa keeps pushing meeting back because they are working on their proposal

Meaning

They keep trying to throw as much cap circumventing things in as they can think up

Nhlpa keeps pushing meeting back because they are working on their proposal

Meaning

They keep trying to throw as much cap circumventing things in as they can think up

It might be that there's disagreement with how/what to propose as a counter to the league. Heh.

With respect to calling Fehr's tenure a success or not, we really have to wait and see how the next round of CBA negotiations go - even though that probably won't be for another 8-10 years. I personally think he's made this round so ugly and uncomfortable that the owners will never use a Scorched Earth/nuclear approach again.

DopeyFish

Ken Campbell ‏@THNKenCampbell
Being told that, as part of a counter proposal, NHLPA will try to make future expansion and relocation fees part of hockey related revenue.

Lololol

WHY IS IT ALWAYS SOMETHING DIFFERENT

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Being told that, as part of a counter proposal, NHLPA will try to make future expansion and relocation fees part of hockey related revenue.

Lololol

The absolute stupidity of the PA makes me want to scream.

Lololol

Why shouldn't they be? If the league wants the players to accept less and less of HRR, it's more than reasonable for the players to ask for the HRR pie to get bigger.

DopeyFish

Why shouldn't they be? If the league wants the players to accept less and less of HRR, it's more than reasonable for the players to ask for the HRR pie to get bigger.

Because expansion and relocation fees aren't hockey related. It's strictly business back end.

Merguson

Banned
Patiently waiting for negotiations to go sour and Bettman to say that the new NHL proposal was a take it or leave it offer.

Also, will talk about how he has no idea why the NHLPA sent a full CBA counter-proposal. Never asked for it. Media turns out to be wrong once again. Etc. etc.

Top Bottom