• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Bettman talking

Going to get back to the PA in the morning, expects to meet midday
When asked if they were getting closer he said they have to review the offer

LOL

So the league makes concessions in nearly every area and the PA still wants more. Screw them.

PA did nothing and the league came forward with a new proposal with concessions. Why wouldn't they wait until closer to Jan 11 for more concessions?

The government is basically averting the fiscal cliff at the last minute. I would be surprised if the NHL and PA reached a deal well before the drop-dead date.

Fei

Sometimes this place is ridiculous. NHL reviewing the proposal and will respond tomorrow. NHL-GAF Response? Those greedy players didn't completely agree to the owners' proposal?!?!

With the amount of bad NHL news there has been, can't you guys wait until there's actually something to complain about? It probably won't be long.

Sometimes this place is ridiculous. NHL reviewing the proposal and will respond tomorrow. NHL-GAF Response? Those greedy players didn't completely agree to the owners' proposal?!?!

With the amount of bad NHL news there has been, can't you guys wait until there's actually something to complain about? It probably won't be long.

It isn't hard to figure out the response by both sides ahead of time.

This is posturing and poker until Jan 10th. We all know it. Things have become predictable to the point of nausea at this point.

None of us expected the players to accept the proposal.

The good thing is, they appear to be speaking the same language. Bettman asked that they highlight the issues to be worked on from the NHL's recent proposal and has stated they did just that today. A far cry from the napkin proposals of months back.

Fei

This is posturing and poker until Jan 10th. We all know it.

People sure don't act like it. Team Nope (ironically) continuously freaks out over every tweet. OMG, Kypreos' "minor tweaks" means PA proposal is crazy! Players want expansion fees into HRR! So much terrible information out there. Beyond that, it's a negotiation. Of course the players are going to ask for more than they're going to get, just like the owners should ask for more than they're going to get.

The expectation here is that the PA should just accept a deal, but the longer they have waited, the better the more concessions the owners have offered. Then Fehr is called terrible at his job. :lol I don't like the guy either, but he's been right.

People sure don't act like it. Team Nope (ironically) continuously freaks out over every tweet. OMG, Kypreos' "minor tweaks" means PA proposal is crazy! Players want expansion fees into HRR! So much terrible information out there. Beyond that, it's a negotiation. Of course the players are going to ask for more than they're going to get, just like the owners should ask for more than they're going to get.

The expectation here is that the PA should just accept a deal, but the longer they have waited, the better the more concessions the owners have offered. Then Fehr is called terrible at his job. :lol I don't like the guy either, but he's been right.

Team Hope seems to freak out more over the tweets, just saying.

While all of this is true, they should have done all of this 10 months ago and avoided missing games. They can all go fuck themselves.

Team Nope.

"Better" is the worst misconception I've heard in any discussion concerning this lockout.

http://lockoutclock.com/

Not to mention that we don't even know the extent of the damage this will do to the growth of HRR.

Quick

Banned
irl50UQG0U54S.gif

@DarrenDreger

Without question, the NHL will respond to the PA's counter tomorrow, however, the process has moved beyond proposals. Still work to do...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@DarrenDreger

Without question, the NHL will respond to the PA's counter tomorrow, however, the process has moved beyond proposals. Still work to do...

That tweet makes it sound that both sides are basically going to sit down and find out what each others acceptable variances are and hammer out a deal that neither likes

It's give/take or lose it all time

Fei

"Better" is the worst misconception I've heard in any discussion concerning this lockout.

http://lockoutclock.com/

Not to mention that we don't even know the extent of the damage this will do to the growth of HRR.

Of course they lose in the short-term. That's always the argument against any union striking (yes, I know this is a lockout). They're negotiating player terms that will last the next 6-10 years. Just as important, this CBA will be the starting point for the next CBA discussions in 2019-2023.

The brand hit is something both sides will have to live with, but I'll bet you that impact is being blown out of proportion. All sports leagues have recovered and grown after work stoppages. Granted, 20 years ago baseball had a hard time coming back, but it did come back.

You guys really think that weak hockey markets like St. Louis and Calgary that worked so hard to get their fanbase back due to their on-ice play will recover that quickly? It's not going to happen, if Canadian markets are fed up and boycott games/merchandise I don't see how any of these borderline successful American franchises survive. No matter how many times Dasterdly posts.

Cake Boss

Banned
"@JSportsnet: Just a quick note from a team exec. Hearing that players were impressed with Bettman's demeanour tonight. Might be a chance

One last hopuim tweet for 2012.

Well I am off to pass out on a ditch somewhere downtown, have a safe new years turd munchers.

"@JSportsnet: Just a quick note from a team exec. Hearing that players were impressed with Bettman's demeanour tonight. Might be a chance

One last hopuim tweet for 2012.

Well I am off to pass out on a ditch somewhere downtown, have a safe new years turd munchers.

Let's see, went from:

Glenlivet 21->Macallan 15->Glenmorangie 18->Glenmorangie Lasanta.

Cake bossin'. Happy Nope Year.

Canuck76

Banned
If there is a full lockout some of the rules changing writers have been theorizing are interesting. Take the frigging goalie trapezoid away. Continuous 2 min power play no matter how many goals are scored.

Even if there is a season at this point what will it be though?

I don't think the league needs to implement any drastic rule changes, bar one: Get rid of players going prone to block shots. It's dangerous and it's utterly boring to watch from a fan perspective.

Top Bottom