• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

FOOTE

You guys really think that weak hockey markets like St. Louis and Calgary that worked so hard to get their fanbase back due to their on-ice play will recover that quickly? It's not going to happen, if Canadian markets are fed up and boycott games/merchandise I don't see how any of these borderline successful American franchises survive. No matter how many times Dasterdly posts.

Two bad seasons of attendance after a season lost and an ownership selling off the team and St. Louis will never live it down.

You guys really think that weak hockey markets like St. Louis and Calgary that worked so hard to get their fanbase back due to their on-ice play will recover that quickly? It's not going to happen, if Canadian markets are fed up and boycott games/merchandise I don't see how any of these borderline successful American franchises survive. No matter how many times Dasterdly posts.

From the FLA prospective it is the best & worst time for a lockout. This market is very much rewarded by sucsess, hence why it has been in the shitter since the Bure days. Right now though the Marlins and Dolphins suck and will do so for years to come. This is when the Panthers should be showing sucsess and drawing more people but right now it is tolerable because there is only one alternative for a winning team. This year has seen the Mains piss off the Cuban population and alienating a large section of the fan base with "the trade." The Dolphins are having trouble selling out home games, the NFL! This should've a great year in getting back old fans and pulling in a new generation of Panther fans but the lockout is on. At least the gap will remain for some time.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
DarrenDreger (Darren Dreger)
NHL execs are mtng this morning and have been for some time. Will invite union in at some pt today. Long day ahead for all...

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Said last night, a number of differences on main issues need to be resolved, so don't expect a deal today. Inching to that goal = progress.

Fuuuuu I should have been loading up with beer and snacks to watch the winter classic today... Damn labor dispute!

DopeyFish

CBA talks expected to resume at 5 pm est

Don't worry Arab, next year rielly and datsyuk can take turns at keep away

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I can't believe Komisarek has six goals. Oh and that Kessel-Bertuzzi fight was brutal, Phil destroyed him

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Despite the loss Kadri had some nice moves out there.

QX8Aj.gif

I enjoyed the part where Gustavsson skated onto the ice and tore off his Detroit jersey to reveal a Maple Leafs one and replaced Reimer for the last minute letting in those 8 weak goals.

Kessel eating on the bench was funny too.

FOOTE

I enjoyed the part where Gustavsson skated onto the ice and tore off his Detroit jersey to reveal a Maple Leafs one and replaced Reimer for the last minute letting in those 8 weak goals.

Kessel eating on the bench was funny too.

Standing outside, with my mouth open wide
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Kessel got such a sugar high from the cookies he just climbed into the stands and started going nuts

fatfan.gif

Quick

Banned
Can't believe every Leafs fan had paper bag on their head...
What does that even mean?

Paper bags are a sign of support for Phil bringing a brown bag full of cookies to each game, and snacking on the bench.

League leading scorer gets to eat on the bench.

Parch

DarrenDreger (Darren Dreger)
NHL execs are mtng this morning and have been for some time. Will invite union in at some pt today. Long day ahead for all...

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Said last night, a number of differences on main issues need to be resolved, so don't expect a deal today. Inching to that goal = progress.
Since Jan 11 is supposedly the drop dead date, those pricks better be meeting 20 hours per day until then.

DopeyFish

gary lawless ‏@garylawless
more on compressed NHL sked - whether 52 starting jan 12 or 48 staring jan 19, it will be busy. 4 games one week, 3 the next per team #nhl

Donald fehr just showed up at NHL offices

Top Bottom