• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Haven't played Far Cry 3, but I really enjoyed my time with Far Cry 2. Although, I think it was mostly for things that came out of emergent game play. I just loved how disastrous things could happen.

Far Cry 2 was boring and at times, simply annoying. Far Cry 3 is a funfest of awesome. You'll like FC3 even if you disliked FC2. If you liked FC2? Well, GET THE GAME. :p

EDIT: typo, thanks Marvie.

I want to play Witcher 2 but I haven't even played the first one yet.

Still debating between Witcher 1/2, Dragon Age 1/2, or Kingdoms of Amalur for my next RPG.

Quick

Banned
I have The Witcher 2 on Xbox 360. Great game, but I stopped playing midway through Chapter 2, since it got a bit frustrating and I found something new to play.

Speaking of games, I'm currently going through The Walking Dead. I don't think I've played a game with such attention to the story in ages. I was lukewarm on BTTF due to the gameplay, so I was initially hesitant on picking up TWD, but Steam had it on sale, so I couldn't resist.

Marvie_3

Banned
I have The Witcher 2 on Xbox 360. Great game, but I stopped playing midway through Chapter 2, since it got a bit frustrating and I found something new to play.

Speaking of games, I'm currently going through The Walking Dead. I don't think I've played a game with such attention to the story in ages. I was lukewarm on BTTF due to the gameplay, so I was initially hesitant on picking up TWD, but Steam had it on sale, so I couldn't resist.
I just marathon'd TWD over the last few days. Didn't like it at first but as it went on it got better. There's a few bugs that are really frustrating though.

Stasis

I want to play Witcher 2 but I haven't even played the first one yet.

Still debating between Witcher 1/2, Dragon Age 1/2, or Kingdoms of Amalur for my next RPG.

That's an easy one... Witcher 1/2. And it's true, you don't need to play the first.

Dragon Age 1 was fantastic, but the second installment was really lacking. I'd say you should still play at least the 1st, and then see if the 2nd is necessary at all in order to fully understand #3. And I'm a huge Bioware fan who loved all three Mass Effects despite some shortcomings in the third. DA2 was really just kind of meh. Kingdoms of Amalur is a different kind of RPG, and while vast and fun for different reasons, I don't think it can be compared to the other two directly... I enjoyed my time with it, but never felt compelled to complete it. YMMV.

tl;dr: Play DA1 and TW2.

Fei

That makes it four proposals that have been passed back and forth in the last two days or so and we know very little about the details. Seems like a good sign.

CCF23

That makes it four proposals that have been passed back and forth in the last two days or so and we know very little about the details. Seems like a good sign.

Especially considering there has to be movement (however slight) on every one. No reason to counter if you're not going to move somewhere.

The general concensus seems to be that there's nothing that seperates them that will make either side want to blow the entire season up. The only way this goes off the rails to the point of a lost season is if one of the sides decide to take a sharp turn on their current stance.

I mean, the issues left seem to be:

Pension

$5-$7 million difference in the cap number for next year (NHL wants $60 mil, PA is reportedly just below $67)

A 1-2 year difference on contract limit (NHL is at 6-7 while the PA is at 8 across the board).

Ironing out varience.

...and that's about it in terms of "main" issues. HRR is supposedly done. The players have reportedly backed off an escrow cap. Make Whole is in place. The PA has seemingly resigned themselves to a 10 year CBA (thank god).

Socreges

Banned
Trials Evolution is so good. I've been pining for a game like this and had no idea it existed. I'd heard people talking about "Trials" but thought it was an RPG for some reason..?

Rev/SCHUEY, fuck your ghosts.

Revenant

Trials Evolution is so good. I've been pining for a game like this and had no idea it existed. I'd heard people talking about "Trials" but thought it was an RPG for some reason..?

Rev/SCHUEY, fuck your ghosts.

Oh shit. May need to get back on trials with some new blood here

Stasis

I knew they wouldn't offer anything like that for free. They know most fans who care about those packages will be back regardless, and they're gonna want to make the most money they can now. A bunch of people will pay for it.

I'm not saying I agree. I don't... fuck them.

fallout

6 hours later:

NHLPA: We've reviewed the NHL's latest proposal and we cannot in good conscience continue bargaining like this. We're back to square one.

NHL: The unwillingness of the NHLPA to work with us is disheartening.

NHLPA: The NHL ran over our dog.

NHL: The NHLPA were actually the ones that ran over OUR dog.

And they never talked again until June.

Quick

Banned
I just marathon'd TWD over the last few days. Didn't like it at first but as it went on it got better. There's a few bugs that are really frustrating though.

Episode 1 felt too claustrophobic and simple, then shit gets real in Episode 2. I'll be on Episode 3 tonight, probably 4 and 5 tomorrow and Friday.

Sucks that there's no Season 2 yet, though. I was thinking of actually trying Back to the Future again. Maybe I'll enjoy it more now than initially.

Socreges

Banned
6 hours later:

NHLPA: We've reviewed the NHL's latest proposal and we cannot in good conscience continue bargaining like this. We're back to square one.

NHL: The unwillingness of the NHLPA to work with us is disheartening.

NHLPA: The NHL ran over our dog.

NHL: The NHLPA were actually the ones that ran over OUR dog.

And they never talked again until June.
But they're making progress. Right? That's what we've been told. I mean, they've been making progress for four months now. It's simple math. You can't have that much progress without a deal. In fact I'm quite sure they've had a deal in place for weeks now. They're probably working on the 2022 CBA at this point.

Heretic

HOPE HOPE HOPE!!!

I laugh at all of you Nopers. Like I said before, we're in overtime and the Nopers are on a 5 - 3 power play in game 7 of the Stanley Cup.

WHAT'S THIS!? TEAM HOPE IS ON A SHORTHANDED BREAKAWAY!!!

STAY TUNED, BITCHES!

CCF23

PA consenting on term limit should make the NHL happy. No reason the league can't loosen the variance rule if the longest allowable contract is 6-7 years.

Also, the cap number should be reasonably easy to agree on. Won't be 60 like the NHL wants, won't be 67 like the PA is asking for. I'd assume it settles between 63-65.

Socreges

Banned
Episode 1 felt too claustrophobic and simple, then shit gets real in Episode 2. I'll be on Episode 3 tonight, probably 4 and 5 tomorrow and Friday.

Sucks that there's no Season 2 yet, though. I was thinking of actually trying Back to the Future again. Maybe I'll enjoy it more now than initially.
Will bite on the next sale, I guess. Didn't like Episode 1,but people rave about the series so it must pick up.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
HOPE HOPE HOPE!!!

I laugh at all of you Nopers. Like I said before, we're in overtime and the Nopers are on a 5 - 3 power play in game 7 of the Stanley Cup.

WHAT'S THIS!? TEAM HOPE IS ON A SHORTHANDED BREAKAWAY!!!

STAY TUNED, BITCHES!

Renaud Lavoie said:
The NHL is working on a response after the NHLPA made an offer today. Long night ahead folks.

lTczy.jpg

Merguson

Banned
The NHL and NHLPA seem too close on a deal to cancel the season.

Of course, everyone's saying there is still work to be done so we'll see.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The idea of a 20-team playoff still seems like the dumbest thing in the world.

Top Bottom