• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

I look forward to waking up tomorrow to see team Nope victorious, or they better!! *Shakes fist at sky!!

I just really don't want almost a half of a season, seems almost pointless at this point.

I look forward to waking up tomorrow to see team Nope victorious, or they better!! *Shakes fist at sky!!

I just really don't want almost a half of a season, seems almost pointless at this point.

That and I'm finding it tough to want to cheer for these assholes. I need a full offseason where they fix this shit and then maybe I can let hope return. Until then, these fuckers can suck on the Nope Stick.

Marvie_3

Banned
What the heck has gotten into the Raptors?

iAl1RUfke3lSg.gif

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Players haven't decided on filing disclaimer but how to proceed and course of action was set earlier tonight on conf call.

WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN

Acid08

Banned
Oh yeah I wanted to give my impressions of the Pistons game yesterday.

1. lol 48 minute games, NBA children have short attention spans.
2. music plays while the game is going, shit is so whack.
3. their cheerleaders were so fine.

Have to give something away every 5 minutes
People coming and going all the damn time, blocking everyone's view

Quick

Banned
I'm watching Sportsnet's Hockey Central, and according to the guy they were interviewing earlier, the NHLPA can file a disclaimer of interest without needing the approval of the players.

Not sure if accurate, or just high. lol.

I'm watching Sportsnet's Hockey Central, and according to the guy they were interviewing earlier, the NHLPA can file a disclaimer of interest without needing the approval of the players.

Not sure if accurate, or just high. lol.

I believe that's correct, I don't think the NBA or NFL had a vote. The union can walk away from the players at any time. The players need a vote to decertify.

The whole vote was for show to try and spook the NHL.

Quick

Banned

1. lol. I don't think I can take 15 minutes of basketball. 12 per quarter is enough.
2. Valid, otherwise you get bored quicker.
3. Damn fine.

I believe that's correct, I don't think the NBA or NFL had a vote. The union can walk away from the players at any time. The players need a vote to decertify.

The whole vote was for show to try and spook the NHL.

Thanks, Kernel. Wasn't sure if the guy was on crack or something. He sounded like your generic barber.

Michael Grange ‏@michaelgrange

With Notice of disclaimer looming; #NHL sources earlier indicated to @Sportsnet that filing could be a season-ending issue #NHL CBA

Some men would rather watch the world burn (or the ice melt)

They could just let the deadline pass and get another vote from the players with a new deadline.

As a means of pressure, sure, but not sure how two votes to actually get a DoI through (especially with the first passing so unanimously) looks in court.

Not that I think a DoI would do anything but deep freeze negotiations.

With Notice of disclaimer looming; #NHL sources earlier indicated to @Sportsnet that filing could be a season-ending issue #NHL CBA

Some men would rather watch the world burn (or the ice melt)

Also said that #NHL would not sign a waiver permitting Fehr etc. to continue bargaining -- 'it would be a sham'

The NBA agreed to this, the NHL (apparently) will not.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Glad to see the NHL take a hardline stance against it. Fehr is clearly using it as a scare-tactic.

As a means of pressure, sure, but not sure how two votes to actually get a DoI through (especially with the first passing so unanimously) looks in court.

Not that I think a DoI would do anything but deep freeze negotiations.

Would be rather irrelevant in an antitrust suit I would imagine. Players can't actually file the suit until the DOI.

A ULP or NLRA suit wouldn't be nearly as damaging to the league as the antitrust case. That's the only place the DOI would really carry any weight.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
NHLPA will announce whether it disclaims interest or not, but not necessarily right at midnight.

Only reason for this would be to try and get the owners to make a last-minute offer, no?

Top Bottom