• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Stasis

Man, there really needs to be some alternative to HFBoards at some point. They're becoming intense with the over-moderation over there. It's fucking ridiculous.

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN
NHLPA could have handed Bettman the "disclaimer" letter but both sides could agree to continue talking; if no letter, that's a good sign

LOL

"Hey we're no longer a union but let's keep talking as if we are"

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN
NHLPA could have handed Bettman the "disclaimer" letter but both sides could agree to continue talking; if no letter, that's a good sign

LOL

"Hey we're no longer a union but let's keep talking as if we are"

Fuck it better then nothing.

Daren Millard ‏@darenmillard

The @nhlpa has not told the @nhl anything regarding filing the disclaimer of interest. Talks are on going!

Cake Boss

Banned
The NHL already said that they wont continue negotiating if the filed for DoI, seeing that they are still Talkings says nothing happened.

/ Team Hope.

Stasis

Let's just say he started his own forum

Manics blog? I remember seeing something about that a while back... someone who was pissed at HF or something. Did it work out? Is it taboo? Do I need to not talk openly about this here? Lol, I don't know what the deal is.

Manics was a regular poster here, he was a Leafs fan, a very enthusiastic Leafs fan, he kind of crossed the line a few times and was banned

Manics worked on a start-up for a bit, but when the lockout hit I think it folded.

iirc, he fell after starting an unban Forza/Greekboy/Epic thread.

Cox says meetings done

Fehr says

Still a ways to go, but are closer
Had a mediator present today
PA still has all their legal options available

Bettman says

Long day
Lots of meetings
Process continuing tomorrow morning
Mediator wants them back for 10am
Some progress
Apart on a number of issues
As long as process continues he is "hopeful"

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If DoI was not filed, this night is Team Hope's.

Edit:
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
NHLPA did not filed for disclaimer, source just told me.

"@DarrenDreger: Player source says pa did not file disclaimer. No official word from pa."

NOPE, HOPE!
Yep, I don't know what Team Nope are on about. This is the best result we could have hoped for other then someone holding a gun to Fehr's head and he walked out with an agreement.

They're talking again at 10 am.

Stasis

I thought Dastardly's orgy was tomorrow.

Edit: I just realized we both have grumpy cat Nope avs... I'm sorry, I was unaware. =/

Minor strides gained is what I was told. Enough to bypass filing disclaimer. Still an option that obviously needs a re-vote by #NHLPA

Oh boy, minor strides. Over three months of hockey cancelled and a week to go until the entire season is thrown in the trash and they've made minor strides. Fehr is the worst thing to happen to hockey since Gary Bettman.

CCF23

Will be "still a ways to go" until the 11th then.

Yup. They're gonna grind it out until at least the 8th or 9th. Would be surprised if a deal got done this week or weekend.

Still, no DoI and the fact that both sides seem so intent on coming back and hashing it out day after day means we've finally gotten serious.

CCF23

Apparently the NHL isn't willing to budge on a $60 million cap right now...Which seems a little bit silly to me. I'd bet there's a decent number of owners that would hate a $60 million cap. PA is asking for it to be in the $65-$67 million range.

The fact that they're fighting over a $5 million difference in where the salary cap will be and not huge money issues shows both how close they are and how silly this is.

Apparently the NHL isn't willing to budge on a $60 million cap right now...Which seems a little bit silly to me. I'd bet there's a decent number of owners that would hate a $60 million cap. PA is asking for it to be in the $65-$67 million range.

The fact that they're fighting over a $5 million difference in where the salary cap will be and not huge money issues shows both how close they are and how silly this is.

And they are protected by escrow

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Can someone hope-ify my avy? I'm picking sides.
Welcome aboard to the winning team, unfortunately, I have 0 photoshop skills.
Yup. They're gonna grind it out until at least the 8th or 9th. Would be surprised if a deal got done this week or weekend.

Still, no DoI and the fact that both sides seem so intent on coming back and hashing it out day after day means we've finally gotten serious.
Exactly. They're not going to lose the other half of the season and all that money when they're this close.

Top Bottom