• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

sammich

Add another person to team Chope

lol, well not really hope in the sense of an NHL season.. just HOPE as the flames actually have some decent players to look forward to.. eventually. Thats my hope. Ok. fine, to be honest.. i am moving towards hope..inching. I do want hockey back. Once football is done and Manning wins the superbowl wtf am i going to do.

Heretic

John Gibson is fucking awesome. Be happy about that pick, Ducks fans.

you bet your ass we are!!! Loves me some Gibson!!! He's coming back from an injury too. So glad he's tearing it up. Guaranteed silver medal for that guy and for sure MVP of the tourney if they have that.

Alucard

Banned
So...are they back at the bargaining table this morning? Read earlier on in this thread that they're supposed to be back at 10am.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Almost =/= Did

Also:

Why is two necessary? Give back 1 and make the cap higher in 13/14. Seems like the NHL is doing this so they could help teams comply with the 60 mill cap next season, but really what team has 2 buy out candidates? If any they're aren't a lot.

2 buyouts? Detroit won't use either.

Nice to see the Ducks joining us in goalies that stand out during the WJC.

Last year it was Mrazek for us, this year it's Gibson for the Ducks.

He's going to be traded or go as a UFA and go to Edmonton

Lavoie reporting players agreeing to two buyouts counting against their share but not cap.

Good movement, but I expect they'll push harder on cap/pensions now.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Larry Brooks said:
Dont believe 2 buyouts nxt yr benefits players. Will flood FA market, escrow likely to increase. Far better for all to have 1 now 1nxt yr.

Merguson

Banned
According to RDS Ren Lavoie, Donald Fehr won't participate at this meeting with the league.

EDIT: Nick Kypreos said that the players are being told to re-vote on the disclaimer of interest authority again. Probably just to keep the option open.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah I don't get why the players are pushing for 2 buyouts when at the end it hurts their players, a player gets bought out, he earns less money then his contract and he is an FA struggling to get work.

I hate the idea of buyouts so much. Teams should be stuck with the mistakes that they made.

Except those deals were made under a different cap... A guy like Briere was fine a 6m when you expected the cap to keep climbing past 60m. Now with it going down its a bit of an albatross.

Nothing against Briere, the contract just looks different in the new context.

Except those deals were made under a different cap... A guy like Briere was fine a 6m when you expected the cap to keep climbing past 60m. Now with it going down its a bit of an albatross.

Nothing against Briere, the contract just looks different in the new context.

I think the Flyers should absolutely have to live with that contract. It their own fault that they didnt think ahead. The CBA shouldnt be setup to help teams fix their own mistakes.

you really gonna be that upset when Bryz is hiking his way out of philly incredible hulk style?

I am going to be fucking crushed if teams are able to buy their way out of the caps problems that they should have.

So the Flyers should have omnipotently known what the new cap was going to be?

People have been saying for years that the cap would go down with the new CBA. The teams that decided to ignore that should have to pay the price now. No one should be able to weasel out of it now.

So which small market, poverty-stricken team are you a fan of?

I dont get the joke. I am obviously a Flyers fan.

Osorio

For the first time in a while, the New Jersey Devils' ownership situation is clear and their financial issues have been worked out.

Devils Chairman Jeff Vanderbeek announced that the Devils' have refinanced the team's debt and that he has taken over as sole owner of the franchise, meaning he owns 100 percent of the club. It is also worth noting that Vanderbeek is also Chairman of Devils Arena Entertainment LLC.

Vanderbeek previously owned 53 percent of the team, but bought the remaining 47 percent from a group of minority owners that included Mike Gilfillan, Ray Chambers and Peter Simon

Yay?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=48191

Marvie_3

Banned
Almost =/= Did

Also:

Why is two necessary? Give back 1 and make the cap higher in 13/14. Seems like the NHL is doing this so they could help teams comply with the 60 mill cap next season, but really what team has 2 buy out candidates? If any they're aren't a lot.
Chicago has a bunch.
WHOAAAAAAAAAAA WE'RE HALF WAY THERE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! LIVIN' ON A PRAAAAYYEERRRRR!

This was the first song I heard this morning. :lol

Heretic

Dear Ducks,

Haven't you had enough amazing goalies?!?! Must you have Gibson too!?!?

Love,

Flyers
Hey, you have an ex Ducks as a goalie!

I'm pretty excited to have Gibson as a prospect but I can't help shake off this feeling that Old Man Murray will do something stupid and trade him...
Nice to see the Ducks joining us in goalies that stand out during the WJC.

Last year it was Mrazek for us, this year it's Gibson for the Ducks.

He's going to be traded or go as a UFA and go to Edmonton
HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TRUTHS!?

Revenant

Chicago has a bunch.

Sfkqk.gif

This was the first song I heard this morning. :lol

It's a sign man. only a week and a half before Frolik-a-mania runs wild on you and the rest of the nhl.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm pretty excited to have Gibson as a prospect but I can't help shake off this feeling that Old Man Murray will do something stupid and trade him...
It feels great not living in fear of my teams GM making a stupid trade everyday. Que Bergevin shipping out Subban.

Top Bottom