• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

MutFox

Banned
NOPE = Pessimists
HOPE = Optimists
Tabris = Worst insult there is...

There you go, plain and simple...
I'm not joining any side, just hoping there's a season...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hope = realist

Everyone involved are a bunch of greedy pigs and they're not going to let half of the season's worth of cash go away for nothing.

fallout

Personally, I'm just not going to get myself worked up every time the two sides start talking. That's how I see Team Hope. I don't want to hear anything else from them until they have a deal.

Marvie_3

Banned
Because Team Nope knows that there will be a season.
Probably. I just don't give a fuck about it at this point and am in it to see the NHLPA eat as much shit as possible.

Not sure how locking everyone out of their employment is bargaining in good faith.
ibj41wnOfq8Qk7.gif

Socreges

Banned
Except each instance has brought a series of different circumstances. Team Hope isn't predicting a season because it's what we want (though of course we do), but rather because it is what we expect.
You guys get your hopes up every time in here whenever there's a development, and are constantly disappointed. It's entertaining at least.

fallout

Better than being bitter, boring losers.
Who's bitter? I've got plenty of other things to keep me entertained. Let me know when there's a deal and I'll be happy as hell. Until that actually happens, I just don't see the point in being hopeful about it.

How can you hopers even maintain faith? The drop dead date rapidly approaches, the end is nigh. Drop your blind devotion and join nope. There is still time.

Parch

Players think there's conspiracy and owners are paranoid about loopholes. I'd bet there's a much better chance that Fehr is trying to ensure the final deal is vague enough to exploit any possibilities that can supercede the cap.

Owners are their own worst enemies. It's not so much union vs owners but rich teams vs poor teams with the union strongly on the side of rich teams.

So Dopey hasn't made you look like an idiot on this point enough times yet?

Dopey has admitted that revenue sharing would make all teams profitable including the festering piles in Phoenix and Columbus.

I've said numerous times maybe owners need to come to grips with the fact that maybe they just operate a low margin business. Dopey has also claimed that massive profits are needed to do things like build stadiums, which is also untrue.

Like I've said plenty of other times. In other markets when you fail you are allowed to fester and die. In professional sports you get propped up by the league because teams are not permitted to fail. The NHL is supporting too many teams and that should eat into profit margins.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You'd think no hockey would make us put aside rivalries, but instead we get the biggest rivalry of them all. Confrontation is good for us, clearly. :p

Fei

Seriously, the tribal effect is amazing. You literally just 'joined' Team Hope and ever since you've been spitting venom like we raped your dog.

*looks on the last page* Haven't you been egging on the antagonism? :lol And a couple days ago when you posted about the tribalism in the generalizations, literally your next post was a generalization about Hopers. I wasn't sure if it was meant to be ironic at the time.

Team Hope needs to only look at the NFL and NBA lockouts to see a season is more likely than not.

Anyway, I'm down for any CBA/avatar bets. I think Solo already agreed to be banned for a decade if there's a CBA agreement this month, lol.

Kifimbo

Renaud Lavoie‏@RenLavoieRDS
Players will start voting on the disclaimer starting at 6pm tonight. Vote will end in 48 hours.

Steve Zipay‏@stevezipay

Meanwhile, NHLPA files motion in federal court in NY seeking to dismiss league's mid-December suit to have lockout declared legal, AP says.

Retweeted by Bruce Arthur

CCF23

Why are they even voting? They don't need a vote to file.

They're voting to give the negotiating committee the power to do so at their discretion. Pretty sure if they waited, said "we're going to file", it would then require a full membership vote.

Get the vote out of the way now, put the power in the negotiating committee's hands so they can file it immediately if/when they need to.

That's my understanding anyway.

The level of saltiness over our made up optimism / pessimism teams. Oh my.

Is there anyone that's actually salty? I've just been having fun with it. It distracts me from the reality of this soul crushing lockout.

They're voting to give the negotiating committee the power to do so at their discretion. Pretty sure if they waited, said "we're going to file", it would then require a full membership vote.

Get the vote out of the way now, put the power in the negotiating committee's hands so they can file it immediately if/when they need to.

That's my understanding anyway.

That would be a decertification. They're slightly different legally, but this is generally the point. Decert is supposed to show the members don't want the representation, whereas DOI is allowing a union that they elected to voluntarily leave for some reason without fault.

Top Bottom