• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm not sure who else but Ballard the Canucks would buy out... I don't think we have anyone else with a terrible contract... Apart from Luongo, but he'll be traded for sth sooner or later... (more than nothing, at least)... And Raymond is only on a 1 year, so we'll hopefully get rid of him this summer.

Marvie_3

Banned
in reality it seems to come down to Olesz, Monty, and Frolik

honestly I hope Hammer gets back into form. last season was just such an unbelievable shit show.

Oduya and Kruger too but there's unfortunately no way either of them get bought out.

Hammer not playing with Campbell anymore has really hurt him. Leddy isn't far off from being a good match with Hammer but getting stuck with bums like O'Donnell and Lepisto doesn't do him any good.

I was hoping some of the kids in the system would be ready to go this year but I doubt they bother to give many of them a chance with a shortened season.

Cake Boss

Banned
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund
The NHL has increased the variance to 30% now.
KuGsj.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Josh Rimer
‏@JoshRimerHockey
Player told me "PA still feels NHL is purposely hiding money & that we've let all players know about it." This will take a little longer.

Players have turned into conspiracy nuts

Marvie_3

Banned
Josh Rimer
‏@JoshRimerHockey
Player told me "PA still feels NHL is purposely hiding money & that we've let all players know about it." This will take a little longer.

NHL players = Fox New viewers

Both delusional and poorly educated. Makes sense to me.

Not sure how the PA holding a Nuclear Bomb over the head of the negotiations is bargaining in good faith.
The PA's interest in good faith negotiations went out the door the minute they hired Fehr.

Upshall gone. The second one is tricky. It is either Kopecky or Jovo. Kopecky is easier to replace but Jovo does a lot for team off ice, and is a pretty well liked in the community and in the locker room. I give Jovo a benefit because I don't think he was ready to play last season, physically. Kopecky and him both are big in the leadership roles too.

Merguson

Banned
Josh Rimer
‏@JoshRimerHockey

There were some concerns this morning with HRR package sent by league to players. NHLPA upset because it believes penalties...(1/2) for "hiding" HRR were very weak. Some of this afternoon's discussions will be clarifications on this and other "language" issues.

From Friedman.

These two quotes have completely different meanings. Lol.

EDIT: players just left nhl offices... tick tock..

sammich

Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund
The NHL has increased the variance to 30% now.
KuGsj.gif

Its not a yearly variance, its for the entire length of a contract. So as far as im reading it, the difference between the highest year and lowest year cannot exceed 30%. Its seriously not a big deal. If it was 30%/ year that would be fucking dumb and no difference to what is happening now so why bother even doing it.

Josh Rimer
‏@JoshRimerHockey

That's why the mettings are in NHL offices, the PA is looking for hidden money.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That quote about "hidden money" is hilarious. Fehr using dirty tactics in negotiation? I'm shocked!

Lol hopers.

I can see wondergirl Sidney sniffing around the offices before holding a nickel aloft, wailing "I TOLD YOU HE WAS HIDING MONEY" in his pre pubescent squeak.

The truth is that there never was any hope, only nope.

It's a dark, dank and shitty world out there, only nope can guide your soul. Search your feelings, hopers, you know this to be true.

Merguson

Banned
As we discussed on #TSN this morning, small meeting dealt with the NHL changing penalties for 'hiding' HRR.The issue has been resolved.

A quote from TSN person.

This is a quote from a Sportsnet person on the same subject.

IT'S A GODDAMN CONSPIRACY BY THE NHL. THEY ARE HIDING BILLION OF DOLLARS!

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl

As we discussed on #TSN this morning, small meeting dealt with the NHL changing penalties for 'hiding' HRR.The issue has been resolved.

Oh, now the earlier hiding money stuff makes sense

Smiley90

It's a dark, dank and shitty world out there, only nope can guide your soul. Search your feelings, hopers, you know this to be true.

image.php

But seriously, why haven't we turned this into one massive avatar bet yet?

Smiley90

Cause you Nopers are afraid to lose

Because Team Nope knows that there will be a season.

If NOPE wins, you guys get to have avatars - Win for NOPE

If HOPE wins, there's a season - also Win for NOPE

It's a win-win in my eyes. Reminds me of the old "Whoever gets the worst grade on the exam gets a dollar from everyone else" game we sometimes pulled among friends. Noone's a total loser! :D

Socreges

Banned

Ever since you emptied your duffel bag of Xbox games, you've filled it with hate and despair

Stasis

I just woke up from attempting to stay awake for the US-CAN game and failing...

Wtf happened? Did Subban shit the bed? And did they just never play Gally again, or was he on a lot and just not finishing? I feel good about a USA team winning so decidedly without arguably their star player contributing.

Makes me feel like there's a real shot at gold with him on.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No, we'll just say "We told you so"

Team NOPE isn't "we hope there's no season", it's "we've given up hope there will be a season".

We just like being right. We're all just looking forward to being able to rub it in TeamHope's face.

Naw, the fact that all the hope was for nothing.

I'll gladly be proven wrong as much as anyone, I just have no hope left. All I have left is the satisfaction of being right. It's not a good feeling, but it's better than nothing.

If NOPE wins, you guys get to have avatars - Win for NOPE

If HOPE wins, there's a season - also Win for NOPE

It's a win-win in my eyes. Reminds me of the old "Whoever gets the worst grade on the exam gets a dollar from everyone else" game we sometimes pulled among friends. Noone's a total loser! :D
Ahhh so being wrong doesn't matter now. Gotchya.

Eat shit Nopers. You people are worse than CrazedArabMan's political views.
tumblr_m5dt04pCTx1ry9o63o1_400.gif

Top Bottom