• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

CCF23

That would be a decertification. They're slightly different legally, but this is generally the point. Decert is supposed to show the members don't want the representation, whereas DOI is allowing a union that they elected to voluntarily leave for some reason without fault.

*shrugs*

Who knows, then?

The vote won't matter anyway. It'll pass. Only way DoI will be filed is if the negotiations go off the rails so badly that a deal isn't going to get done anyway.

Is there anyone that's actually salty? I've just been having fun with it. It distracts me from the reality of this soul crushing lockout.

Pre season lack of salt saltiness

That would be a decertification. They're slightly different legally, but this is generally the point. Decert is supposed to show the members don't want the representation, whereas DOI is allowing a union that they elected to voluntarily leave for some reason without fault.

Wasn't there a vote last night by the Exec committee to authorize Fehr to decide whether or not to file DoI though?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Pre season lack of salt saltiness

Wasn't there a vote last night by the Exec committee to authorize Fehr to file DoI though?

What if the "deadline" passes and nothing happens? how sure are we Bettman is gonna pull the trigger?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
*looks on the last page* Haven't you been egging on the antagonism? :lol And a couple days ago when you posted about the tribalism in the generalizations, literally your next post was a generalization about Hopers. I wasn't sure if it was meant to be ironic at the time.

Team Hope needs to only look at the NFL and NBA lockouts to see a season is more likely than not.

Anyway, I'm down for any CBA/avatar bets. I think Solo already agreed to be banned for a decade if there's a CBA agreement this month, lol.
Team Nope needs to look at Fehr's history to see a lost season is more likely than not.

Players had filed a DOI a while back, which gave the exec committee authority. It was a delegation of the power they were already delegated by the players.

@DarrenDreger
Players voted yesterday to give Don Fehr full authority to decide on Disclaimer last night. Obviously D.Fehr decided against it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still riding the Team Nope train (not that I've been posting in here much). But that's only because at this point I'd be happy to get my season ticket money back and put it towards a vacation or something, haha.

I guess the consolation prize if Hope prevails wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

So the NHL caused the whole day to be wasted because they wanted weaker penalties for hiding HRR.

Awesome.
No, haven't you been reading this thread?

Josh Rimer
‏@JoshRimerHockey
Player told me "PA still feels NHL is purposely hiding money & that we've let all players know about it." This will take a little longer.

Players have turned into conspiracy nuts
NHL players = Fox New viewers

Both delusional and poorly educated. Makes sense to me.

The PA's interest in good faith negotiations went out the door the minute they hired Fehr.
That quote about "hidden money" is hilarious. Fehr using dirty tactics in negotiation? I'm shocked!
It's clearly the PA being conspiracy nuts, delusional, and using dirty tactics!

Gary Bettman would never do anything underhanded! He's a saint!

Socreges

Banned
*looks on the last page* Haven't you been egging on the antagonism? :lol And a couple days ago when you posted about the tribalism in the generalizations, literally your next post was a generalization about Hopers. I wasn't sure if it was meant to be ironic at the time.

Team Hope needs to only look at the NFL and NBA lockouts to see a season is more likely than not.

Anyway, I'm down for any CBA/avatar bets. I think Solo already agreed to be banned for a decade if there's a CBA agreement this month, lol.
Yeah, I'm having fun with it. Have been since the beginning. You seem to be taking bit pretty seriously tho.

Fei

Yeah, I'm having fun with it. Have been since the beginning. You seem to be taking bit pretty seriously tho.

Extremely seriously.

Nah, I'm nervous we won't get hockey this year and that's probably making me come across a bit stronger than intended.

Solo

LOL, how about looking at the last 2 NHL CBA "negotiations" instead?

People saying "they won't be so stupid as to lose the entire season!" - congrats on picking up hockey in 2005 or later.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I didn't know LeBrun has only been watching hockey for 7 years, he's pretty convincing at what he does.

Row

Banned
LOL, how about looking at the last 2 NHL CBA "negotiations" instead?

People saying "they won't be so stupid as to lose the entire season!" - congrats on picking up hockey in 2005 or later.

why do you have to pick on pens fans?

Merguson

Banned
So apparently the tone from the NHL changed once the deadline for the disclaimer of interest passed and that is why the NHLPA is bringing it back again.

He's a saint!

People misuse this phrase so often these days. It's 'He's an angel!' - since you were implying impeccability. A saint has never ever been considered without sin or beyond reproach.

Also, people tweet stupid shit all the time. Twitter is a trap for some journalists.

WORTHY REPLY OF SOMETHING AWFUL THIS WAS

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
People misuse this phrase so often these days. It's 'He's an angel!' - since you were implying impeccability. A saint has never ever been considered without sin or beyond reproach.

wat.

We're starting religious title talk now? :D

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Watch NHL and NHLPA reach an agreement

Then NHLPA files for DOI in an attempt to make bettman look like the bad guy when he's forced to cancel the season

gaming_noob

Well shit. I just depositing $250 into my sports account. I sure as hell ain't going to bet on the NBA. Get your shit together NHL....

Well shit. I just depositing $250 into my sports account. I sure as hell ain't going to bet on the NBA. Get your shit together NHL....

I just won my fantasy football league with my friends this week. I'm not touching a dime of my winnings until the 11th. If they get this together I'm betting it all on the first Flyers game.

gaming_noob

I just won my fantasy football league with my friends this week. I'm not touching a dime of my winnings until the 11th. If they get this together I'm betting it all on the first Flyers game.

Look into props betting like First period Over 1.5 goals. I've been making a killing with this prop over the years. 5Dimes.com has it if you're interested.

Look into props betting like First period Over 1.5 goals. I've been making a killing with this prop over the years. 5Dimes.com has it if you're interested.

Thanks. I'll look into it. I was thinking about it today and was somewhat scared of getting a really shitty spread on the first game of the season that would actually make the game less enjoyable.

I've never been a huge sports gambler. I really love horse racing and table games, but I've never done a ton of sports betting aside from standard spread bets on hockey games and your standard NFL betting.

Top Bottom