• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Rangers refuses to send Redden down to the AHL in order to not have to pay his $5million salary.

Redden is pissed off.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/19469/wade-redden-dragged-into-lockout

Pretty dick move by the Rangers.

oh poor fucking baby doesn't get his millions that he's already gotten for underperforming

At this point, if you're Wade Redden you go "Well, I've already gotten paid this much for being an underperformer, can't complain really".

I've collected some shows to watch, which should make things easy.

I'm on Louie right now, moving on to either Archer of The IT Crowd. I'm going to give Game of Thrones another shot after.

I'm on the original 1950s Twilight Zone, starting Sons of Anarchy and Childrens Hospital.

RC

Banned
I watch too much TV. And a lockout's only making it worse. Currently watching Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad. Recently got into the latter, now I'm up to the the third season. It's good, but not the be all and end all GAF makes it out to be.

Socreges

Banned
I watch too much TV. And a lockout's only making it worse. Currently watching Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad. Recently got into the latter, now I'm up to the the third season. It's good, but not the be all and end all GAF makes it out to be.
I kinda agree with you, but the fourth season is awesome. Must be weird watching it alongside Boardwalk since they're very different shows.

RC

Banned
I kinda agree with you, but the fourth season is awesome. Must be weird watching it alongside Boardwalk since they're very different shows.

I'm giving Boardwalk a bit of a break until I finish the third season. Which has been difficult, since the season primere was amazing. A part of me still wished they didn't skip ahead a year and half though.

Heretic

I think this was a bit rich:

Yes, NHL Veteran, if Gary was a nicer guy of course you'd so be willing to give up a large percentage of your salary.
I can see that. If someone presented the truth without arrogance, I can see a deal being made. The most honest I've heard Bettman and put me slightly favoring the owners was when he said something along the lines of the players don't want to take 43% when these past 7 years the owners have taken that much. If I was a player, I'd stop and think about that. I personally would think it's only fair. But then again I'm broke and would take any pay cut if it meant I'd still make millions...

Marvie_3

Banned
I can see that. If someone presented the truth without arrogance, I can see a deal being made. The most honest I've heard Bettman and put me slightly favoring the owners was when he said something along the lines of the players don't want to take 43% when these past 7 years the owners have taken that much. If I was a player, I'd stop and think about that. I personally would think it's only fair. But then again I'm broke and would take any pay cut if it meant I'd still make millions...

Yeah but then you wouldn't be able to feed your family. You'd have to sell one of your kids just to get by until your next paycheck.

Finally got around to picking up NHL13. Sweet Jesus they could've tried with the Panthers, maybe a little. The arena is wrong, they call it "Florida Arena" maybe use Bank Atlantic Center from last season or BB&T Center as it is now. Also guys like Sturm and Bradley are still on the team.

Also I can't call up Huberdeau? To the same point guys like Howden/Shore/Petrovic are not on the AHL roster despite playing there in the Calder cup playoffs. Madness, maybe after AHL camp they will update roster.

I really like Mueller though him on the point with Campbell on the PP is nice, he has a great shot.

Quick

Banned
EA probably hasn't gotten the rights to use the BB&T Center name in the game. The Sharks, Bruins, Rangers, Islanders, Hurricanes, and Blackhawks have generic arena names, too, probably because it got pricey. I remember the Madison Square Garden name being in the game once, though.

When GM Place was renamed as Rogers Arena, EA couldn't change it to that until NHL 12.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Paul ranger got the best tests out of all the marlies

Wtf

The dude hasn't even played in like 2-3 years

My explanation: we haven't had our chance to ruin him yet

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Oh god I accidentally went into the NFL thread.

justin-wilcox-9-27-12.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Borderlands 2 is AWESOME, first game in a couple years that isn't NHL / Halo that I'm loving and want to keep playing. Everything about it so far is great.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Borderlands 2 is AWESOME, first game in a couple years that isn't NHL / Halo that I'm loving and want to keep playing. Everything about it so far is great.

Did you play Skyrim? I got that feeling from it too. There's only a handful games lately that have given me that feeling, Skyrim and Guild Wars 2 were two of them.

Red_Man

I liked Skyrim a lot too, but the broken smithing system ruined it for me. I couldn't play it for more then 10-15 hours without getting bored. B2 is like Skyrim jacked up with guns, and better in every way.

Red_Man

Really? Loved Skyrim, but traded it in after a couple weeks because it was eating up my free time.
Combat is a lot more fun, helps that I'm a big FPS guy though. Graphics are amazing, it's hilarious, music's great, and I haven't even touched online Co-op yet. Also, Chests, chests everywhere

Kadri according to Manics

images.jpg

Kadri according to Toronto media

2975105_o.gif

I don't know who to believe anymore lol, is Paula Dean is the team's nutritionist or something ?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Kadri according to Manics

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk264/hoagster/images.jpg

Kadri according to Toronto media

[IMG]http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs7/2975105_o.gif

I don't know who to believe anymore lol, is Paula Dean is the team's nutritionist or something ?[/QUOTE]

Leafs at season end "Kadri isn't big enough"

Leafs at season start "kadri too fat"

Kadri must be so confused

Socreges

Banned
I'm enjoying it so far too. The voice acting feels a bit over the top, but it's still good stuff overall. Not sure how accurate a picture it paints, but if it's close, Cherry's getting more respect from me. Still a xenophobe, though.
It was written and produced by his son.

Top Bottom