• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
jJ8HXkm5kdf2u.jpg

I honestly can't believe how many people didn't realize that comment was a joke.

CREMSteve

Calgary with the leading goal scorer and 2 of the top 3 points producers in the World Juniors.... can't say I've ever seen that before in my lifetime.

YC2wk.jpg

Edit - Scratch that, Granlund had another 3-point game today, he's now tied for the tournament lead with 12 points. :D

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Players ask for compliance buyouts. NHL agrees to 2. PA apparently upset now GMs would use buyouts to shed contracts they regret.Makes sense

Marvie_3

Banned
Players ask for compliance buyouts. NHL agrees to 2. PA apparently upset now GMs would use buyouts to shed contracts they regret.Makes sense
If the players are unhappy about buyouts, the league should get rid of them. They can also get rid of guaranteed contracts while they're at it.

DopeyFish

If the players are unhappy about buyouts, the league should get rid of them. They can also get rid of guaranteed contracts while they're at it.

NHL wanted amnesty buyouts

NHLPA wanted compliance buyouts (to maximize share)

NHL gave what NHLPA wanted (kinda- they wanted no impact to HRR) and are crying about it

DopeyFish

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
"We want this!"

"mhmm... okay... maybe we can work with this... how about this compromise that's essentially what you want?"

"YOU ARE TRYING TO TRICK US YOU DIRTY SKANKS"

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If anybody still thinks Fehr isn't purposely trying to blow this up, well, I don't what else they can do to make it any more clear.

That report about the buyouts and the player unhappiness because they got what they wanted is INSANE.

Marvie_3

Banned
If anybody still thinks Fehr isn't purposely trying to blow this up, well, I don't what else they can do to make it any more clear.

That report about the buyouts and the player unhappiness because they got what they wanted is INSANE.
I'd just cancel the season now. I wouldn't put up with this shit.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I'm looking forward to the 11th when we'll HOPEFULLY finally know how this shit's gonna end. It's been dragging on for WAY too long. Just tell us whether or not there'll be a season and get it over with.

Plinko

Agreed. At this point all the owners can do is throw their hands up in the air and cancel the whole thing.

@TGfireandice: My 2 cents: Bettman says things that anger players. Fehr does things that anger league/owners. Get over it, be adults and negotiate.

At the end of the day, the reason for the season being cancelled season will be hurt feelings.

railGUN

Banned

You know what that number is?

That's the number of episodes of Grey's Anatomy my pregnant wife has streamed onto our TV since the lockout started.

One hundred and seventy fucking two. Episodes. Of Grey's Anatomy.

If you, or someone you know has been affected in a similar way, please, donate now to the lockout. Call the toll-free number below to prevent this tragedy from happening to someone else.

1-800-CRY-MOAR

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Serious question:

When the season is cancelled...what the heck are we going to do in here?

AHL talk I assume? We'll run out of salt otherwise.

Marvie_3

Banned
truth. i just bought some new goalie equipment. time for the GAFHL Draft to begin.
Time for the Salthawks to fly.

I wish I was still flexible enough to play goalie. Used to love playing goalie but I'm afraid of the injuries I'd sustain anymore. Hasek had nothing on my flopping.

You know what that number is?

That's the number of episodes of Grey's Anatomy my pregnant wife has streamed onto our TV since the lockout started.

One hundred and seventy fucking two. Episodes. Of Grey's Anatomy.

If you, or someone you know has been affected in a similar way, please, donate now to the lockout. Call the toll-free number below to prevent this tragedy from happening to someone else.

1-800-CRY-MOAR
That's about 200 episodes too many.

Calgary with the leading goal scorer and 2 of the top 3 points producers in the World Juniors.... can't say I've ever seen that before in my lifetime.

YC2wk.jpg

Edit - Scratch that, Granlund had another 3-point game today, he's now tied for the tournament lead with 12 points. :D

Shhhhh, everyone says Calgary has no prospects.

Merguson

Banned
at least the league appears to be somewhat competent.

He's the only commissioner in any major sport to have the most amount of games lost due to lockouts. Over 4000 NHL games lost under his tenure. Even more if he cancels the remaining games.

Competency doesn't really fit the picture.

EDIT: He's got one of the best jobs in the world. Get paid a ridiculous amount of money to completely fail at what you were hired to do. It's totally awesome.

He's the only commissioner in any major sport to have the most amount of games lost due to lockouts. Over 4000 NHL games lost under his tenure. Even more if he cancels the remaining games.

It takes two to tango and the players have two left feet.

EDIT: He's got one of the best jobs in the world. Get paid a ridiculous amount of money to completely fail at what you were hired to do. It's totally awesome.

maybe he's bad for the sport, but the league has still appeared more competent than the PA. i mean, look at this mickey mouse bullshit:

adater ‏@adater
(1/2)On "bait and switch" charges:league says HRR language given to players on Dec. 27, and players acknowledged it with follow-up questions

adater ‏@adater
(2/2) on 12-29 and 1-1, rendering bait-and-switch charges, to league, as bogus attempt at redo on disclaimer vote

fuck these clowns. cancel the season.

Curufinwe

Yes terrible NHLPA leadership.

And what adjective fits the NHL leadership that cancelled an entire season in 04/05 to ensure they could defeat the union and get the CBA they wanted, only to turn around just seven years later and admit what they asked for and got was actually so bad they were going to have to do the lockout thing all over again.

How can we say the PA's leadership has been poor throughout this lockout? The proposals from the NHL have been consistently better the longer the lockout has go on. Fehr's managed to keep a heretofore dysfunctional union in line while making the bargaining process as embarrassing and unpleasant to the owners as possible. Chances are, whenever the next CBA expires, the owners don't even think about letting it get to a lockout situation.

Cake Boss

Banned
How can we say the PA's leadership has been poor throughout this lockout? The proposals from the NHL have been consistently better the longer the lockout has go on. .

Those miniscule changes will never come close to making up the already lost salary from playing an 82 game season.

Any idiot can just say no and no over again, thats not negotiating.

Marvie_3

Banned
How can we say the PA's leadership has been poor throughout this lockout? The proposals from the NHL have been consistently better the longer the lockout has go on.
Yet none of them will allow the PA to recoup what they've already lost so far. The small gives the NHL has made don't come close to making up for the salary the players have lost. The longer this goes on, the worse it is for them.

Fehr's managed to keep a heretofore dysfunctional union in line while making the bargaining process as embarrassing and unpleasant to the owners as possible.
You call that circus "in line"? The players have constantly made asses of themselves and most of them don't even know what the fuck is going on or what the circumstances of Fehr's moves are.

Chances are, whenever the next CBA expires, the owners don't even think about letting it get to a lockout situation.
:lol :lol

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Edit: beaten. damn multitab browsing

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Those miniscule changes will never come close to making up the already lost salary from playing an 82 game season.

Any idiot can just say no and no over again, thats not negotiating.
Yup.

A better leader would've (1) got the better offers sooner AND (2) wrapped up a new CBA to salvage the entire season (and the big monies that come with the season). Fehr has failed. Remember that HE was the one who put off the start of negotiations until this summer and HE is the one who keeps pussyfooting around issues. The NHL's emo negotiating tactics ("THIS IS OUR BEST OFFER TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT GUYZ") aren't helping either, but Fehr hasn't handled it very well; you could even argue that he's the one who's provoking the league to act so impatiently.

The only thing Fehr has done a good job with is keeping solidarity. But what good is a solid union if they aren't making any money?

I hope they will come to their senses and get something done. If not, I hope the league truly takes the 50-50 offer off that table.

Cake Boss

Banned
The changes between the NHL's current offer and the joke offer they started with in July don't seem miniscule to me.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...11-revenue-cut-5-contract-030641230--nhl.html

I was talking about the one in November, (82 game schedule one). And yeah I don't think the league expected you take the 1st offer, thats why its called negotiating, what they didnt expect was the players acting like little whiny bitches and getting all emotional in a business deal.

And that low balled first offer would have been presented in January if the PA agreed to start negotiating back then, and we would have wasted all those months on stupid offers while playing hockey instead of wasting them now on the new season with no hockey.

Top Bottom