• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

If the players took a lot less money, the Coyotes wouldn't lose money the way they do in Glendale.

ibu6MWAeriW2U5.gif

They'd have to take quite a bit less money... and then we'd just be basically giving a money tree to Snider, Leonsis, MLSE, etc. But hey they're OWNERS they're not making money playing a game. Who cares if THEY make more?

Socreges

Banned
How many times have we discussed how freaking easily that could be avoided? The two sides could easily enter a side agreement preventing that outcome. Every team in the league planned their cap around functioning under the old deal for this year. They would be just fine.

This is just a justification the league wants to give for being unreasonably obstinate.
Oh I don't know. Your posts bore me. Tell me how this side agreement would "easily" work.

Oh I don't know. Your posts bore me. Tell me how this side agreement would "easily" work.

Any number. The union could agree to payments, specific performance (aka injunctions), etc. in order to keep talks ongoing. Unions can bargain away their right to strike in certain instances. This is an EXCELLENT place for that.

Instead we have to here about the threat of strikes that haven't even been mentioned by the union.

And they only bore you because you can't appreciate the fun in labor law! (Ok... I'm a loser in that regard...)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Any number. The union could agree to payments, specific performance (aka injunctions), etc. in order to keep talks ongoing. Unions can bargain away their right to strike in certain instances. This is an EXCELLENT place for that.

Instead we have to here about the threat of strikes that haven't even been mentioned by the union.

And they only bore you because you can't appreciate the fun in labor law! (Ok... I'm a loser in that regard...)

LOL at the idea the PA would EVER do that.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It was still a cut from 57% Pretty big cut, fyi. They still OFFERED a concession. What has the league moved from? Have they moved on revenue sharing? No. They consistently ignore the elephant in the room and keep on pointing at player salaries and say "LOOK OVER THERE." No other league has the same disparity in revenue that the NHL has and they REFUSE to even talk about it.

It wasn't a cut if they're going back up to 57% FYI

League wants a permanent solution, not a temporary reduction of the pool which goes back up (NHL isn't even currently spending the amount that nhlpa requested, another FYI)

And the NHLPA would actually do that?

For a limited time so that their players can get paid for the season while they negotiate the next CBA? Sure. There's no downside. They can strike next season if the negotiations are THAT bad, which isn't likely considering how close the sides realistically should be in comparison to other recent sports labor disputes.

I'm not talking about doing it forever. I'm talking about doing it to prevent the "strike at the playoffs" tactic.

And unions bargain away the right to strike all the time in certain instances. They ALWAYS have the right to strike for things like OSHA violations, but that's not an issue at all here. Bargaining away the right to strike for economic reasons is commonplace.

Revenant

now you guys are starting to sound like an old married couple, maybe its time to break up?

Socreges

Banned
now you guys are starting to sound like an old married couple, maybe its time to break up?
We sounded like an old married couple months ago. Now we're separated, but have to make nice when he gives me Cake Boss on the weekends. I tried telling him I never wanted shared custody, but he insisted.

Cake Boss

Banned
"@LouisJean_TVA: Asked #NHLPA source if union was working on a new proposal or if one was forthecoming. Answer: NO. #CBA"

Lol time to start getting into the NFL since its the only league other than the NHL that seems to have any type of parity.

I saw we cut loose anyone who's over 25 and start a new league with the kids left over. They've gotten too spoiled with their money and easy living.

Jensen is AIK's leading scorer in 7 games, and he's only on their third line right now.

5226b2a1e294774d26a1f3eba31aafce.gif

Also, Corrado is apparently the only prospect on Vancouver's recall list from the CHL in the even the lockout ends.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lol time to start getting into the NFL since its the only league other than the NHL that seems to have any type of parity.

You'd think that a bunch of destitute players living in shelters with their families would be desperate to return to the game and make money.

ATF487

Is anyone else going to go to AHL games? I want to watch some hockey so I'm going to go to the Admirals home opener.

Waiting to hear whether or not I get this job so I can buy Providence Bruins tickets.

Spoiled for choice when it comes to AHL teams here, there are 6 within two hours

Heretic

Is anyone else going to go to AHL games? I want to watch some hockey so I'm going to go to the Admirals home opener.
Totally jealous you're going to see the Admirals. The Ducks' future is in that team. I'm hoping they tear shit up. Gonna get AHL Live to watch their games.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Totally jealous you're going to see the Admirals. The Ducks' future is in that team. I'm hoping they tear shit up. Gonna get AHL Live to watch their games.

Someone on Hfboards said the quality of AHL Live was kind of iffy. Hopefully it works well for you.

Quick

Banned
Saw a Marlies game once vs. the Bulldogs. It was actually pretty fun. Bit chippy. Those guys are battling for spots with their NHL teams, so I feel like there's more intensity to it to really make an impact.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The Bulldogs are about an hour away from me, I'd like to see a game or two depending on how long the lockout last.

Cake Boss

Banned
Saw a Marlies game once vs. the Bulldogs. It was actually pretty fun. Bit chippy. Those guys are battling for spots with their NHL teams, so I feel like there's more intensity to it to really make an impact.

Yeah also found there was very little to no structure compared to the big leagues, but still good hockey.

FOOTE

Man for 350 bucks it should be better than iffy
Yeah. I saw the option for just your team. Then I saw the price. :lol and that's the early bird special (or whatever the hell its called). That's okay AHL. I'll just watch some NCAA games and whatever they show on NHL Network this winter, and wait until next year for the NHL to come back.

I'll def be going up to Albany to see the Whale when they are in town. Always a shit show up there, cheap tickets, cheap booze and sit wherever you want.

Also working on planning a trip to CT to see the Whale live depending on how long the lockout lasts.

Yeah also found there was very little to no structure compared to the big leagues, but still good hockey.

I'm tempted to get AHL Live to watch Binghamton(Bingo). So many guys like Lehner, Silfverberg, Stone and Zibanejad I was looking forward to seeing in the NHL (at some point this year).

But since the dipshits on both sides don't see a problem with losing a season I might as well.

Top Bottom