• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
kayla-price.jpg

Without a doubt the best part of that:

Then, the focus group watched a series of televised speeches from players, owners, executives, and the commissioner himself. From the room's reaction, and Luntz's follow-up questions, it was clear that the group did not have a favorable impression of Gary Bettman. "A New York lawyer," one participant called him. Jonathon Gatehouse's Bettman bio points out how many times this specific phrase has been leveled at the commissioner, usually with the unspoken descriptor "Jewish." As if to hammer this point home, one focus group participant said: "I don't like him. He reminds me of Woody Allen."

Sabres prospect Corey Tropp will miss the rest of the 2012-13 season, according to multiple media reports, after sustaining ligament damage to his right knee in the season opener for Buffalo's AHL affiliate in Rochester on Friday.

"Tough break but that's life," he said Monday via his Twitter account.

Tropp scored Rochester's first two goals in the Americans' 6-5 shootout win against the Syracuse Crunch, but left the game with about seven minutes to play in the third period after being checked along the boards by Crunch defenseman Radko Gudas.

Guess if you're gonna get a season ending injury, this is the season to do it.

Marvie_3

Banned
The players can go fuck themselves. Stop the bullshit with this and get a fucking deal done. Spend your time elsewhere like maybe actually getting a deal done. No one goes to games to watch you guys. Stop acting so fucking entitled.
Maybe the players should knock off the phony sympathy campaign and finally bring another proposal to the table.

Maybe the players should knock off the phony sympathy campaign and finally bring another proposal to the table.

For what? So the owners can bitch about how it's not good enough because it's too similar to the proposal they threw a season away for that would "fix" the NHL while they construct their own pity campaign?

The more I think on this, the harder I find it to feel bad for the owners. They nuked a season to get the last CBA. They trumpeted it like it "fixed" everything, and profits grew to a record 3.3 billion. Now it's not good enough? Not only that, but they rush to sign the free agents before it expires, then try to roll salaries back?

They aren't on the ice putting their bodies out there. They should not have an even take-away. 50/50 is not right given what the players do compared to the owners.

Marvie_3

Banned
For what? So the owners can bitch about how it's not good enough because it's too similar to the proposal they threw a season away for that would "fix" the NHL while they construct their own pity campaign?
I don't see the owners making a bunch of schmaltzy videos and complaining about their grocery bills.

The more I think on this, the harder I find it to feel bad for the owners. They nuked a season to get the last CBA. They trumpeted it like it "fixed" everything, and profits grew to a record 3.3 billion. Now it's not good enough? Not only that, but they rush to sign the free agents before it expires, then try to roll salaries back?
profits =/= revenue

Players also make millions of dollars to play a game, get a lot of other things handed to them, and still bitch about how it's not enough. Works both ways.

They aren't on the ice putting their bodies out there. They should not have an even take-away. 50/50 is not right given what the players do compared to the owners.
Nobody forces the players to play hockey. They can go be wal-mart greeters if they don't want to get hurt.

50/50 is the right number.

I don't see the owners making a bunch of schmaltzy videos and complaining about their grocery bills.

profits =/= revenue

Players also make millions of dollars to play a game, get a lot of other things handed to them, and still bitch about how it's not enough. Works both ways.

Nobody forces the players to play hockey. They can go be wal-mart greeters if they don't want to get hurt.

This is stupid. Under your theory CPA's shouldn't get more than 50% of a firm's revenue. Some industries are people driven. Your argument isn't based even somewhat in economics. It's all moral bullshit.

A few players =/= all players. This is fucking stupid, but not even a majority of them are.

profits =/= revenue

Meanwhile, the owners sit in an airconditioned box and do the same (assuming a profitable team, which really, you don't buy a hockey team to turn a profit.)

I'm thinking more about 52-48 just because of the difference. I don't think that's too ridiculous. The players contribute more to why the league is so popular. As such, they should get a slightly higher cut.

Can't decipher what bruce is arguing.

For the love of god please give me back hockey, the other day I tried to watch some TV and every single show was reality show of some kind, it seems every little turd has a show about their profession or their lifes, so I just stayed in the Food channel and never left.

CREME FRAIIIICHE CAFETERIA FRAICHE

tumblr_m19s3o5MGN1qekqggo1_500.jpg

Revenant

NHL, if you don't sort this out within the next two weeks I'll......I'LL start watching the NBA and the Bulls! I don't even know the rules, what the fuck is a field goal? where's michael jordan? WHY IS NOONE SAYING BOOMSHAKALAKA OR ANYONE CATCHING FIRE.

this'll be on your hands bettman/fehr....your move.

Upcoming page from my script of "Bettman - The Dork Knight Rises"

FehrBane: Theatricality and deception are powerful agentsh to the uninitiated... but we are initiated, arennn't we Gary? Membersh of the Nash-unal Hockey League!
[Lifts Bettman by the neck]
FehrBane: And you betrayed us!
Gary Bettman: You were excommunicated from the MLBPA... by a gang of millionaire crybabies!
[FehrBane viciously crosschecks Bettman, elbows to the head and then boards him]
FehrBane: I AM the NHLPA, and I'm here to fill the players pockets!
FehrBane: You fight like a younger Derek Boogaard, with nothing held back. Admirable but mistaken.
[Bettman uses a hand signal at the Arena DJ who dims the lights and puts on 'Pantera - Walk']
FehrBane: Oh, you think mushic from NHL 12 is your ally. But you merely adopted the playlist; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I discovered the Custom Soundtrack settings, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!
[grabs Bettman from the shadows and continues to beat him]
FehrBane: The schadows betray you, because they belong to me!
[repeatedly punches Bettman in the face, breaking his stupid smug smirk]
FehrBane: I will schow you the mansion where I have made my home while preparing to bring jushtice for the players. Then I will break you.
[Hits detonator, blowing a hole into the bottom of Jobing.com arena]
FehrBane: Your preshous southern expahnsion arena, gratefully accepted! We will need it.
[Bettman desperately stands and swings at FehrBane]
FehrBane: Ah, yes... I was wondering what would break first...
[lifts Bettman high]
FehrBane: Your new CBA proposal, or your body?
[throws him at Raffi Torres' elbow]

Top Bottom