• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
*stares closely at pic #3*
wyQMc.jpg

"Why, that's...that's Derek Boogaard's music! Dug up from the grave to save the NHL!"
oh-no-jim-ross-o.gif

Montresor

Upcoming page from my script of "Bettman - The Dork Knight Rises"

FehrBane: Theatricality and deception are powerful agentsh to the uninitiated... but we are initiated, arennn't we Gary? Membersh of the Nash-unal Hockey League!
[Lifts Bettman by the neck]
FehrBane: And you betrayed us!
Gary Bettman: You were excommunicated from the MLBPA... by a gang of millionaire crybabies!
[FehrBane viciously crosschecks Bettman, elbows to the head and then boards him]
FehrBane: I AM the NHLPA, and I'm here to fill the players pockets!
FehrBane: You fight like a younger Derek Boogaard, with nothing held back. Admirable but mistaken.
[Bettman uses a hand signal at the Arena DJ who dims the lights and puts on 'Pantera - Walk']
FehrBane: Oh, you think mushic from NHL 12 is your ally. But you merely adopted the playlist; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I discovered the Custom Soundtrack settings, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!
[grabs Bettman from the shadows and continues to beat him]
FehrBane: The schadows betray you, because they belong to me!
[repeatedly punches Bettman in the face, breaking his stupid smug smirk]
FehrBane: I will schow you the mansion where I have made my home while preparing to bring jushtice for the players. Then I will break you.
[Hits detonator, blowing a hole into the bottom of Jobing.com arena]
FehrBane: Your preshous southern expahnsion arena, gratefully accepted! We will need it.
[Bettman desperately stands and swings at FehrBane]
FehrBane: Ah, yes... I was wondering what would break first...
[lifts Bettman high]
FehrBane: Your new CBA proposal, or your body?
[throws him at Raffi Torres' elbow]

LOL

Love the capitalization of "am" in "I AM the NHLPA." Man that's my favourite line from the entire movie. I love the way Bane emphasized "am."

Seriously this post is just amazing.

Who here thinks 50/50 would be fair and healthy for the league? Who doesn't?
I'm a 90/10 support. 90% for owners, 10% for players, because I want Scott Hartnell to take a massive paycut for being a whining cunt.

How do you like supporting your family on a salary that's still only more than 10 times the national average?

Canuck76

Banned
Do have to say this lockout screws over new NHL fans like me who have just recently got into it and it's just a dumb as hell

Whoever wins, loses out on a much smaller fanbase who don't give a crap

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So, uh... I heard there was a pretty good football game tonight, eh. I only know this because the Game Thread was on the front page of reddit, couldn't give a flying shit about it. But 24-0 at halftime turned into 24-35 sounds like fun.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
YOU CAN'T HIDE YOUR SECRETS FROM ME SMLY

... Dude, in all honesty, I WISH I had time to watch football. And I NEVER watch football, I haven't even seen a Super Bowl in my entire life. Or any full football game, for that matter. But right now, I wish I could, because that would mean I didn't have to study and memorize the functions of the 10 different subunits of the polIII holoenzyme. And like 400 other pages. fml. I kinda wanna see a replay of that trip everyone keeps talking about though.

Revenant

... Dude, in all honesty, I WISH I had time to watch football. And I NEVER watch football, I haven't even seen a Super Bowl in my entire life. Or any full football game, for that matter. But right now, I wish I could, because that would mean I didn't have to study and memorize the functions of the 10 different subunits of the polIII holoenzyme. And like 400 other pages. fml. I kinda wanna see a replay of that trip everyone keeps talking about though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Anyone else get some MS points from that gaming side thread? I managed to snatch up 800 before they took it down. Dunno what to do with them, I never buy shit on XBL. Maybe i'll save them for the inevitable Halo 4 map packs.

Quick

Banned
Where's Quick when you need him

That's past my creep tolerance. Haha.

Speaking of buying stuff, I'm tempted to drop $119.99 on the PlayStation Store for the Assassin's Creed III + Season Pass and Assassin's Creed III: Liberation double pack.

Revenant

Anyone else get some MS points from that gaming side thread? I managed to snatch up 800 before they took it down. Dunno what to do with them, I never buy shit on XBL. Maybe i'll save them for the inevitable Halo 4 map packs.

you should have given them to good ol rev so he could put it toward Resident Evil 4 HD,

For just 400 MSP you can help Rev never have to play RE6 again, and if you donate the full 1600 msp you'll recieve a picture of Rev enjoying RE4 and a handwritten letter in which Rev talks about his favorite parts of RE4.

You can make a difference in a man-childs life

ShaneB

I've got like 9800 ms points collecting dust on my 360 that I wonder if I'll ever spend since I havent turned on my 360 in so long either. In hindsight I should've just not redeemed the codes until I needed them, but that would've made too much sense.

Wish you could just gift people games or map packs or whatever on Live. Blah. =/

That's past my creep tolerance. Haha.

Speaking of buying stuff, I'm tempted to drop $119.99 on the PlayStation Store for the Assassin's Creed III + Season Pass and Assassin's Creed III: Liberation double pack.

You get $20 off for spending $100 so you would only be paying $100.

big day, new proposal, some slight optimism from some of the media.

so should we assume they meet for an hour and then spend 3 hours working on their pr release about how the other side are big meanies?
Fehr will come out wearing a Baseball jersey proclaiming how baseball is the most stable sport in the universe. He'll then show a glass bottle labeled "salary cap" and toss it in the air swinging as bat and shattering the glass.

Montresor

Any Leaf fans still don't know what to do with their Schenn jersey?

I want to change mine to JVR or Phaneuf. Hell Rielly might be a good one but I wouldn't know what number to put for him. I probably won't bother until Oct 2014 anyhow (when hockey comes back).

Acid08

Banned
big day, new proposal, some slight optimism from some of the media.

so should we assume they meet for an hour and then spend 3 hours working on their pr release about how the other side are big meanies?
Even just a little forward moment would be nice.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I know some asshole who got a Versteeg Leafs jersey about 2 months before he was traded. That made me feel pretty good inside.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Bettman says offer contingent on having 82-game season which would begin Nov 2. Says league offered 50/50 share of HRR

3m Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Meeting over. Bettman says NHL made new offer to NHLPA.

gcubed

82 game season starting Nov 2nd? Good lord, the season already freaking runs into June

No rollback.

i thought that was already off the table, but they were changing what constituted HRR.

I'd like to see some details on this deal. The one sentence job sounds like it should be signed.

Cake Boss

Banned
The owners are still the ones that are acting like grown men in this negotiation, making new offers and not making stupid statements in the media.

Cake Boss

Banned
82 game season starting Nov 2nd? Good lord, the season already freaking runs into June

i thought that was already off the table, but they were changing what constituted HRR.

I'd like to see some details on this deal. The one sentence job sounds like it should be signed.

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
Bettman will not go into how escrow would work. HRR drop from 57 to 50 would mean this issue must be addressed.

Yeah it probably part of the HRR package.

Top Bottom