• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Solo

I'm still kind burnt out on the NHL even if they do accept this offer. Greed has tainted my view of the league.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I will stay calm and not expect anything from this. I'll be less disappointed that way.

Also fuck peanut butter. Yes I said it; shit is disgusting in all forms!

Revenant

I will stay calm and not expect anything from this. I'll be less disappointed that way.

Also fuck peanut butter. Yes I said it; shit is disgusting in all forms!

SZW42.gif

I'm still kind burnt out on the NHL even if they do accept this offer. Greed has tainted my view of the league.

c'mon now solo, the thought of lars eller taking the ice, his swedish hair glistening in the lights of the bell centre, doesn't make the lips quiver and the pants tighten?

Cake Boss

Banned
Just spoke to an NHL Player who is ecstatic about the new NHL Proposal! Told me it's a great day for hockey and a great day for the NHL.

Hopefully this player is on the negotiation committee or something.

Kifimbo

I expect the NHLPA to ask for a declining split, something like 54/46 this year, 52/48 next year and 50/50 after that. The NHL will probably say no, but might say yes to a one year transition like 53/47 this year and 50/50 next year and beyond.

Cake Boss

Banned
An easy way to fix that if both parties agree to a 1 additional year of the current CBA while they work on the new one while the season is played out.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I expect the NHLPA to ask for a declining split, something like 54/46 this year, 52/48 next year and 50/50 after that. The NHL will probably say no, but might say yes to a one year transition like 53/47 this year and 50/50 next year and beyond.

NHL has it incorporated technically

Any money lost in one year is guaranteed

So it's technically higher than 50% across all 6 years, but only to players already signed

Cake Boss

Banned
New info about the proposal.

Free Agency would be at 28 and 8 years of service.

Entry Level Contracts would be 4 years in Length

Revenue sharing would be at or near 200 million dollars

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
Contract Lengths would be 5 years.

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
Arbitration would still exist

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Contract lengths at 5 years? So I'm assuming they want to cap them at that going forward?

Players may see a big problem there if that's the case. Especially if you are a 28 year old ready to get a gigantic payday and be comfortable in one location. Contract finishes at age 33 and you have already fallen out of your prime...

Hari Seldon

Yeah even if this isn't taken verbatim, this at least gets the ball rolling. Hopefully a tweak here and there and this will get done very soon.

Acid08

Banned
Contract lengths at 5 years? So I'm assuming they want to cap them at that going forward?

Players may see a big problem there if that's the case. Especially if you are a 28 year old ready to get a gigantic payday and be comfortable in one location. Contract finishes at age 33 and you have already fallen out of your prime...
28 is already past prime in a lot of cases.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

I don't see a problem with that. Then teams aren't forced into paying a guy like Gomez 7 million to be buried in the minors or on the 4th line. If you're still lighting the NHL up at age 33, then sure sign another deal with your team, if not, then take a pay cut or sign somewhere else.

Make exceptions for players who are re-signing with a team and have played there for X amount of years.
That or just make it 7 and change how cap is calculated. Done.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I don't see a problem with that. Then teams aren't forced into paying a guy like Gomez 7 million to be buried in the minors or on the 4th line. If you're still lighting the NHL up at age 33, then sure sign another deal with your team, if not, then take a pay cut or sign somewhere else.

I'm not talking from our perspective though I'm talking from the players.

But again I'm just basing this from what we're seeing right now. Out of everything that's the only thing I could see the players having a slight problem with.

ShaneB

Good riddance to those horrible contracts if this is legit. That's exactly what I wanted gone if a lockout was needed.

Also, you Crunchy Peanut Better fans are blasphemers. It's crazy!

New info about the proposal.
Sounds good, hard to imagine how much the revenue sharing is and how much is needed though, but hopefully that is a lot better than the current levels.

4 Year entry level seems to long. But otherwise seems really good.

PA to redo the offer to 2 year entry level, NHL to accept and me to orgasm.

Top Bottom