• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Kifimbo

John Shannon‏@JSportsnet

Another interesting tidbit from NHL offer... Players' Salaries for those NHLers playing in the AHL would be part of the cap.

No Gomez in the AHL, Habs fans !

Unless there is an amnesty clause.

that is...a lot more promising than i expected. i had already resigned myself to the fact that we'd have no hockey this season.

don't fuck this up, PA.

Solo

Shut up Solo, you'll be right back with the rest of us.

SZW42.gif

c'mon now solo, the thought of lars eller taking the ice, his swedish hair glistening in the lights of the bell centre, doesn't make the lips quiver and the pants tighten?

GO FUCK YOURSELVES

6293813294_8942266c37_z.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
c'mon now solo, the thought of lars eller taking the ice, his swedish hair glistening in the lights of the bell centre, doesn't make the lips quiver and the pants tighten?
He's Danish, like those things you buy in a coffee shop.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
No Gomez in the AHL, Habs fans !

Unless there is an amnesty clause.

Thats a huge positive for the nhlpa too (and would mean rangers will probably have to get redden to play now)

So what is the title for the season thread going to be?

Fehr said its an excellent starting point... So I'm guessing nhlpa sees this as a launch pad

Can still go either way :/

@GlobeKPD: Fehr: ''Would like to believe after we are done [with review]....that it's an excellent starting point and there's a deal to be made.''

Kifimbo

@GlobeKPD: Fehr: ''Would like to believe after we are done [with review]....that it's an excellent starting point and there's a deal to be made.''

Let's hope "excellent starting point" means only a few tweaks here and there.

Thats a huge positive for the nhlpa too (and would mean rangers will probably have to get redden to play now)

On the other hand, with Redden salary counting, they can't sign Richards to a huge contract, which means less money for the PA.

Merguson

Banned
Apparently the 4-year ELCs might have been a mistake and it's actually the same in the NHL proposal... 3 years ELCs

Which is good for the NHLPA obviously.. spectors raised a point that teams would have a harder time getting players to come over from Europe with the 4-year ELCs..

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I fully expect the players to find something wrong with this and make a ridiculous counter-proposal.

I LOVE the fact they'd still play 82.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hypothetically, if they signed the deal by Friday, how fast could they get a season underway? Or more generally, how many days after signing until everyone's back and we get regular season games going?

DopeyFish

Hypothetically, if they signed the deal by Friday, how fast could they get a season underway? Or more generally, how many days after signing until everyone's back and we get regular season games going?

November 2nd is what the NHL is offering (maximum 9 days finalizing and 1 week training camp)

cmon cmon cmon TAKE IT

They will. I wasnt confident about this at all before but now I am 100% confident that there will be a season. It sounds like the owners made real concessions and made a more reasonable offer. The players will counter and hopefully we will have a deal by next week and hockey by Halloween.

NHL November Thread of No More Bettman and Fehr until 2020*.

*assuming a 8 years deal.
The Yotes situation isnt even fixed. We will have a lot more Bettman this year sadly.

Smash88

Banned
If they don't take this proposal, the NHLPA can suck my balls.

They will be worse than Bettman in my eyes.

Fucking end this already. I need my hockey.

So am I allowed to claim being right on this one? In the end it was the players that were willing to deal once the owners stopped being fucks? And we're gonna have a full season?

I want to see what the revenue sharing looks like.

DopeyFish

So am I allowed to claim being right on this one? In the end it was the players that were willing to deal once the owners stopped being fucks? And we're gonna have a full season?

You're an idiot

Once again

Only NHL is negotiating. They have been the only one actually making proposals. This is what? The 4th different proposal they have made in a row?

You're an idiot

Once again

Only NHL is negotiating. They have been the only one actually making proposals

Do you really think PROPOSALS are what matters in these things? They've been in contact for weeks about various provisions. Being the side that hands over one document is completely irrelevant. Aside from initial proposals these things are much more informal.

The PA knew what was going in this thing long before it was "proposed."

Solo

Bruce, you are wrong as donkey fucking kong.

gcubed

You're an idiot

Once again

Only NHL is negotiating. They have been the only one actually making proposals. This is what? The 4th different proposal they have made in a row?

if you say 50 and i say 10, and you say 40 and i say 10 again, thats still negotiating.

Bruce, you are wrong as donkey fucking kong.

Pretty sure I've been the only one consistently saying we were gonna get most of the season. I was saying all right up until they claimed to "cancel" games and just last week I said I was optimistic we'd see over 60 games.

PS Couts vs. Eller photo competition is still on I'm assuming?

Solo

Pretty sure I've been the only one consistently saying we were gonna get most of the season. I was saying all right up until they claimed to "cancel" games and just last week I said I was optimistic we'd see over 60 games.

PS Couts vs. Eller photo competition is still on I'm assuming?

This is where you're as wrong as Manics' sexual deviancy.

DopeyFish

Do you really think PROPOSALS are what matters in these things? They've been in contact for weeks about various provisions. Being the side that hands over one document is completely irrelevant. Aside from initial proposals these things are much more informal.

The PA knew what was going in this thing long before it was "proposed."

You mean the NHL is like "let's negotiate!"

Then the nhlpa completely avoids all economic issues? WHICH IS WHAT THIS ENTIRE CBA IS ABOUT

Or like a year ago... NHL was like "let's negotiate!" Then fehr sends out a memorandum to internal nhlpa members that they will not be talking to the NHL for the next year

Yes. I can sense the movement coming from nhlpa. A large bowel movement. Needs an enema.

The 3 year contract length limit seems like it might be a big issue.

Also, the NHL wants all NHL-contracts in the AHL to count against the cap, so you can't just do a straight dump of bad contracts.

Players just gave up 7% of HRR they had in the last contract... yeah man... real obstinate.

That split was unreasonable and they knew it.

Smiley90

The 3 year contract length limit seems like it might be a big issue.

Also, the NHL wants all NHL-contracts in the AHL to count against the cap, so you can't just do a straight dump of bad contracts.

5 year you mean? I think 5 years will be too low for the players, probably more like 8.

5 year you mean? I think 5 years will be too low for the players, probably more like 8.

These things will be worked out by next Monday. I expect the PA to ask for slightly more than 200m in rev sharing, a few more years on contracts, and shaving a year off each RFA limit to 27/7. Maybe they get one of three.

Smiley90

Apparently it was corrected and it's 3 years.

So, later free agency and shorter contracts? No way the players are gonna agree to both of that... I stand by what I said, I'd be happy with an 8 year contract limit. 3 years... uh... that would either a) make for some MASSIVE cap hits or b) massive pay cuts.

EDIT:

Edit: NVM, the correction was for ELC, that stays at 3 years.

yeah that's what I thought, thanks. :D -phuh- ELC for 3 years, contracts for 5. Eh, contracts for 8 and I'm happy. (of course 5 would be better, but 8 is still good)

Top Bottom