• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I believe nhlpa will push for 6 year contract length max

And try to get year 27 back

And move for more than $200 million rev share

As long as they agree to 50-50, we are good. But I have my doubts they will. None of their proposals has ever graced lower than 54 when normalized.

DopeyFish

Question is: what would nov 2nd mean for the coyotes? They don't have a lease

Suspended franchise? Dispersal?

Socreges

Banned
Major cognitive dissonance going on right now. I'm excited, as if everything's going to be fine, but am still telling myself that Fehr is going to fuck this up.

There's probably no chance that they'll accept it outright, but will counter with something a bit more favorable. Fuck this world if that leads to Bettman digging in again.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
But the bankruptcy assigned lease has expired. Either the NHL makes a new lease with Glendale, a mystery owner shows up, or the team either becomes suspended, folded or relocated

I feel like 2 weeks isn't enough time to relocate... and A dispersal draft only to make a new team in Quebec next season is also hardly an option. I feel like we're stuck with Phoenix this season, for better or worse.

DopeyFish

I've been trying to find the figures, but nhlpa proposed $250 mil rev sharing and NHL came with $200 mil

I don't know how much they paid out but the max could have been $150 million (bottom 15 teams, $10 mil each)

But the sharing was so fucked where teams needed to

A) be in a market with less than 2.5 million people [mandatory]
B) sell 80% of their tickets
C) have a higher revenue growth than rest of league

Which was basically fucking impossible

They should do NFL style

80% tv, merchandise revenue (NHL is 100% merchandise and national tv, no regional sharing)
60% for home, 40% for visiting gate revenue ( most important part)

Sanjuro

But the bankruptcy assigned lease has expired. Either the NHL makes a new lease with Glendale, a mystery owner shows up, or the team either becomes suspended, folded or relocated

Dwzgo.gif

You sure this time?

My position has pretty much always (prior to the cancellations) that we were gonna get a full season. After the cancellations I said we'd get hockey before December and most of the games. At this point the issues can likely be resolved through pure brute force of sitting people down for a few days.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
My position has pretty much always (prior to the cancellations) that we were gonna get a full season. After the cancellations I said we'd get hockey before December and most of the games. At this point the issues can likely be resolved through pure brute force of sitting people down for a few days.

As long as they agree on 50/50 (big if), everything else falls into place easily.

The NHL is saying that they have 10 days, yeah? I'm hopeful they come to an agreement. It's within sight now.

As long as they agree on 50/50 (big if), everything else falls into place easily.

The NHL is saying that they have 10 days, yeah? I'm hopeful they come to an agreement. It's within sight now.

It's 50/50 with protections against rollbacks so slightly higher than that. PA initial was 52%. This version of 50/50 will work.

Fei

I've unplugged from this because it's so depressing, but at least there's a glimmer of hope now.

Didn't you also say that the players will not give up any of the revenue split (because"why would they")? And that there wouldn't be a lockout at all?

Friggin East Coasters. ;)

VALIS

Will be interesting to see if the NHL's offer was really a fair one or a well-orchestrated ploy to put all the public heat on the PA. Framing their offer as "a proposal to start the season by Nov. 2" is a bullshit tactic. That's like a mugger pulling a gun on you and saying, "just give me your money now so you can get home in time to watch 30 Rock."

Hey fans, look at this super-fair proposal by us!
50/50! How can you get more fair than that?
Start the season by Nov. 2! You like hockey, don't you?
(but never mind all this nasty stuff on pages 2-504 totally in our favor)

Of course I'm still deeply cynical of the NHL at this point. Why shouldn't I be?

Socreges

Banned
Will be interesting to see if the NHL's offer was really a fair one or a well-orchestrated ploy to put all the public heat on the PA. Framing their offer as "a proposal to start the season by Nov. 2" is a bullshit tactic. That's like a mugger pulling a gun on you and saying, "just give me your money now so you can get home in time to watch 30 Rock."

Hey fans, look at this super-fair proposal by us!
50/50! How can you get more fair than that?
Start the season by Nov. 2! You like hockey, don't you?
(but never mind all this nasty stuff on pages 2-504 totally in our favor)

Of course I'm still deeply cynical of the NHL at this point. Why shouldn't I be?
More like:

'Give me your money now and I won't shoot your children. You do love your children, don't you?'

But that's not to say it isn't fair. Unless I've missed some details?

Also lol bruce

Honestly both sides care fuck all about the fans. If they actually cared what we think negotiations would've started in January and not stopped until a deal was done.

Also the NHL is offering an 82 game season which is why the Nov 2nd deadline is needed.

Kifimbo

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Am told entry-level contracts (rookies) in new league offer is 2 years...

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Now we have a deadline. If deal is reached, training camp would open Oct. 26. New CBA needs to done by Oct. 25 to save 82-game

Interesting..

What would the implications be? I´m trying to think of scenarios for different trades.

The first thought is that I don´t like it though, getting rid of some of the ups for being a rich team has made the league a lot more interesting. And I fear that this might hurt that and make it somewhat like a soft capt?

Top Bottom