• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

http://www.sendtonews.com/?id=211&SK=KNIkaWINWS

Goalie fight lol

Came wait to see him drop Scrivens in the future.
1310473355.jpg

I disagree. Watch games to learn, don't expect to be able to watch any NHL games this season though.

+1

If you want to learn about the game hockey, you should watch games. Especially go to them live, minor leagues or anything, but tv is also a good substitute. Fantasy can be great for getting interest up though. I got alot of my friends watching more NHL with me after we got our fantasy leagues going.

And also lol about fantasy during off season

:,(

My son plays travel hockey. He is an absolute hockey nut. Watches hockey, plays hockey, plays floor hockey, video game hockey.

Hockey hockey hockey.

We have an air hockey table.

So my Christmas question. I was thinking that a DVD of Gretzky would be a good gift for him. Watch how the Great One plays, maybe pick up some tricks, etc. I see Amazon has an Ultimate Gretzky 4-disc Special Edition. However, quite a few of the comments indicate there's not a ton of footage, that a lot of it is interview style.

Anyone see this? Can they recommend for a 15 yo who wants to get some pointers? Anything better out there?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pierre LeBrun said:
Spoke with a team exec who says there's either a labor deal this week or there's no season. Not sure it's that clear-cut but who knows...

It's too bad that Fehr doesn't make appearances at games or events. I'd like to see the fans reaction to him after this debacle. Would probably put Bettman's boos to shame.

ShaneB

Obviously I don't want to see a season lost, but I'd rather they get it over with quick instead of constantly dragging it out, I'm sick of lockout talk. Just end it and let me move on :(

Obviously I don't want to see a season lost, but I'd rather they get it over with quick instead of constantly dragging it out, I'm sick of lockout talk. Just end it and let me move on :(

In a couple of months maybe Fehr will start writing his proposals on napkins.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

That's been the rumor for awhile now, but it's still a bit surprising. Didn't they say they'd cancel regular-season games twice and then cancel the entire season?

Montresor

Well time to follow the Marlies.

While walking from work to my parking garage yesterday, I passed Victoria+Dundas and saw a giant screen playing the Marlies game. 5-0 Marlies over Bulldogs. Woot.

I think that statement means if they don't strikes a deal next week, they won't make one to save the season either. Now or never, they're not that far apart they just need to put egos aside.

It might be just scare tactics though.

@tpanotchCSN: #NHL, #NHLPA held conf call today to get clarification on HRR and revenue sharing. No meetings sked

At least they're still talking.

I think that statement means if they don't strikes a deal next week, they won't make one to save the season either. Now or never, they're not that far apart they just need to put egos aside.

It might be just scare tactics though.

At least they're still talking.

Probably just the NHL calling and saying WTF to the third offer.

CREMSteve

BaertschiStrong-Arm.gif

Baertschi throws Kassian aside like a rag doll during last night's 4-1 Heat victory. Sven had another 1G, 1A, giving him 3G, 3A in 4 GP.

Happy to say that I'm honestly not missing the NHL one bit.

CCF23

Hey, give the Flames a break, their one prospect is pretty good.

Speaking of prospects, Nicklas Jensen is 2nd in Swedish Elite League goal scoring with 7 goals 14 games into the season. St. Louis 2004 2nd round pick Carl Söderberg is first with 11.

Pikma

Banned
Where do you guys watch your AHL games? local channels? I would love to have my hockey fix, but I'm outside the U.S. right now. :(

Socreges

Banned
^^ nice. Fake Bieksa interview would be hilarious

WOAH WOAH WOAH has been streaming all AHL games so far.
Edit your post, dude. Technically we're not allowed to talk about streams.

And I wouldn't say ALL AHL games since there's only been 1/5 Wolves games on, but it's definitely a good bet for most.

CCF23

The last Wolves game was on Sportsnet, but I went to it because they were in Abbotsford.

*sigh* it was so nice to watch live hockey again.

CREMSteve

hur hur... ;)

I'm sure no one else here aside from you and I will appreciate this, but here's a little package put together showing off some of Cervenka's play in the first few weeks of the season over in the Euros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL20pwbKI9c

That behind the net move was slick.

Also happy to report that Backlund is doing well so far over there, 3G, 4A in 4GP. Hopefully he has a big rebound year after last season's injury (and playing for Brent Sutter) severely hampered him.

Question about everyone getting mad at these Russian players: Is it really that crazy for them? A guy like OV may very well have a chance of making more in Russia if the CBA rolls back his salary a noticeable amount. The KHL has shown it is willing to pay for big name talent. Seems to make sense for some of those guys to say they want to stay there.

Top Bottom