• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

This is fucking embarrassing for everyone involved that they aren't having meetings right now. There is a chance to save the full season and they are gonna let it slip by because no one wants to be the one to pick up the phone.

Buttman:
zudMj.gif

Fuhrer:
7lnz7.gif

Surge

This is fucking embarrassing for everyone involved that they aren't having meetings right now. There is a chance to save the full season and they are gonna let it slip by because no one wants to be the one to pick up the phone.

Yep..I expected to see some sort of news today with the next deadline coming up in a few days and instead we get absolutely nothing. It's getting harder for me to stay the least bit positive about the season being saved at all.

Interesting that the NHL was allowed to discuss the proposal with the players over the weekend and the twitter verse on the player end has been quiet.

CCF23

I think people are naive to think the NHL/PA aren't meeting just because they aren't doing the media circus "HERE'S OUR PROPOSAL" thing. I'd be very surprised if they haven't been communicating by phone over the last few days, and really, this deal will probably get done when things go more radio silent. All the media bullshit the past month has been posturing. I'm not saying they're going to come out at the end of this week and say "SURPRISE! We have a deal!", but they're talking for sure.

Interesting that the NHL was allowed to discuss the proposal with the players over the weekend and the twitter verse on the player end has been quiet.

AKA: 48 hours to sell the players on why they need to kick Fehr on his ass and play ball.

There's way too much ego on both sides of this thing which is the most disappointing thing. Fehr talking about baseball just pisses me off. The NHL is definitely not MLB.

Is that even allowed ? I thought the league cannot have contact with the players directly during a lockout except through the bargaining process.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Is that even allowed ? I thought the league cannot have contact with the players directly during a lockout except through the bargaining process.

I think it means the nhl has been given clearance by the NHLPA to discuss their proposal at length for players who want to understand more about it to see how the figures line up

It isn't negotiating, though. Just informational.

CCF23

I think it means the nhl has been given clearance by the NHLPA to discuss their proposal at length for players who want to understand more about it to see how the figures line up

It isn't negotiating, though. Just informational.

This is how I understand it as well.

zedge

The other prospects are too busy wondering who they're gonna take to prom.

O ffs..

LOLOL!

I'm sure no one else here aside from you and I will appreciate this, but here's a little package put together showing off some of Cervenka's play in the first few weeks of the season over in the Euros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL20pwbKI9c

That behind the net move was slick.

Also happy to report that Backlund is doing well so far over there, 3G, 4A in 4GP. Hopefully he has a big rebound year after last season's injury (and playing for Brent Sutter) severely hampered him.

That was frigging sick. Damn. Good for Backlund, maybe he can come out know not being smothered in Sutter butter.

Cat Party

The solution that is out there is to bridge the remaining gap in a way where both sides can feel as though they got what they wanted and gave up what they didn't care about. That may sound obvious, but that is the dynamic that is at play here. Bettman's mandate is get the 50/50 split. Fehr's mandate is to avoid the roll back of contracts. Those are not mutually exclusive.

If you ask me, I'm an eternal optimist, so I think they'll pull it out at the last minute and save the season. My guess is that the NHL trades time for certainty, and agrees to a deal where they get to 50/50 gradually after 5-6 years, so that most of the contracts entered into under the old CBA are gone.

I seriously blame that Leopold cunt who owns the Minnesota Wild for ALL of this. Like we needed anymore reason for getting fuckloads of boring hockey, now he wants to take away all our hockey.

Why? Wanted a better team, didn't want to fucking pay for it. Sitting there at the negotiating table giving ol' uncle Gary and wristie under the table. The Bruins owner is just a fat fucking greedy pig but we all knew that too.

What wankstains, the both of 'em.

Marvie_3

Banned
I seriously blame that Leopold cunt who owns the Minnesota Wild for ALL of this. Like we needed anymore reason for getting fuckloads of boring hockey, now he wants to take away all our hockey.

Why? Wanted a better team, didn't want to fucking pay for it. Sitting there at the negotiating table giving ol' uncle Gary and wristie under the table. The Bruins owner is just a fat fucking greedy pig but we all knew that too.

What wankstains, the both of 'em.
dstrdl pls

I don't want to get too political and I didn't bother to watch the debate but heard about this bayonet thing. Anyways technically bayonets are still issued to soldiers in the armed forces, though most double as a bayonet and hand held knife. EX: The OKC-3S Bayonet

Anyways back to our originally no-hockey schedule.
"Fewer" is the operative word there.

Fehr and Bettman should have a horse and bayonete joust to end the lockout.

Nice, the "May Day" Buffalo/Boston '93 game is on MSG here right now.

Mogilny just scored!

Edit: New NHL commissioner Gary Bettman is in attendance. I got a good feeling about this guy!

Add Ilya Kovalchuk to the growing chorus of NHL players in the KHL who are prepared to stay in Russia if the owners reduce their salaries in a lockout settlement.
He's made noise about this before, but a recent interview with Sportbox.ru is his most emphatic declaration of independence. From Russia Today, Kovalchuk said:

"I can play in the KHL for the whole year and I'll do it with great pleasure," the Russian explained.

"I am glad that no matter where we play we get a full house and very good support from the spectators. And it's also nice to play in a good team. I'd love to compete in the playoffs for SKA. But if suddenly I'll have to leave for the NHL, I don't think it'll be a big problem for the team as we've got four equal lines."

(Don't worry Jersey: The "full house" comment is probably a reference to having visited Nassau Coliseum several times a season. Yep. That's it. Not a shot at The Rock. Nope.)

gcubed

I keep getting a Game of Thrones moment in the head where the loser would chop the head off their horse.

Fehr would probably drink the blood of his horse for virility, contract a disease and die within the hour while Bettman looked on crying in his champagne flute.

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN
Not what you want to hear: #NHLPA has no updates on future negotiations, "all quiet on labor front," union said.

Well we're not getting a full season in that's for sure.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN
Not what you want to hear: #NHLPA has no updates on future negotiations, "all quiet on labor front," union said.

Well we're not getting a full season in that's for sure.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks, Fehr.

I really don't think the players believe the NHL will cancel the entire season in November.

"Fewer" is the operative word there.

Fehr and Bettman should have a horse and bayonete joust to end the lockout.

I would pay to see this

Damn lol.

I find it funny because he mentions the fans in Russia care about them, considering people here are now starting to hate the players with some of the BS they keep on spouting on twitter and what not, so of course the fans love them in Russia more right now.

Edit: Also LOL stealth NJ attack

Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull
Deputy commish Bill Daly says the #NHL has not ruled out the use of a mediator in negotiations, but "not likely" for this week. #NHLPA

Maybe a mediator can get something going.

Top Bottom