• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

ShaneB

Fehr would probably drink the blood of his horse for virility, contract a disease and die within the hour while Bettman looked on crying in his champagne flute.

iFJMohYlQncL9.gif

From Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.... someone with skills can edit in Fehr's head...

Socreges

Banned
I don't want to get too political and I didn't bother to watch the debate but heard about this bayonet thing. Anyways technically bayonets are still issued to soldiers in the armed forces, though most double as a bayonet and hand held knife. EX: The OKC-3S Bayonet

Anyways back to our originally no-hockey schedule.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...with-horses-and-bayonets-quip/article4630429/

Watch for yourself, and don't believe everything your mom prattles at you.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I don't want to get too political and I didn't bother to watch the debate but heard about this bayonet thing. Anyways technically bayonets are still issued to soldiers in the armed forces, though most double as a bayonet and hand held knife. EX: The OKC-3S Bayonet

Anyways back to our originally no-hockey schedule.

EDIT: Soc said the exact the same thing, my statement is superfluous.

Montresor

My solution:

All current contracts get an "on-paper" rollback for cap calculations only. Not a single dollar of any of the current contracts should be given up. The owners offered those contracts and they should honor them.

CBA changes so that HRR is split "50/50" and this year's cap is reduced to $59.9 million accordingly. Current contracts fit into the cap through an artificial reduction of their cap hits but all future contracts will have to comply with the new cap. It technically won't be a real 50/50 split until today's longest contract expires (Weber?), but all new contracts will be cheaper as they'll have to fit in the new reduced cap.

-3-year ELCs
-8 years of service or 28 years old to be a free agent
-Contract length, don't care, so long as salary fluctuations are minimized from year-to-year and cap hit stays on books no matter when the player retires.
-Everything else, who cares.

My solution:

All current contracts get an "on-paper" rollback for cap calculations only. Not a single dollar of any of the current contracts should be given up. The owners offered those contracts and they should honor them.

CBA changes so that HRR is split "50/50" and this year's cap is reduced to $59.9 million accordingly. Current contracts fit into the cap through an artificial reduction of their cap hits but all future contracts will have to comply with the new cap. It technically won't be a real 50/50 split until today's longest contract expires (Weber?), but all new contracts will be cheaper as they'll have to fit in the new reduced cap.

-3-year ELCs
-8 years of service or 28 years old to be a free agent
-Contract length, don't care, so long as salary fluctuations are minimized from year-to-year and cap hit stays on books no matter when the player retires.
-Everything else, who cares.

This will likely cost the owners more... the cap hit goes down then and that means rich teams will have more to spend and drive up the market.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
David Pagnotta said:
You can kiss the 82-game schedule idea goodbye, folks. It's just not happening. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I doubt it.

That said, I'm still hearing through the grapevine we'll see NHL action this year... just more likely around the 60 game marker. We'll see.
Just cancel the season already.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...with-horses-and-bayonets-quip/article4630429/

Watch for yourself, and don't believe everything your mom prattles at you.

Actually I should have worded that better, I thought his post was off of the posts I had read in the poligaf thread of bayonets not being used anymore (I mostly browsed through the thread and saw a few of those), thus I gave an example that they are still used. So I may have not interpreted it right. Also I have my own opinions sir based off of what I believe, so sorry to disappoint you that I'm not the super far-right wing stereotypical radical that GAF seems to make most conservatives out to be.

Arab's mom is Sean Hannity?

I don't particularly care for Hannity at all or Beck.

Eh, now I have said way too much politically, I can't stand politics these days or political talk, ugh I'm done...

Just cancel the season already.

This, I think it is pretty much a forgone conclusion that we are not going to have a season, just put it out of its misery already.

Same and you know what? Both sides are not even that far apart. Bettman and the owners blinked submitted their "doable" deal. Fehr could've come back with counter near it and hammered a deal. Fehr could still do his victory cryp-walk and this shit would be over. Naw both sides must have the larger peen or no season.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I hate both sides, but I hate the players more since they tend to say stupid shit all the time. I wish we could get replacements permenantly. I don't care if there is a drop in skill level.

THEY'RE HAVING A MEETING TOMORROW

Fucking get it done you pack of losers.

I do think the proposals that came from both sides showed some willingness to give from previous proposals. I think the owners gave a little more or the players still want to retain a little more... either way, there's at least enough there that I think they should be able to pound something out.

Even if they pound it out over the next 2-3 weeks, they could shorten the season to 65 games or so.

But for God's sakes, get it done already. Losing an entire season to this bullshit, after doing so just eight years ago, is beyond reprehensible.

Bill Daly says the union has expressed a willingness to meet but isn't going to table a proposal: "What would we be meeting about?"

Link?

And since tomorrow for you is next Monday in the normal part of the world, that would mean the 82-game schedule is lost. :(

I'm from the future, and here there is nothing but barren wastelands and zero hockey.

This is also why my Mondays suck, you guys are still sundaying and there's no chance of news.

Cake Boss

Banned
"@reporterchris: Bill Daly says the union has expressed a willingness to meet but isn't going to table a proposal: "What would we be meeting about?""

Not so fast.

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
The NHLPA has informed the media they will meet the League at any time,with NO pre-conditions...and they have told the NHL the same.

Renaud P Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Bill Daly:"they suggested they were willing to meet. But they also told us they weren't interested in the proposal made last Tuesday and that they weren't prepared to make their own proposal. Not sure what we would be meeting about ?"

Doesn't look good at all

Socreges

Banned
I'm from the future, and here there is nothing but barren wastelands and zero hockey.
So... there isn't going to be a meeting tomorrow? Why would you toy with us like that?

Also, I don't get the quote from Daly. He's saying that there'd be nothing to meet about if the NHLPA isn't going to give another proposal?

[edit] just saw Kernel's post.

So neither is willing to budge. Awesome.

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
The NHLPA has informed the media they will meet the League at any time,with NO pre-conditions...and they have told the NHL the same.

Renaud P Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Bill Daly:"they suggested they were willing to meet. But they also told us they weren't interested in the proposal made last Tuesday and that they weren't prepared to make their own proposal. Not sure what we would be meeting about ?"

Doesn't look good at all

This has to be the worst run union in pro-sports, ever. How the fuck do you not have an offer of your own or want to use the most recent as a framework? How? I can't believe how incompetent they are.

So... there isn't going to be a meeting tomorrow? Why would you toy with us like that?

Also, I don't get the quote from Daly. He's saying that there'd be nothing to meet about if the NHLPA isn't going to give another proposal?

[edit] just saw Kernel's post.

So neither is willing to budge. Awesome.

If those tweets are correct, I wouldn't say either... If NHLPA keeps rejecting AND won't make counter proposals there's not much you can do besides argue with yourself.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The NHLPA probably feels that it's the owners' turn to table a proposal.

but... weren't the owners the ones that initiated the last round? You can't be like "we made up 3 counter proposals in 5minutes that we didn't run the numbers for, now it's their turn again!" wat.

but... weren't the owners the ones that initiated the last round? You can't be like "we made up 3 counter proposals in 5minutes that we didn't run the numbers for, now it's their turn again!" wat.
The PA thinks this is like a shootout.. Even if you trip over the puck in center ice, it still counts.

We want to meet but we don't want to talk about your offer and have no offer to present to you. /Players

Fehr is going for a record see how many times you can present the same offer before anyone notices.

As a bonus he will come up with a new proposal in the elevator on the way to the meeting but say he "hasn't run the numbers yet"

Tell that to Fehr.

Fehr is like Goodenow.

"They'll crack any minute now !"

A year passes.

"I can feel it ! We're so close I can feel Bettman is about to crack"

Top Bottom