• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Row

Banned
It's hilarious that Fehr has been able to convince the PA that they somehow have all the leverage. Doesn't the nhl have the lowest % of post secondary educated players among the big 4? That's really been on display during this whole thing.

Karakand

It's a goddamn meme. Nobody legitimately believes that the Earth is homosexual and deserves fucking. And even if they did, who the Earth loves is only IT'S business and nobody elses.

I just use "fuck this heteronormative earth".

Reverse discrimination ftw.

BTW smh @ you posting this junk. Ducks fly high (above ignorance).

Socreges

Banned
Acid was banned for THIS!?

4nEjE.gif

It's a goddamn meme. Nobody legitimately believes that the Earth is homosexual and deserves fucking. And even if they did, who the Earth loves is only IT'S business and nobody elses.

EARTH PRIDE 2012
... you don't get that people are trying to eliminate the idea that 'gay = bad' from pervasive, casual language?

... you don't get that people are trying to eliminate the idea that 'gay = bad' from pervasive, casual language?

Personally, I wasn't aware that anyone over the age of 20 legitimately used 'gay' as a derogatory term and that the whole point of the meme was to parody those that still do (IE: stereotypical COD players etc).

Also when my girl Hilary Duff speaks den u betta listen up~

EDIT: The origin of the meme stems from this delusional comic (the last panel is obviously edited in). It speaks volumes about the type of people who would purposefully use "FTGE" as an actual statement.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Personally, I wasn't aware that anyone over the age of 20 legitimately used 'gay' as a derogatory term and that the whole point of the meme was to parody those that still do (IE: stereotypical COD players etc).

Also when my girl Hilary Duff speaks den u betta listen up~

EDIT: The origin of the meme stems from this delusional comic (the last panel is obviously edited in). It speaks volumes about the type of people who would purposefully use "FTGE" as an actual statement.

I only learned a few weeks ago that "limp wrist" is a gay slur as well.

I always associated it with weak handshakes.

And yes people do use "gay" as a derogatory term. Some people I know still do just out of old habit.

Socreges

Banned
And FHUTA was always an implicit critique of the Catholic Church's stance on sodomy? :D I think it's just used because it's a meme and people think it sounds funny. Not because of some conscious parody.

On a completely unrelated note, I just realized you changed your avatar. Fuck.
Honestly, it throws me off, too. Can't find my own posts now.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
And FHUTA was always an implicit critique of the Catholic Church's stance on sodomy? :D I think it's just used because it's a meme and people think it sounds funny. Not because of some conscious parody.

Honestly, it throws me off, too. Can't find my own posts now.

Wasn't swearing because you changed it, but because of what you changed it to. But yes, that too.

Marvie_3

Banned
It's hilarious that Fehr has been able to convince the PA that they somehow have all the leverage. Doesn't the nhl have the lowest % of post secondary educated players among the big 4? That's really been on display during this whole thing.

Probably.

Also the players despise Bettman for the last lockout and Fehr has quite a reputation from MLB. Most of them probably think he can do no wrong.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Acid got banned for that? What a joke, people post the meme but you can't type it out? So fucking dumb.

Smiley90

Sogood.gif

There was also Colbert talking about the Trump thing tonight. The guy isn't getting any breaks, not that he deserves it.

Trump is probably the biggest attention whore in Politics now. I don't understand why people keep talking about him :lol

Socreges

Banned
Trump is probably the biggest attention whore in Politics now. I don't understand why people keep talking about him :lol
.....you do realize that you're the one who brought him into this thread? So if you don't understand, just work backwards in time and analyze your own behaviour.

He's a master at manipulating the media and knowing how to get attention. His most recent ploy (the $5m charity donation) is horrible, but it's fucking brilliant.

Smiley90

.....you do realize that you're the one who brought him into this thread? So if you don't understand, just work backwards in time and analyze your own behaviour.

He's a master at manipulating the media and knowing how to get attention. His most recent ploy (the $5m charity donation) is horrible, but it's fucking brilliant.

Actually, I don't remember mentioning Trump? I mention Romney/Obama and the debates, yeah, but I don't remember bringing up Trump. That was Quick? Or do you mean a previous occasion? (I wouldn't remember that either...)

Socreges

Banned

Smiley90

Fair enough, I considered that as an "obama" post, not a "trump" post, but sure. :p I just want the elections to be over, not sure why I'm so invested in them. Compensating I suppose. Anyway, back to the Isles/Rangers Smacktalk... or which rivalry should go next?

Marvie_3

Banned
Fair enough, I considered that as an "obama" post, not a "trump" post, but sure. :p I just want the elections to be over, not sure why I'm so invested in them. Compensating I suppose. Anyway, back to the Isles/Rangers Smacktalk... or which rivalry should go next?

Wild vs. Blue Jackets

Socreges

Banned
For myself, it's because American political theatre is unpredictable, ridiculous, and incredibly important. Stranger than fiction half the time.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Once I saw Osorio posting again today, I was hoping he would start some kind of Devils shit storm. I was disappointed.

Smiley90

Once I saw Osorio posting again today, I was hoping he would start some kind of Devils shit storm. I was disappointed.

So it's like back to normal Montreal season for you then?

C'mon, someone has to start it.

Top Bottom