• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Marvie_3

Banned
It is great--I love vacationing there for a week to get away from everything (seriously, where can you still go that gets no cell phone signal?), but living there would be terrible.

Plus, they're all Packers fans.

ibdUGHdp2Wc9Mj.gif

ATF487

I lived in northern Michigan for 15 years. I just turned down a job there teaching at my old high school this past summer. It is absolutely gorgeous, but it just isn't for me. I refuse to live in the U.P., though--once you cross the bridge it's like you've entered the late 1970s. Most gas pumps don't even have credit card readers, cell phone coverage is almost nonexistent, and high-speed internet is rare.

This sounds pretty awesome for a vacation home

Quick

Banned
Unrelated note: Pop-GAF and Wrestle-GAF are shitting on each others' gifs in the "I find POP-GAF baffling" thread. Needs to get Kesler'd.

Montresor

well obviously it wouldn't end up being 50/50 until most contracts were off the books. Sucks for the owners, but oh well, fuck em.

Why can't you use the 50/50 base, lower the cap, use that percentage to lower the cap hit of existing contracts although ownership needs to continue to pay until they are gone.

I'm sure thats just basically the falling percentage plan that was offered by players

I think this is very close to or exactly the same thing I suggested a few pages back. This is the only fair thing to do. IMO the owners can go fuck themselves if they're thinking of any kind of rollback to existing contracts.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Unrelated note: Pop-GAF and Wrestle-GAF are shitting on each others' gifs in the "I find POP-GAF baffling" thread. Needs to get Kesler'd.
I entered that thread the other day and only made it to post #40.

I think this is very close to or exactly the same thing I suggested a few pages back. This is the only fair thing to do. IMO the owners can go fuck themselves if they're thinking of any kind of rollback to existing contracts.

Funny thing is players knew there was a potential rollback coming so they had their contracts frontloaded so they'd get most of their money before the lockout, and there are those signing bonuses ....

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8551281/nhl-withdraw-proposal-once-deadline-passes

The NHL will withdraw its latest proposal to the NHL Players' Association once Thursday's deadline to have a new deal in place comes and goes.

There were no talks held again Thursday and none have been held since last week's NHL proposal and counter-proposals from the NHLPA.

While Daly would not say exactly, it's expected the NHL will cancel games for all of November on Friday.

The Winter Classic and All-Star Game are not expected to be part of that announcement, although they could be axed as early as next week.

And here we go ....

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
NHL is stupid to withdraw their offer but I guess it doesnt really matter anyways.

Not really stupid, since their offer was linked to a season start early November, and once that deadline passes the offer is off the table...

But gah, PLEASE just cancel the whole season at once and then sit together and let us know whenever you're done. Bad news daily just doesn't feel good.

Dumb player tweet #734324

Derek Roy
‏@Roy9ner
So loud when I start it that it sets off car alarms in parking garages haha
A6E9cPlCYAAnU1b.jpg

In Roy's defense he hasn't been doing "WE R SO POOR" tweets that a bunch of other numb nuts have been tossing out there. He just tweets about shit he does.

Helene Elliott ‏@helenenothelen
NBA Commish David Stern on whether he has advised former protege Bettman: "I have a close relationship with Gary. But I would say that(more

the subject of such conversations as we have had is covered by the commissioner-to-commissioner privilege and it wouldn't be (more)

appropriate for me to comment further." End of Stern quote on Bettman

We can blame NBA GAF for this lockout if the NBA commissioner is giving Bettman advice.

LOL at Leipold being part of this after his team signed Parise and Suter to monster contracts.

*headdesk*.. that's what I've been saying this whole time.

Fuck Leipooollllddddd.

What do you expect from two communities comprised of things marketed towards 12 year olds?

Cake Boss

Banned
The only thing we could take from this lockout is thank god we don't have Stern as the commissioner, a league of 5 teams and all out fraud.

The other day I was looking into getting back into the NBA this winter, then I looked at the promo pic going around.

NBA_Preview2012_featured_story.jpg

I am quickly reminded why I stopped watching it back in my high school years, 1 team has 3 players represented in this promo, 1 team has 2 and others 1 each. The other 24 teams might as well forfeit the season.

I am quickly reminded why I stopped watching it back in my high school years, 1 team has 3 players represented in this promo, 1 team has 2 and others 1 each. The other 24 teams might as well forfeit the season.

Well if Fehr has his way you'll see that in the NHL except they'll all be wearing Leafs/Rangers jerseys.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Jensen is first in scoring on his SEL team and 2nd in goals in the whole SEL. Nicholsonyes.gif

And his team is 5-11 and sucks. He also leads the junior ranking in pretty much every offensive category and is 2nd in ice time.

Stasis

So glad the Sabres traded this douche. Enjoy, Dallas.

He actually seems like a pretty cool and laid back guy based on various interviews and the "cribs" imitation video they did of him. I'm not a fan of the trade at all tbh.

Edit: 20C and sunny here in Montreal tomorrow... WTF is going on. My Winters are already on!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The only thing we could take from this lockout is thank god we don't have Stern as the commissioner, a league of 5 teams and all out fraud.

The other day I was looking into getting back into the NBA this winter, then I looked at the promo pic going around.

NBA_Preview2012_featured_story.jpg

So good, can't wait for the season!

Ryan Miller, courtesy of ESPN:

"I think that a deal is there to be made and recent events lead me to believe the NHL is simply testing us," "After they have satisfied their curiosity about the strength of our resolve we will have real negotiating for the first time in this whole debacle."

Ok.

"The two sides are close enough to a deal that missing the bulk of a season is wrong and missing an entire season is not only insane, it is a blatant disregard for the sport, the fans and the culture we have grown over decades -- just to satisfy egos, not the needs of either side," Miller wrote.

Close! Bulk! Insane! Egos!

"Consider that Canadian broadcasting rights are up for negotiations by 2014 and the Islanders will be in a new facility by 2015. Those are just two examples of things that are certain to put a lot more money into the league," he wrote. "I am sure we can sit down and come up with many more examples, and speculate on other things that Gary (Bettman) will never admit to until a CBA is drafted, like relocation or expansion. So when the owners want us to take less than our latest proposal you have to remember they are asking for all of this and holding hockey hostage knowing they have a lot of new revenue coming down the line and they have seen us move toward them in every category. The least they could do is honor our contracts and find a way to start the hockey season."

Heh, I bet the owners are saying the exact same thing about the PA.
The Raptors might have winning record this season.

Ryan Miller, courtesy of ESPN:

Ok.

Close! Bulk! Insane! Egos!

Heh, I bet the owners are saying the exact same thing about the PA.
The Raptors might have winning record this season.

1st one... OK reasonable, I don't agree but reasonable.

2nd I agree

3rd. DAFUQ. I hope he meant push the same offer closer to the owners. One side showed movement so far and one has 1 offer in three flavors.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I will not be turning to the NBA this fall. The NFL provides enough entertainment for me this time of year anyway — I don't even want to think about all of the time I spend watching games, reading articles and listening to radio each week. Now, if football ends and hockey still isn't back, well, that's when I jump off the Pru.

Silexx

Just got back from seeing the Last Gladiators. Excellent film and Nilan was a stand up guy during the Q&A. Wanted to take a picture, but so many people were doing just that and flashing their lights in his face while he was talking, I just thought it was bad form and decided against piling on.

Top Bottom