• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
The NBA's popularity amazes me. Its so slow to watch, a shitload of timeouts, all contact is a foul, and over flashy, unlikeable "stars". Not to mention the atrocious lack of parity. The NHL has put out such a great product since the last lockout and they're pissing away all the goodwill they've earned.

ATF487

The NBA's popularity amazes me. Its so slow to watch, a shitload of timeouts, all contact is a foul, and over flashy, unlikeable "stars". Not to mention the atrocious lack of parity. The NHL has put out such a great product since the last lockout and they're pissing away all the goodwill they've earned.

Yeah. I can appreciate a well played basketball game but I find it really hard to watch on a regular basis due to these things. And the refereeing.

I remember wanting the NBA lockout to go on and hoping some were converted to hockey :(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah. I can appreciate a well played basketball game but I find it really hard to watch on a regular basis due to these things. And the refereeing.

I remember wanting the NBA lockout to go on and hoping some were converted to hockey :(

... and yet you have a football avatar... a sport that's even slower than the NBA.

ALL OF YOUR SPORTS THAT AREN'T HOCKEY ARE LITERALLY EXCRUCIATINGLY TERRIBLE. THEY CANNOT GO ANYWHERE OR DO ANYTHING EVEN CLOSELY INTERESTING TO WHAT HOCKEY IS CAPABLE OF.

Thank you.

ShaneB

I can't judge any sport, I'm a guy who loves to watch golf.
KuGsj.gif

Socreges

Banned
Welll, when you make a movie about a big Canadian incident, and then make the barest mention of Canadians in the movie and talk up how the Americans actually saved the day, you're going to piss off a lot of Canadians.
I think this is what you're referring to:

The original postscript to the film suggested the kudos Taylor received for his role in the real-life drama were undeserved in light of the CIA operation.

After outraged friends took in the film at the Toronto International Film Festival last month and alerted Taylor, Affleck was soon in touch. The postscript was subsequently changed to note that the CIA “complemented efforts of the Canadian Embassy.”
The movie mentions Canada a tonne, but it focuses on the CIA effort and glorifies Mendez's role. Understandably. It's Hollywood.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
I'm still not sure if I side more with the NHL or with the NHLPA, but holy crap do they both suck at negotiating.

whatthefuckisthisshit_picard.gif

Pikma

Banned
I'm still not sure if I side more with the NHL or with the NHLPA, but holy crap do they both suck at negotiating.

whatthefuckisthisshit_picard.gif

That's the problem right there, none of them are correct, not for me at least, both sides are wrong but it seems like no one is willing to recognize it.

K-19

Banned
What the point? 50/50 like Fehr proposed it's fine, no? Why should the owners make that much of the incomes? That insane, c'mon HOCKEY!!!!!

I am actually looking forward to basketball this year. 6ers are going to be one of the best teams in the east, and I dont have to watch AI play for them anymore.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I am actually looking forward to basketball this year. 6ers are going to be one of the best teams in the east, and I dont have to watch AI play for them anymore.

Yeah I'm pretty excited for your team. I don't know if they'll be one of the top teams but I can definitely see them finishing anywhere from 3 to no lower than the 5th seed.

I still think the Pacers are the #2 team in the East.

Yeah I'm pretty excited for your team. I don't know if they'll be one of the top teams but I can definitely see them finishing anywhere from 3 to no lower than the 5th seed.

I still think the Pacers are the #2 team in the East.

The Pacers are going to be really good. I think the 6ers could compete with them if everyone is healthy and the new guys click right away. Hopefully Doug gets them playing well right out of the gate this year.

gcubed

I read Cloud Atlas recently and have not a single idea how it could be translated into a coherent movie under 8 hours long.

And NBA? Really?

calder

ALL OF YOUR SPORTS THAT AREN'T HOCKEY ARE LITERALLY EXCRUCIATINGLY TERRIBLE. THEY CANNOT GO ANYWHERE OR DO ANYTHING EVEN CLOSELY INTERESTING TO WHAT HOCKEY IS CAPABLE OF.

Thank you.

Lol, sadly you pretty much mimicked a column from my local paper after the NBA had a preseason exhibition here a couple of days ago. It was pretty cringe inducing, and I have zero interest in basketball.

EDIT: here, if today isn't crappy enough you can read it too, it's embarrassingly crap.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Argo was awesome. I think a double feature of that and Miracle would be the ultimate time machine feature to make you feel like its 1980 again.

And the NBA is slower and worse to watch then the NFL in my opinion. The horrible amounts of free throws, timeouts, and out of bounds plays are worse to me than the breaks in between downs where football players huddle up. Though both sports are slow. So is baseball. I love baseball anyway.

RC

Banned
Saw a random person wearing a Flyers hat in the red light district. I yelled out Flyers suck, but all he gave me was a confused look. I miss hockey.

The Super Bowl is the only non-NHL event I can watch. I don't really know the rules, I don't know any of the teams I just watch it because it's the Super Bowl.

Basketball is utterly boring and baseball even more so.

This lockout sucks but I realize how much more time I have since I am not watching several games a week. I kind of like it.

Saw a random person wearing a Flyers hat in the red light district. I yelled out Flyers suck, but he didn't hear me. I miss hockey.

In Ottawa I saw a guy with a Hartnell jersey standing at the bus stop. I wish I had a glove to throw at him as I drove by, I wonder if he'd get it.

Apparently the NHL will be cancelling the entire month of November today.

God damn this shit sucks so much. I wish the owners hadnt locked the players out and let them go on strike during the season so we could get replacement players. I really want all new players in the NHL.

Top Bottom