• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

FOOTE

These fuckwads. I will never buy a jersey with a player's name on the back again. Fuck them all. Present and future.

Surge

They better come back with 2 more teams in Seattle and x, phoenix relocated and the conferences rearranged. They have enough time to discuss that now.

Fuck both sides for being pretentious cunts, neither side cares about hockey or the fans or anything, it's all about "pride" and money. They'll come back after losing 2 years of hockey with like "YEAH WE GUARANTEED OURSELVES 5% MORE REVENUE WE WIN", while completely ignoring how much they lost by not playing.

-flips table-

They no doubt will have to do something to draw fans back that will completely say fuck this to the entire league.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
They better come back with 2 more teams in Seattle and x, phoenix relocated and the conferences rearranged. They have enough time to discuss that now.

Fuck both sides for being pretentious cunts, neither side cares about hockey or the fans or anything, it's all about "pride" and money. They'll come back after losing 2 years of hockey with like "YEAH WE GUARANTEED OURSELVES 5% MORE REVENUE WE WIN", while completely ignoring how much they lost by not playing.

-flips table-

I'd rather they fold some teams.

CCF23

1st one... OK reasonable, I don't agree but reasonable.

2nd I agree

3rd. DAFUQ. I hope he meant push the same offer closer to the owners. One side showed movement so far and one has 1 offer in three flavors.

I find it ridiculous people actually believe the owners "moved" significantly. The offer was a joke. Both sides offers have been jokes. Neither side has put forth an offer even close to getting something done, despite them both knowing where this needs to go. The NHL offer was "HEY! We're at 50/50! but here's all this other shit we'll stick it in you on and oh, by the way, the lost money on your contracts will be paid out of your own money so it's not really 50/50."

In the end, it's simple (or at least was until games started getting permanently axed)...It had to start slightly in the players favour and move towards 50/50. The players get their contracts and the league gets to a more manageable split of HRR. Won't happen, though, because the NHL is insistent on getting to 50/50 right fucking now.

Both sides are far too ego driven for this to be working as it should. Fuck all of them.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Why do people want the whole season canceled? I want the NHL back.
Having to hear updates about how fucking stupid people are gets tiresome + last season slightly killed my hunger for hockey. Another high draft pick is the best scenario for the Habs right now. I'd be pretty pissed if I was a Canucks fan though.

CCF23

Having to hear updates about how fucking stupid people are gets tiresome + last season slightly killed my hunger for hockey. Another high draft pick is the best scenario for the Habs right now. I'd be pretty pissed if I was a Canucks fan though.

So pissed. Our window was closing as is. If the whole season gets axed we're really only looking at maybe one more year as top contenders before the team starts to fall off and guys like the Sedins start to show their age.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So pissed. Our window was closing as is. If the whole season gets axed we're really only looking at maybe one more year as top contenders before the team starts to fall off and guys like the Sedins start to show their age.

I'm scared, I don't want to see Mason fucking Raymond on our first line. That's the only upside this lockout might have, the 1season-contract he got expires without him actually playing.

Caps finally get second line centre.

Season cancelled.

8JmME.png

CCF23

I'm scared, I don't want to see Mason fucking Raymond on our first line. That's the only upside this lockout might have, the 1season-contract he got expires without him actually playing.

We have some nice prospects, but they're not "blue chip" guys that are going to take over for the Sedins. I think Kassian and Jensen are going to be damn good players, but neither will even come close to matching what the Twins currently provide us. Hopefully when the Twins retire Gillis can put that $12 million to good use, but it might be hard...Vancouver's not a top draw like New York or other "big market" American cities, and will be even less attractive when it's seen as a team starting to fall off from being a championship contender.

le sigh.

That's what people said about the last time they missed an entire year.

Last time they hadn't experienced a lockout and full missed season 7 years prior. I'm not saying that fans won't come back, but the growth of the game will take a gigantic hit.

Real barn burner here in Minsk, 1-1 in the 3rd...
Fuck this white trash commy mafia laundering front cunt earth.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
My memory is hazy I forget when they agreed to a new contract after the last lockout but did they do it before or after the draft?

All I remember the Penguins nutting over themselves by landing Crosby.

I ask because when the season gets cancelled we should still get the draft at the end of the year right?

My memory is hazy I forget when they agreed to a new contract after the last lockout but did they do it before or after the draft?

All I remember the Penguins nutting over themselves by landing Crosby.

I ask because when the season gets cancelled we should still get the draft at the end of the year right?

Yeah draft is gonna happen for sure, but we'd have a legit lottery for first overall.

LOL

Just like last time?

Yup, some teams get a better chance than others for McKinnon but literally everybody gets a shot at getting 1st. The rangers will probably win it since they traded their 1st away for Rick haha.

Forget McKinnon though, how about this McDavid kid, eh? Killing it as a 15 year old.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yup, some teams get a better chance than others for McKinnon but literally everybody gets a shot at getting 1st. The rangers will probably win it since they traded their 1st away for Rick haha.

Forget McKinnon though, how about this McDavid kid, eh? Killing it as a 15 year old.

Gonna be drafted by Calgary.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If the rules are the same as the Crosby one I am sure the Leafs will have the best odds at getting the #1 pick.

sammich

Gonna be drafted by Calgary.

Oh man, that would be friggin awesome :p Though.. one more year means no iggy and kipper possibly.

Not sure if this is the complete tweet or added crud by someone on HFboards but(i cant access twitter at work to check :

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Sorry check that: $720 million in lost HRR for season if no games played in November...

Yet the total gap between the two sides was around $600M...

SMART MOVE

Oh man, that would be friggin awesome :p Though.. one more year means no iggy and kipper possibly.

Not sure if this is the complete tweet or added crud by someone on HFboards but(i cant access twitter at work to check :

Sorry check that: $720 million in lost HRR for season if no games played in November...

SMART MOVE

ouch.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
I can't wait to see the first interview with Toews after the NHLPA gets bent over the table again.
I went to the future and listened to it. Here's a summary:

Reporter: How does it feel to see the lockout come to an end?
Toews: I have a mole on my face.
Reporter: I.......dont understand.
Toews: derrrrrrrrrrrrrrp

SMART MOVE
Brilliant.

sammich

Whats with this Brilliant! thing.. every time someone says it, it keeps going off in my head as though Harry potter says it..

BRILLIANT!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I know how it works--I was mocking the idea that the last lottery was anything but rigged for Pittsburgh.

Socreges

Banned
Players want that Ted Danson money.
Fehr: 50%?

Bettman: 50%.

Fehr: Alone?

Bettman: No, with escrow!

Fehr: That's insulting! Major League Baseball doesn't even have a salary cap.

Bettman: Oh, would you stop with the Major League Baseball?

Fehr: Well, it's true.

Bettman: You're nuts!

Fehr: I'm sorry. I can't live knowing baseball players make that much more than hockey players. Who are they?

Bettman: They're somebody.

Fehr: What about hockey players?

Bettman: They're nobody.

Fehr: Why them? Why not us?

Bettman: They're popular, hockey is not.

Fehr: We're better than them.

Bettman: You're worse, much much worse.

Plinko

Fehr: I'm sorry. I can't live knowing baseball players make that much more than hockey players. Who are they?

*Applauds*

4-the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

Montresor

I put it on 680 news on the radio to listen to the traffic report. The first thing I hear is an obnoxious voice saying:

"If you're a fan of the NHL, your November social calendar just became wide open."

But I want to see Ribiero play for the Capitals :(
The Olympics had a diving competition, just imagine they are wearing Caps jerseys.
Am I the only one that really looks forward to seeing what shit the NHL and the PA will put out when hockey does come back?

Those "thank you fans" messages and commercials were hilarious.

I especially love the first press conference once an agreement is reached where the PA stands side by side with Bettman saying how great a deal this is for both sides.

Isn't the jersey license up in '14? I can see Bauer or someone else getting it, then new jerseys to buy!

If the rules are the same as the Crosby one I am sure the Leafs will have the best odds at getting the #1 pick.
Cats would have a great chance too.

Top Bottom