• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

:'(

47413_10151117271416811_1248060025_n.jpg

Quick

Banned
I really don't understand why 2/3's of the players aren't already making noise.

I saw a tweeted headline that suggested Ryan Suter thinks his contract wasn't offered in good faith. The same contract that gave him a massive signing bonus.

I can see where he's coming from, where he signed the contract thinking it's in good faith, but Leipold approved the contract assuming that the CBA expiry and the eventual new one would knock some money off that contract by default.

On the other hand, Suter's guaranteed that signing bonus, which is pretty massive ($10 million). So, I can see the other side thinking the signing bonus is compensation for the possible loss of money on their contract.

Montresor

Who among fans and players, during the free agent frenzy, actually thought the owners would try to implement a salary rollback?

When I saw all these players rushing to sign these big deals, I was thinking it was ONLY because they thought the front-loaded deal loophole would be closed. Not because there would be a proposed reduction in the cap and overall salary going to players. That came out of nowhere and is ruining hockey right now, as both sides are being stubborn about it. =/

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I can see where he's coming from, where he signed the contract thinking it's in good faith, but Leipold approved the contract assuming that the CBA expiry and the eventual new one would knock some money off that contract by default.

On the other hand, Suter's guaranteed that signing bonus, which is pretty massive ($10 million). So, I can see the other side thinking the signing bonus is compensation for the possible loss of money on their contract.

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere on the radio that the players had those signing bonuses put in for the whole reason they expect a possible rollback too.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Who among fans and players, during the free agent frenzy, actually thought the owners would try to implement a salary rollback?

When I saw all these players rushing to sign these big deals, I was thinking it was ONLY because they thought the front-loaded deal loophole would be closed. Not because there would be a proposed reduction in the cap and overall salary going to players. That came out of nowhere and is ruining hockey right now, as both sides are being stubborn about it. =/

Because if they don't sign those players, then they aren't being competitive

If a player goes to every team and says "hey this is what I want!" And the teams all come back saying they are worth much less even when they are worth much more, it could be collusion.

Or if teams only spend to x million even though the cap is higher, it can be collusion

The owners make the framework, the GM works within the framework as high as their budget allows

In sake of suter and parise- would you rather have them or the rest of the team? When it comes down to it, you want star players- if the cap rolls back while salaries do not, the wild aren't going to deal their stars. They'll go for other guys.

You can't fault teams for playing by the rules as fucked up as they are. These clubs want to win, nothing less. Unless you're Brian Burke and have morals.

So the excuse of "the owners need us to save themselves" is horseshit especially when there's a salary floor they are required to spend at minimum

FOOTE

I know it's not something I ever considered might happen. It's one area I think the owners are wrong. That goes double for the Minnesota Wild. Fuck 'em. Honor the two dumb contracts you signed right before a (then) potential lockout.

Erdrick

Listening to the St. Johns Ice Caps/Norfolk Admirals game. Gotta get my hockey fix somehow, and at least I can keep tabs on Jets prospects. Norfolk is Anaheim's farm team at the moment, right?

I was supposed to be going to the Red Wings/Jets game tonight... But oh well, gotta wait until these 2 stubborn sides get the acts together. I went 15 years without the NHL, I can go a few years without again. It'll let our prospects improve anyway.

I've also been keeping tabs on the Colorado Eagles of the ECHL and the Barrie Colts of the OHL, since they have strong connections to the Jets as well. Scheifele is tearing up the OHL at the moment, which is nice to see. Hope the kid can crack the Jets squad in a few years. He was fortunate last season to get in those 10 NHL games, but the biggest thing I remember about his short stay here was him getting a new one torn into him by Claude Noel on the bench after obviously doing something the coach did not approve of. Ouch... I felt pretty bad for the kid.

Sigh... This is going to be a long winter. =(

Quick

Banned
I was looking forward to watching the Marlies game tonight. Turns out, there is none. Nothing until Thursday. Fucking AHL schedule.

Acid08

Banned
I wish our AHL affiliate wasn't across the fucking country. Not like they're any good though.

ECHL is super close though, when life stops being so fucking awful I'll get to a game.

ATF487

I wish our AHL affiliate wasn't across the fucking country. Not like they're any good though.

ECHL is super close though, when life stops being so fucking awful I'll get to a game.

Don't talk shit about the Worcester Icecats Sharks

Totally forgot about listening to games on the radio though, I should be doing that for the next P-Bruins game in...a week. wtf

edit: nevermind it's on now yayay

Heretic

Ducks are thinking about letting the Admirals play at the Ponda Center a couple of games this season to give us our hockey fix here in SoCal

Sheeeet this Rampage/ Wolves game is crazy.

Wolves up 2 in the first, Rampage come back, Wolves dominated the end if the 2nd and lead 5-2. Now in the 3rd it's 5-5.

Lack and Markstrom both suck tonight lol.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sheeeet this Rampage/ Wolves game is crazy.

Wolves up 2 in the first, Rampage come back, Wolves dominated the end if the 2nd and lead 5-2. Now in the 3rd it's 5-5.

Lack and Markstrom both suck tonight lol.

Who's scoring/playing well?

Cake Boss

Banned
And its not just any scrub dman he's undressing, in that video its Murphy from Carolina a top 10 pick year or so ago, another video of Pits 1st rounder Olli Matta and some other 1st rounder he has undressed lately.

Top Bottom