• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Quick

Banned
grantland_nhllockoutflow_1152.jpg

iJrpjo0hl2Fg9.gif

Quick

Banned
Krys Barch Twitter Rant, Part 2:

I call "Bullshit" on Bill Daly's Statement today! Their was No fair 50/50 split. These guys need to be nominated for an Oscar!

What is the NHL's agenda? To destroy the game of hockey. What a display of "Power". #BRAVO

Someone asked him:

@krysbarch Curious as to what a fair 50/50 split would be? What made the proposed 50/50 split unfair?

To which he replied:

Do your research!

Does Krys Barch actually know what's going on, or is he actually swallowing Fehr's cum in full loads?

Socreges

Banned
Rocks for brains and money on the mind. Even if they're capable of seeing the reality of the situation, the promise of more money is making them less rational. Why try and understand the other side? Plus the typical union groupthink.

We have some nice prospects, but they're not "blue chip" guys that are going to take over for the Sedins. I think Kassian and Jensen are going to be damn good players, but neither will even come close to matching what the Twins currently provide us. Hopefully when the Twins retire Gillis can put that $12 million to good use, but it might be hard...Vancouver's not a top draw like New York or other "big market" American cities, and will be even less attractive when it's seen as a team starting to fall off from being a championship contender.

le sigh.

At least you guys will have something in common with the 2008 Ottawa Senators.

EDIT: Apologies for DP, I thought somebody would've posted by the time I got to this reply.

I'm at the Hitmen game. Woot. :/

You get to witness an actual hockey game with a team that's a consistent contender in the CHL with awesome jerseys, who had Getzlaf play for them?

I fail to see the downside here.

I don't get it.

The 2008 Ottawa Senators got swept in the first round by Pittsburgh a year after making the SCF. Not nearly as badly as Vancouver did by the Kings. But then next year Ottawa didn't even make the playoffs. A decline which I'm making as a comparison to how far they fell from grace and how people are insinuating may happen with Vancouvers "closing window".

zedge

EDIT: Apologies for DP, I thought somebody would've posted by the time I got to this reply.

You get to witness an actual hockey game with a team that's a consistent contender in the CHL with awesome jerseys, who had Getzlaf play for them?

I fail to see the downside here.
It's 7-0 for Medicine Hat....haha
Fun to watch some hockey though. ;)

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
The 2008 Ottawa Senators got swept in the first round by Pittsburgh a year after making the SCF. Not nearly as badly as Vancouver did by the Kings. But then next year Ottawa didn't even make the playoffs. A decline which I'm making as a comparison to how far they fell from grace and how people are insinuating may happen with Vancouvers "closing window".

Thought that's what you meant but wasn't sure.

I think Vancouver will remain strong for a while with Luongo* (LOL), Schneider, Lack and the sisters aren't that old yet.

We were already on the decline by the time we lost to the Quacks in the finals. The best team we ever had never hit the ice due to the lockout. I think we had a ton of injuries in that series anyway.

But we're on our back up :)

zedge

Ouch..haha. on the plus Side.awesome seats. I would kill for these seats to a Flames game.

20121026_212946.jpg

Bah.. not sure how to post pic from drop box.

We were already on the decline by the time we lost to the Quacks in the finals. The best team we ever had never hit the ice due to the lockout. I think we had a ton of injuries in that series anyway.

But we're on our back up :)

I have no doubt in my head that it would've been a 7 game series if Ottawa didn't have the injuries it had. Hell, Emery wasn't even a starter when the 07 season began. He only got the gig because Gerber ended up sucking.

Socreges

Banned
Was that message from Fehr to the players about holding out and the deal getting better over time ever confirmed? Because if that's the union's approach, and it would be no surprise, then the season is surely fucked.

Two seasons, though... that will never happen. The players would stage a coup if that were ever possible.

CCF23

Was that message from Fehr to the players about holding out and the deal getting better over time ever confirmed? Because if that's the union's approach, and it would be no surprise, then the season is surely fucked.

Two seasons, though... that will never happen. The players would stage a coup if that were ever possible.

It's hard to know what to believe. Part of the problem of twitter.

It's hard to know what to believe. Part of the problem of twitter.

If you're an owner who's been losing money every year, then cancelling a season actually works in your favor monetarily. No season? You just saved money that you would have otherwise lost.

The problem is that 1/3 (at least) of the owners are in this boat.

People think they can't hold out for two years? One, each of these owners has other interests. They're the CEO of something or the owner of something else, etc. If they were only owning a hockey team they'd likely be in deep shit. Two, if I'm losing $10M per year under the current CBA and I hold out for 2 years, I just saved myself $20M. I realize that's an oversimplification, because some of these guys are keeping staff paid, etc. I'm assuming the business of hockey (jersey sales, etc) continues to work somehow.

Anyway, this could go a long, long way. I realize the players are the entertainment... but if you don't have someone flipping the bill to provide the entertainment, then the players are just a bunch of yahoos. Go cry in your beer... and pick up a job application for Wal-mart while you're out.

CREMSteve

If it takes two seasons, then so be it. Whatever it takes to break this godforsaken union straight down the middle.

The AHL is proving itself a perfectly acceptable substitute product.

The players would stage a coup if that were ever possible.

I really don't understand why 2/3's of the players aren't already making noise.

I saw a tweeted headline that suggested Ryan Suter thinks his contract wasn't offered in good faith. The same contract that gave him a massive signing bonus.

Top Bottom