• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

It's cool, you can laugh at the Ducks all you want, I won't take of-f-... ah... *sniff*

FUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU SCHULTZ!!!

A CUNT A RIGHT ROYAL CUNT A FUCKING DOUCHEBAG DERBAGS MCGEE CUNTSLASH PICKLEDICK ANALCREAMING SANDWICH FUCKER

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's cool, you can laugh at the Ducks all you want, I won't take of-f-... ah... *sniff*

FUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU SCHULTZ!!!

A CUNT A RIGHT ROYAL CUNT A FUCKING DOUCHEBAG DERBAGS MCGEE CUNTSLASH PICKLEDICK ANALCREAMING SANDWICH FUCKER
JXmH2.gif

Also I'm fucking sick of loading NHL 13 and seeing who the Ducks would've potentially played each day.

Canadiens and then the Leafs would've been fucking awesome to see.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
There's a hurricane and the Florida-fan is the only one posting. Now THAT is interesting.

(In all seriousness, I hope everyone up in PA, etc. is fine)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So uh this is from some Montreal radio personality do I don't know how reliable it is but it's something :

"As per Sat. updates, #Habs have asked for Sean Couturier & 2 1st round picks for PK, should the #Flyers sign him to an offer sheet #GoHabsGo"

So uh this is from some Montreal radio personality do I don't know how reliable it is but it's something :

"As per Sat. updates, #Habs have asked for Sean Couturier & 2 1st round picks for PK, should the #Flyers sign him to an offer sheet #GoHabsGo"

That makes no sense since you can't trade or sign players with no CBA.

I'm not even 30 and I'm starting to become confused by slang. The fuck is wrong with you kids? Get off my lawn. Etc.

What's this based Huberdeau ? How do you go from Jonathan to that ?

CCF23

Pretty eye opening article if some of the quoted is true...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-lockout/2012/10/29/nhl_lockout_gary_bettman_jeremy_jacobs_owners_silence/#.UI7g446h7Mc.twitter

Now here we are in 2012 and many whispers we heard about Goodenow in 2004 are now being directed toward Bettman. "Old, tired and paranoid" are just some of the descriptions of Bettman these days. Does the commissioner still have a clear head to get the best deal possible for all 30 owners, or is he too bitter and jaded after close to 20 years on the job to think clearly?

Worse is the perception that only three people control all the power and information when it comes to the future of the NHL, that a new deal hinges solely on Bettman, Bob Batterman (lead counsel for the NHL) and Jeremy Jacobs (Boston Bruins owner and chairman of the NHL board). Everyone else is on the outside looking in when it comes to power in the league.

From here on in the biggest question may not be the resolve of the players -- as it was in 2004 -- but rather how many owners will continue to sit on the sidelines when they already know they now have a deal on the table they can accept.

Love the bit from Paul Kelly about how expansion needs to be brought to the table in lockout talks. Brah wants Markham and QC. Phoenix to Seattle please. Then Dat revenue increase.

ShaneB

Kypreos? Really, CCF23?

I love Hockeycentral and Kypreos and MacLean yelling at each other is always awesome, but Kyper is so pro player it's impossible to take anything he says seriously... which is why MacLean is great at calling him on his bs.

Love the bit from Paul Kelly about how expansion needs to be brought to the table in lockout talks. Brah wants Markham and QC. Phoenix to Seattle please. Then Dat revenue increase.

That's a big reason why we have a lockout right now, the owners want to pocket most of that money, especially the big expansion fees.

Socreges

Banned
I don't give two shits about the winter classic and never have. The Canucks never play in it so why should I give a fuck?
You should care because it's an important television event for the league and can have a significant affect on drawing/retaining fans. Its loss would be symbolic, I think.

Not surprised. Happens to Euro football players too. Good on both teams though, they handled it much better than the football leagues.

What's this based Huberdeau ? How do you go from Jonathan to that ?
The ethereal light of hope and goals is how.

I don't give two shits about the winter classic and never have. The Canucks never play in it so why should I give a fuck?
The only tangible leverage the players have over the league. Once it is cut the long term attrition of wills will happen.

You should care because it's an important television event for the league and can have a significant affect on drawing/retaining fans. Its loss would be symbolic, I think.

Whatever. The Canucks still never play in it so I don't care. It's always seemed like an excuse to put pretty princess Crosby in his little dress and skate in front of a bunch of gawking morons who act like they've never seen people skate outside before. Whoop de fucking doo.

CCF23

That doesn't make any sense, mang.

Sure it does. Someone who's played the game will have obviously made connections from his time in the game. Whether or not Kypreos is an idiot is kind of relevant. In terms of trusting the info from him, or say, someone like Damien Cox, I'd lean more towards the guy that actually played.

Like I said, obviously there's going to be pro-player bias from Kypreos, but in terms of the actual information he's passing along, I don't doubt it.

Heretic

There's going to be a big rush to save the Winter Classic but if that gets cancelled then who knows when they'll start negotiations again... We'll probably get another push before next season starts and we'll start this whole thing all over again.

Heretic

Sure it does. Someone who's played the game will have obviously made connections from his time in the game. Whether or not Kypreos is an idiot is kind of relevant. In terms of trusting the info from him, or say, someone like Damien Cox, I'd lean more towards the guy that actually played.

Like I said, obviously there's going to be pro-player bias from Kypreos, but in terms of the actual information he's passing along, I don't doubt it.

I think he meant that the way you worded it didn't make any sense. Like, it was hard to understand.

sammich

My turn

Sure it does. Someone who's been the commissioner for the league and raised revenue to record levels obviously has made many connections from this time running the league. Whether or not Kypreos or Bettman is an idiot is kind of irrelevant. In terms of trusting info from Bettman or a player who has no idea about financials, id trust the guy running the league than one whos never ran a multi billion dollar organization.

Like i said, obviously theres going to be pro-owner/league bias from Bettman, but in terms of actual information regarding financials hes passing along, i dont doubt it.

Kypreos is the biggest idiot on the radio, and thats something when you have Maclean next to him.

Edit: Id trust an owner of a franchise faster than i would ever trust a player. Both sides are in it to make as much money as possible. Only thing is its a healthier and far more enjoyable league when the owners get what they want than if the players do.

Edit 2: I wish Bettman or Daly did something similar to the NHLPA. Players can and will say whatever they want without any repercussions. Owners cant. Imagine if Bettman called out the NHLPA and said " According to our polling of the NHLPA, if the last proposal we put out was put to a vote, it would pass and we would have been playing hockey with a full regular season schedule" They cant.

Oh man, all this tragedy on the East... I need a smile... OOOH I KNOW WHAT I'LL READ!

Wikipedia said:
Any time the Sharks go on the power play, the Jaws theme song is played while the fans do "The Chomp," extending their arms in front and moving them up and down to form a chomping jaw. The song played after each goal is a casio keyboard version of "Rock and Roll Part 2" by Gary Glitter. This was changed for one season, 2006–07, when they used "Holiday" by Bay Area band Green Day, but after the season it was changed back to "Rock and Roll Part 2."

That's better.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If this lockout eventually results in a team using Brass Bonanza as its entrance theme again, it'll all have been worth it.

Hurricanes are boring. Both my roommates work in news so they got called in and their jobs got them hotel rooms for the night. I am fucking bored out of my mind and sitting home alone just waiting to lose power. No work again tomorrow though... guess that's alright. I managed to be really productive earlier today, but now this just sucks.

Top Bottom