• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Have any of you guys calling Halo boring ever touched multiplayer? Hell, I'd even argue with the singleplayer being boring, but multiplayer is the best thing ever.

Or maybe you just don't like console FPS's.

Anyway, I'm excited.

Have any of you guys calling Halo boring ever touched multiplayer? Hell, I'd even argue with the singleplayer being boring, but multiplayer is the best thing ever.

Anyway, I'm excited.

I couldnt be more excited. The changes to mp sound fantastic. I play through the campaigns of all the games I buy but I buy games for the mp now almost totally.

Don't really like FPS period. No one's done anything remotely creative with the genre since Half-Life 1. It's all dudebro military shooters now.

I did play Halo 1 and thought it was decent but I didn't really get the hype(soundtrack was pretty awesome IIRC).

Halo's fine. Way better than CoD. I like playing the co-op with friends. Usually just makes it more of a "rent" though for a weekend when me and a few buddies can get together.

Revenant

Don't really like FPS period. No one's done anything remotely creative with the genre since Half-Life 1. It's all dudebro military shooters now.

I did play Halo 1 and thought it was decent but I didn't really get the hype(soundtrack was pretty awesome IIRC).

yes, yes it is.

I'm a huge fan of great soundtracks in games. I think I'll take a great, memorable soundtrack over pretty GFX any day of the week.

I dont know if you are a Massive Attack fan but one of the guys from MA is doing the soundtrack for Halo 4. What I have heard so far sounds really good.

Revenant

I'm a huge fan of great soundtracks in games. I think I'll take a great, memorable soundtrack over pretty GFX any day of the week.

i've definitely noticed myself humming more and more game OST's these days.Halo was definitely one of the first for me. the guy from Massive Attack definitely interests me for 4 though.

best soundtrack this has to be Hotline Miami though, that game is a cocaine binge in digital form.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Halo's fine. Way better than CoD. I like playing the co-op with friends. Usually just makes it more of a "rent" though for a weekend when me and a few buddies can get together.

Yep I'd rather play Halo with friends than COD. I don't have a 360 so I don't have to worry about playing it.

ShaneB

I don't have Live Gold anymore, so this time I'm sticking only to the single player stuff. Got it for 20 bucks, and if I didn't get that deal, I'd probably would've skipped Halo 4 until it was that price anyway. edit: Heck, I didn't even realize it was coming out next week until a couple days ago when I saw the OT go up.

Marvie_3

Banned
Halo talk is worse than NBA talk.
Both are equally terrible. What we should be doing is discussing one of the best movies ever:

256195_det.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Anybody calling halo boring isn't human

Even the worst halo game is better than most games out there
Yep. If you don't find Halo multiplayer fun then you don't have a soul, it's some of the most fun you can have on a console getting some friends together and playing CTF and slayer.

Smiley90

You're right, we should talk about Call of Duty instead.

Better idea, let's all talk about which game should be game of the year and not mention any PS3 games! :p

If I can't make fun of Toronto fans at this point of the year, I want to at least make fun of SOMETHING.

RC

Banned
Give my an arena based shooter like Quake or UT anyday.

In Berlin now. I tell ya, going on a pub crawl the night before you have to catch a train at 9 in the morning is a bad idea. Can't even get any sleep here, got a bunch of French guys drinking rye and cokes while doing lines of coke in my room.

Acid08

Banned
Give my an arena based shooter like Quake or UT anyday.

In Berlin now. I tell ya, going on a pub crawl the night before you have to catch a train at 9 in the morning is a bad idea. Can't even get any sleep here, got a bunch of French guys drinking rye and cokes while doing lines of coke in my room.
Ugh cocaine. Never again.

Both are equally terrible. What we should be doing is discussing one of the best movies ever:

256195_det.jpg

I'm down to talk about Halo or this amazing fucking movie. I just watched it recently with some friends and it was some good times. If you didn't watch this growing up, you fucked up breh

and I'm definitely spending the gift card I forgot I had on Halo 4. Maybe I'll play it more than two weeks (beating NHL 13)

Cake Boss

Banned
"@andystrickland: #NHL exec tells me both sides speak everyday in some form or fashion. Says these aren't "touching base" talks, more substantive than that"

I say they pull an NBA and have shortened season starting Late Nov/December.

Pikma

Banned
Better idea, let's all talk about which game should be game of the year and not mention any PS3 games! :p

If I can't make fun of Toronto fans at this point of the year, I want to at least make fun of SOMETHING.

You're right, it makes sense not to mention any PS3 game this year since The Last of Us comes out until next year. (;

"@andystrickland: #NHL exec tells me both sides speak everyday in some form or fashion. Says these aren't "touching base" talks, more substantive than that"

I say they pull an NBA and have shortened season starting Late Nov/December.

I say they're too stubborn to make a deal, don't hold your breath.

Smiley90

You're right, it makes sense not to mention any PS3 game this year since The Last of Us comes out until next year. (;

I say they're too stubborn to make a deal, don't hold your breath.

So the "game of the year potential" cycle for PS3 is now "every 2 years, maybe"? Good to know you're at least admitting it :)

PC = superior platform anyway, I'm just messing with you. I feel kinda bad actually, 600 bucks is a lot of money for a bluray player.

Acid08

Banned
So the "game of the year potential" cycle for PS3 is now "every 2 years, maybe"? Good to know you're at least admitting it :)

PC = superior platform anyway, I'm just messing with you. I feel kinda bad actually, 600 bucks is a lot of money for a bluray player.
Honestly though, what was the last 360 exclusive before Halo 4 that was actually worth something? Gears 3 was boring as fuck. Multiplats on PC, better exclusives on PS3. Fuck that garbage dashboard and Kinect baby vomit.

Top Bottom