• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

zedge

I've always separated "redneck" with "cowboy".

Thank you. :) Some smarts up in here.

Calgary is the equivalent of a shithole where no one wants to live.

LOL.. that's pretty funny since people can't seem to move here fast enough. Half the population is not from Calgary. And you wonder why there is so much hate towards Van.. lol You guys are worse than Toronto for being full of your selves. Seattle shits all over Vancouver.

Ugh.. can't believe I'm being dragged into this. Must be the booze and lack of sleep.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Calgary is not a shithole.
It's very nice. Especially recently. That booming influx of oil money is very noticeable, especially in the downtown core.

Edmonton, on the other hand, is not nice. The river valley is pretty in the summer and it's still a generally good city to raise a family in, but nothing stands out.

zedge

Calgary is not a shithole.
It's very nice. Especially recently. That booming influx of oil money is very noticeable, especially in the downtown core.

Edmonton, on the other hand, is not nice. The river valley is pretty in the summer and it's still a generally good city to raise a family in, but nothing stands out.

Edmonton gets too much hate, its a great city too, just more blue collar than Calgary. Would miss the Chinooks in the winter though. lol

zedge

People here complain about traffic but after being in Vancouver/Seattle/Toronto traffic jams it ain't even close.

Makes sense. Still kind of sucks, to much growth, too fast. Infrastructure is behind in some areas. Have a few friends at work who live way the hell down in the SE, hour plus commute to work each day in the NE. (which is not that far) They are dying for the SE LRT extension down there, or the completion of ring road.

Calgary was honestly pretty boring when I went on business. There's some nice areas downtown, but everything was dead when I wasn't working.

zedge

Calgary was honestly pretty boring when I went on business. There's some nice areas downtown, but everything was dead when I wasn't working.

Where did you go? The downtown core is mainly a business district, after 5pm everyone leaves. South of downtown in the Beltline would be more active. Or neighborhoods like Kensington or Mission. Downtown is slowly changing as more residential is being built but it has a ways to go. And you have to remember its a small city in population, just over a million. It won't be crazy busy like larger cities, its not even fair to compare really. Although the skyline makes it look like a city much larger to be honest. Its also very young, barely over 100 years old.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

You might've just gone to the wrong caddle farm, the one where the cows were already dead.

RC

Banned
Might be heading down to cowtown in May. It'll be my first time there since I was five.
Hopefully it's more then steers and...
Gonna leave that intentionally blank.

He loves them alright.

1342550737170.jpg

Canuck76

Banned
Don't understand the calgary hate at all personally. Peter's drive in, nice downtown area to walkabout that looked pretty lively last time i was there.

I would love to live there but everywhere in Canada is frigging robbery these days.

zedge

Don't understand the calgary hate at all personally. Peter's drive in, nice downtown area to walkabout that looked pretty lively last time i was there.

I would love to live there but everywhere in Canada is frigging robbery these days.

Pure ignorance is all it is. I get pretty defensive and probably shouldn't care but I can't help it. Especially when I'm half corked..:-[

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
4-3 ... So yes. They nearly got beat by the best players in Victoria...

Bring on Serbia in the IIHF qualifier!!

I'm sure this must mean a lot to you, so I'll just say congratulations. Try not to to punch too many kangoroos to celebrate. (that's what you do, right?)

I'm sure this must mean a lot to you, so I'll just say congratulations. Try not to to punch too many kangoroos to celebrate. (that's what you do, right?)

Oh dude it's Aus hockey so it's shit in comparison to everywhere else. But BUT... All the players are Aus and they all looked fantastic. So win win no matter what really.

Just would've been embarrassing if our national squad was beat by prospects...

Montresor

Dastardly and Heretic, this subject may have been discussed before, but I want your opinion on Carlyle. There is a part of me that is increasingly jealous of the Ducks and their phenomenal record, mostly because this record has arisen from Carlyle's firing and Boudreau's hiring.

What has allowed the Ducks to make such a big improvement over last year? Bottom feeder to one of the league's best?

Also, re: the Lupul and Beauchemin trade. It burns me to see him to do so well. I wanted him to succeed in Toronto but I guess he got fucked by Wilson. He was horrible in Toronto. Hopefully when Lupul returns he can start ripping it up with Kadri and thus usher in a new set of "fleeced" messages from Leafs fans. ;)

And "Toronto will receive a fourth-round pick if Joffrey Lupul is on the roster for less than 40 games in the 2012–13 season with the club. If he plays 40 or more, Toronto will receive a sixth-round pick." I hope this is true.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Where did you go? The downtown core is mainly a business district, after 5pm everyone leaves. South of downtown in the Beltline would be more active. Or neighborhoods like Kensington or Mission. Downtown is slowly changing as more residential is being built but it has a ways to go. And you have to remember its a small city in population, just over a million. It won't be crazy busy like larger cities, its not even fair to compare really. Although the skyline makes it look like a city much larger to be honest. Its also very young, barely over 100 years old.
The thing for me,and maybe you can further confirm is that there are more jobs there and they're better paying and easier to get. Toronto is brutal as hell right now. And I'm not just referring to the Leafs.

Top Bottom