• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

bardia

This team needs to sell at the deadline and come back next year with a new coach and a revamped line up. Too many injuries and scrubs on this team.

RC

Banned
I've never been a proponent of firing the coach. But this team is in desperate need of a shakeup. I'm tired of seeing lazy, lisless play from these assholes.

Cake Boss

Banned
The last time we had a very long losing streak, our 2 best players took their games to the next level and we went on the best 3 year regular season and playoffs run ever in franchise history.

The team is in decline with an aging core, is a 1 line team and has too much money tied up on players that dont play or barely play at all. They keep changing their identity because of what happened against Boston, similiar what happened to Washington, they dont know what they are suppose to be anymore, there are no NHL ready prospects and the manager is just trying to plug in holes through trades and free agency trying to recapture the cup finals run. Its not there anymore. The sooner you accept that the easier the rebuild will be, or you could just end up being the flames.

Whats happening is way too similiar what happened to Ottawa after the 07 finals.

OK I'm home now and I missed every single part of the game. Grrr.

Either way...

ALL WE DO IS WEEN WEEN

uiSnnS5.gif

CCF23

Tabris, I'm legitimately curious...

What, if anything, is wrong with the Canucks and what would be your suggestions to fix it?

The team is in decline with an aging core, is a 1 line team and has too much money tied up on players that dont play or barely play at all. They keep changing their identity because of what happened against Boston, similiar what happened to Washington, they dont know what they are suppose to be anymore, there are no NHL ready prospects and the manager is just trying to plug in holes through trades and free agency trying to recapture the cup finals run. Its not there anymore. The sooner you accept that the easier the rebuild will be, or you could just end up being the flames.

Whats happening is way too similiar what happened to Ottawa after the 07 finals.

AV wants the Canucks to run and gun? They don't have the top-end talent to pull it off. Trap games to 2-1 wins? Their defense isn't up to it.

They need to go back to the basics. There are two elite goalies in net. Put the team on their backs. Frustrate opponents, then make them pay on the power play.

Frankly their special teams were a big reason for their success (though they're not bad 5-on-5). Play well defensively and score timely power play goals to win.

Tabris

1) Decide a goaltender, make it obvious, and proceed forward. The other can play as backup and if they want a trade, trade them or just have them suck it up. This will lead into point 5 but you can tell constantly shifting starters is taking a wear on them.

2) If available, trade for Jerome Iginila. You need additional leadership with Kesler being too focused on himself nowadays. You need also someone who can really score. It can't just come from the Sedins. He's way past his prime but he would be good enough for the Sedin era to finish. If not, look for a similar player. Leadership and scoring ability is what we're looking for here. Sacrifice draft picks, don't care, we have a 3-5 year window left. We can rebuild after.

3) The Canucks need to lose. That drive from 2 years ago has waivered slightly and losing will bring it back. This losing streak will be the best thing for them. Having to earn a playoff spot is incredibly important for this team.

4) Get a grinding 3rd line center C who cycles the puck effectively. Pair him with the speedsters so when he dumps, they chase, he's right behind to continue the cycle when they get pushed off the puck. Doesn't need to be big, we need to get away from this need / desire for big forwards. The Bruins manhandled us, but we had a bunch of powerplays from it, and would have been successful with our finesse game if we didn't run into the best goaltending performance in a finals I've seen in a long time. This was a shit happens moment and we've based way too many decisions on it.

5) Most importantly, AV needs to stop micromanaging line changes based on results. He is at his worst when he makes changes, and doesn't give that player a chance. Let players make mistakes and grow (both as a player and in line chemistry). If it becomes a pattern, then you address it. Let Schneider have a bad game and continue with him the next game, and the next game after that. If AV is unwilling, then you fire.

6) Actually most importantly, support your god damn team. I'm tired of Rogers Arena either being full of yuppies on their smartphones (nothing you can do about that) or cynics who are too bitter after 40 years to get excited and fucking cheer for their team. Even if you're at home, get some fucking excitement about your team and be cheerleaders instead of energy vampires.

CCF23

1) Decide a goaltender, make it obvious, and proceed forward. The other can play as backup and if they want a trade, suck it up. This will lead into point 5 but you can tell constantly shifting starters is taking a wear on them.

2) If available, trade for Jerome Iginila. You need additional leadership with Kesler being too focused on himself nowadays. You need also someone who can really score. It can't just come from the Sedins. He's way past his prime but he would be good enough for the Sedin era to finish. If not, look for a similar player. Leadership and scoring ability is what we're looking for here. Sacrifice draft picks, don't care, we have a 3-5 year window left. We can rebuild after.

3) The Canucks need to lose. That drive from 2 years ago has waivered slightly and losing will bring it back. This losing streak will be the best thing for them. Having to earn a playoff spot is incredibly important for this team.

4) Get a grinding 3rd line center C who cycles. Doesn't need to be big, we need to get away from this need / desire for big forwards. The Bruins manhandled us, but we had a bunch of powerplays from it, and would have been successful with our finesse game if we didn't run into the best goaltending performance in a finals I've seen in a long time. This was a shit happens moment and we've based way too many decisions on it.

5) Most importantly, AV needs to stop micromanaging line changes based on results. He is at his worst when he makes changes, and doesn't give that player a chance. Let players make mistakes and grow (both as a player and in line chemistry). If it becomes a pattern, then you address it. Let Schneider have a bad game and continue with him the next game, and the next game after that. If AV is unwilling, then you fire.

6) Actually most importantly, support your god damn team. I'm tired of Rogers Arena either being full of yuppies on their smartphones (nothing you can do about that) or cynics who are too bitter after 40 years to get excited and fucking cheer for their team. Even if you're at, get some fucking excitement about your team and be cheerleaders instead of energy vampires.

Yikes.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
1) Decide a goaltender, make it obvious, and proceed forward. The other can play as backup and if they want a trade, suck it up. This will lead into point 5 but you can tell constantly shifting starters is taking a wear on them.

4) Get a grinding 3rd line center C who cycles the puck effectively. Doesn't need to be big, we need to get away from this need / desire for big forwards. The Bruins manhandled us, but we had a bunch of powerplays from it, and would have been successful with our finesse game if we didn't run into the best goaltending performance in a finals I've seen in a long time. This was a shit happens moment and we've based way too many decisions on it.

6) Actually most importantly, support your god damn team. I'm tired of Rogers Arena either being full of yuppies on their smartphones (nothing you can do about that) or cynics who are too bitter after 40 years to get excited and fucking cheer for their team. Even if you're at, get some fucking excitement about your team and be cheerleaders instead of energy vampires.

GO CANUCKS LOSE GO GO GO IT'LL BE BEST FOR YOU GO CANUCKS GO

like that?

Cake Boss

Banned
1) Decide a goaltender, make it obvious, and proceed forward. The other can play as backup and if they want a trade, trade them or just have them suck it up. This will lead into point 5 but you can tell constantly shifting starters is taking a wear on them.

4) Get a grinding 3rd line center C who cycles the puck effectively. Pair him with the speedsters so when he dumps, they chase, he's right behind to continue the cycle when they get pushed off the puck. Doesn't need to be big, we need to get away from this need / desire for big forwards. The Bruins manhandled us, but we had a bunch of powerplays from it, and would have been successful with our finesse game if we didn't run into the best goaltending performance in a finals I've seen in a long time. This was a shit happens moment and we've based way too many decisions on it.

6) Actually most importantly, support your god damn team. I'm tired of Rogers Arena either being full of yuppies on their smartphones (nothing you can do about that) or cynics who are too bitter after 40 years to get excited and fucking cheer for their team. Even if you're at home, get some fucking excitement about your team and be cheerleaders instead of energy vampires.

This is HFboards level of shit.

Smiley90

You don't cheer for the loss, you cheer for the win but realize that the losing streak will be better for the team in the long run this year and next.

I like to think WINNING is good for a team. You know. Stuff that gets you points.

Smiley90

And they say I drink too much.

You do.

Tabris doesn't behave like a drunk person. He's too coherent. You're simply so coherent because your liver decided to give up and just let it happen. He's more on something else. Some weird shit he found in gastown.

CCF23

Ed Willes ‏@willesonsports
Make of this what you will. Canucks' GM Mike Gillis left his perch before the third period. We're just saying it might mean something.

Incredibly sensationalist tweet, but hopefully it means something. Probably not.

RC

Banned
You do.

Tabris doesn't behave like a drunk person. He's too coherent. You're simply so coherent because your liver decided to give up and just let it happen. He's more on something else. Some weird shit he found in gastown.

Like Tabris, I'm just a made up persona. Neither one of us are real.

Top Bottom