• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Rangers apparently close to/interested in signing Andrej Sustr, giant (6'8" 210 lbs) college defenseman. That might go down as soon as this week.
Reporter said 25 teams have inquired about him, does he have any ties to NY?

Cake Boss

Banned

No, he just attended their camp last year, he also went to Tampa's as well.

He said hes making a descion by the end of the week.

Our selling point would be, we developed Chara and a bunch of other D.

His agent will probably tell him to just pick a team that has crappy D and can guarantee ice time this season or next. Kind of like Schultz.

His agent will tell him yo just pick a team that has crappy D and can guarantee ice time this season or next. Kind of like Schultz.

We developed a bunch of guys actually, we got a pretty good track record with prospect development period. One reason why we're still in a playoff spot when we were expected to be a lottery team after all the injuries.

If he just goes wherever he can get icetime that might be a bad thing for him if he isn't ready, it's a huge jump from NCAA to NHL. Few people sucessfully make the jump in less than 1 year.

Cake Boss

Banned
Especially undrafted college dman, other Tanev there hasnt been too many regular NHL dman. I remember the Gilroy hype after winning the Baker award and all the teams going after him.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

He went to our development camp a year or so ago. He also went to Tampa Bay's dev camp this past year. Tons of teams are interested in him, but the rumor seems to be that the Rangers are among the frontrunners.

Of course the "problem" for us is that if he did sign he would be our 50th man under contract.

Curufinwe

No, he just attended their camp last year, he also went to Tampa's as well.

He said hes making a descion by the end of the week.

His agent will probably tell him to just pick a team that has crappy D and can guarantee ice time this season or next. Kind of like Schultz.

I hope he can come here and learn under Terry Murray.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Seems to have worked out just fine for Ryan McDonagh.
Thanks to this guy:

GKue5dW.jpg

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
What if Gardiner plays like shit and deserves to be benched? Didn't think that through.

Even his one bad game where he had a horrible turnover thanks in part to a horrible pass from phaneuf which stopped a comeback... I'm not sure if its in his capacity to be worse than the hilarious D corps we have now

I mean... Holzer didn't get scratched and it took being -10 in 6 games for someone to hit the eject button

We have 2 defensemen who are +28 combined and the rest are -24 combined -liles, gunnarsson and komisarek are the only positives in that "rest"... Holzer, kostka and phaneuf are -29

DopeyFish

The way I see it... Gardiner is our number 1 weapon on D

The only player on the team that has the passing skill he does is kadri... (No explanation needed, really)

The better the passes, the higher chance of scoring a goal

Spl1nter

Where does Gardiner slot in now?

Phaneuf - Gardiner
Liles- Gunnar
Fraser - Franson

Phaneuf - Franson
Liles- Gunnar
Fraser - Gardiner

Phaneuf - Gunnar
Gardiner - Franson
Liles - Fraser

However I guess Kostka might slip back in as Randy likes people playing on there stick side. I think first set is the best one as it spreads out our puck moving d plus coming back to be #2 D would be hilarious.

LevelNth

Banned

Phaneuf - Gardiner
Liles- Gunnar
Fraser - Franson

Other possibility I see is:

Phaneuf - Franson
Liles- Gunnar
Fraser - Gardiner

However I guess Kostka might slip back in as Randy likes people playing on there stick side. I think first set is the best one.
I'm hoping he puts him with Phaneuf. They will both make each other better, and Phaneuf is most experienced, and frankly the best on our team, to help him out of jams.

His only negative this season is his poor plus/minus (which is the stupidest stat in hockey), and it's more to do with Holzer and Kostka than Dion.

DopeyFish

Phaneuf - Gardiner
Liles- Gunnar
Fraser - Franson

Other possibility I see is:

Phaneuf - Franson
Liles- Gunnar
Fraser - Gardiner

However I guess Kostka might slip back in as Randy likes people playing on there stick side. I think first set is the best one.

Leafs need to stabilize phaneuf

He's currently the epicenter of disaster

I wouldn't disrupt Fraser/franson as they are solid

^^ and I'd say there's merit to +/- right now. Look at how the leafs D control the puck in D zone and its been horrrrrrrid, especially the top line... Throwing the puck around the boards which results in an offensive play... Constantly bringing the puck deeper when the action should be getting the puck out. Phaneuf/holzer/kostka blow possession like half the time in their own zone, its sad

Spl1nter

Leafs need to stabilize phaneuf

He's currently the epicenter of disaster

I wouldn't disrupt Fraser/franson as they are solid

^^ and I'd say there's merit to +/- right now. Look at how the leafs D control the puck in D zone and its been horrrrrrrid, especially the top line... Throwing the puck around the boards which results in an offensive play... Constantly bringing the puck deeper when the action should be getting the puck out. Phaneuf/holzer/kostka blow possession like half the time in their own zone, its sad

Part of the reason for Phaneuf's poor inzone puck possesion is Holzer/Kostka. They give him poor passes and are poor outlet options. Phaneuf and Gardiner would make the most sense but it would be so unlike Carlyle.

That's fucking great

I'm going to post this a couple of times because I am legitimately interested in doing something with it - does anyone know where I can find games that don't have any commentary on them? Just crowd/rink noise?

The United Center would be a good place to start for the Hawks.

Top Bottom