• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hoping he puts him with Phaneuf. They will both make each other better, and Phaneuf is most experienced, and frankly the best on our team, to help him out of jams.

His only negative this season is his poor plus/minus (which is the stupidest stat in hockey), and it's more to do with Holzer and Kostka than Dion.
Another member of Leafs age?

Or a Greekboy alt?

Hi, Manics?

I don't think you can.

Word. One day I found out that if I pressed the "language" button on my remote it would change it to spanish and the result of it was just rink/crowd noise, no Pat Foley.

I might have to resort to just finding a game and picking out moments when the play by play person is blabbing. But if anyone knows a place to find games without play by play (more recent games would be preferable but doesn't really matter) let me know, even through PM

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bowman and Gauthier along with 10 other scouts will be at the Habs / Sabres game tonight. Ghost in the building = automatic loss.

Montresor

Montresor bows down to the Pens, Bruins, Habs, Hawks, and Ducks. Like someone said before, the class of the league.

Burns me to see the Habs there.

Red_Man

Montresor bows down to the Pens, Bruins, Habs, Hawks, and Ducks. Like someone said before, the class of the league.

Burns me to see the Habs there.
Ur92K.gif

<3

Red_Man

Doug Armstrong and his assistant and scouts at the Habs game too. Wonder who they could be looking at.

Red_Man

Sooooo uhhhhh apparently Jeff Marek said on his show yesterday that TB ownership shut down a deal that would have had the Habs send Subban, Pacioretty, Price and a 1st round pick for Lecavalier.

0085_yml7.gif

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the thought of that happening.

Revenant

Sooooo uhhhhh apparently Jeff Marek said on his show yesterday that TB ownership shut down a deal that would have had the Habs send Subban, Pacioretty, Price and a 1st round pick for Lecavalier.

that can't be possible.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

0085_yml7.gif

I remember a bunch of rumours from years ago about Lecavalier, but not that many pieces going back.

Red_Man

I remember a bunch of rumours from years ago about Lecavalier, but not that many pieces going back.
Yea, same, I think Plekanec was always the main piece going back to Tampa, but that was a while ago and there were so many rumors about him.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Wait... How recently would that MTL-TB trade be?

Because if I was Tampa, I'd be slamming that trade button and making multiple trade calls if it was now - worse than Miami marlins to jays trade

Just because every piece they would be acquiring would be easily movable assets, regardless if you had issues of money

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yea, same, I think Plekanec was always the main piece going back to Tampa, but that was a while ago and there were so many rumors about him.

Yeah, I do remember someone saying that TB turned down an offer for Lecavalier at the last minute, I think Pacioretty might have been involved actually, but I don't think Price has ever been on the trade block. Gainey was too in love with him to give him up.

This was a couple years ago for the record, might have been the summer they blew up the team.

Edit: now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure Gomez was the back up plan after this fell through.

Red_Man

I probably should have mentioned it was around that time, I just thought it was a given :lol

Wait... How recently would that MTL-TB trade be?

Because if I was Tampa, I'd be slamming that trade button and making multiple trade calls if it was now - worse than Miami marlins to jays trade

Just because every piece they would be acquiring would be easily movable assets, regardless if you had issues of money
You can't be this ignorant.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
MDZ!

What a crazy fucking game, hahahaha.

Honestly, that stick might have been above the crossbar. EDIT: Nope, looks like a good goal to me.

ZeroGravity

This would have been around 2008 or so. Hard to believe, I wonder what Mareks source is.
I could understand Tampa turning it down then. Lecavalier was still a top 5 player in the league at the time. No way they could give up the face of the franchise and a player of that caliber for unproven players.

In retrospect though, :\

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hagelin! Taking the lead right back!

This is the first time in five games that we've scored more than 1 goal.

Oh look, the Devils tied it again.

Stasis

2 goals! I'm satisfied.

Now let's try for 2 goals in a row, and then who knows!? we may win 2 in a row.

Edit: Jersey tied while I was tying this, lol.

Top Bottom