• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

ZeroGravity

Are you guys getting a new coach after finishing this season with as a high a draft pick as possible? I pray that the Flyers do.
What kind of coach would the Flyers realistically need? Our AHL coach Jon Cooper is pretty much a shoe-in for an NHL job next year. He's been fantastic at developing our prospects. Going to be pissed if he ends up as something other than Guy Boucher's replacement.

Curufinwe

What kind of coach would the Flyers realistically need? Our AHL coach Jon Cooper is pretty much a shoe-in for an NHL job next year. He's been fantastic at developing our prospects. Going to be pissed if he ends up as something other than Guy Boucher's replacement.

Dallas Eakins would be nice. Any coach that stresses two way play would be an upgrade.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Dude totally tried to direct that puck into the net, but was it a kick? I wouldn't be surprised with either decision, but it'd be nice for the Wings to get a break here.

EDIT - Yeeeeeah buddy! No goal!

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, it's weird how they completely abandoned that style after that season. Up until that time, the Caps were fucking SCARY with Ovie, Backstrom, and Semin running and gunning and scoring boatloads.

Sorry Alu, its true. Sindy probably has the title back now today, although I'm still not 100% convinced that Malkin isn't the better player. First world Pittsburgh Penguins problems.

I'm bored. Stats comparison for fun:

2005-2006:
Crosby - 39G 63A 103P
Ovechkin - 52G 54A 106P (Calder)

2006-2007:
Crosby - 36G 84A 120P (Art Ross, Hart, Lester B. Pearson)
Ovechkin - 46G 46A 92P

2007-2008:
Crosby - 24G 48A 72P (53GP)
Ovechkin - 65G 47A 112P (Art Ross, Rocket Richard, Hart, Lester B. Pearson)

2008-2009:
Crosby - 33G 70A 103P
Ovechkin - 56G 54A 110P (Rocket Richard, Hart, Lester B. Pearson)

2009-2010:
Crosby - 51G 58A 109P (Rocket Richard /w Stamkos, Messier)
Ovechkin - 50G 59A 109P (9 fewer GP, Ted Lindsay)

Still don't think he was the "best" player in all of these years, but him and Crosby were definitely the most exciting to watch.

Still weird to see Ovechkin drop so low in recent seasons.

Cake Boss

Banned
Damien Cox is a cunt, but he is ripping into the league a fresh new asshole, no lube, only spitting. also the media and the reporters that are scared to criticize the league.

Alucard

Banned
Provided that he stays on track and healthy, this will be Crosby's first scoring title since 2008. Celebrate good times, come on.

No Stanley Cup = no sale.

Cactus

Banned
Flyers gaf: Is Read still playing injured?

Ray Whitney recently became available in my fantasy league and I'm trying to decide whether I should drop Read or Grabovski (who I'm hoping will be played with Kessel once Bozak is traded).

Just quietly but I'm not actually watching the game today or keeping up with it. There's a hockey meetup happening in a pub in Melbourne tomorrow where they watch two delayed games from Saturday (today) and the Ducks/Red Wings is one of them.

Abby with his 2nd actual goal WTF!?!?

Alligator with 2??!?!? 2 legit goals!!? Is this real life?!?!

is-this-real-life-240x180.jpg

Tabris

How does not winning a Stanley Cup not make a player a superstar? Is Stamkos, who hasn't even been to the cup final, not a superstar? How about Ovechkin before the olympics? How about the many of stars that have been on teams that couldn't get past that final hump due to any number of situational things that can go wrong during a playoff series, no matter how good you are.

No, serious conversation.

Also the Sedins would destroy in the east as they have already demonstrated by scoring a huge amount of goals out there. Henrik Sedin was scoring at 1.89PPG rate (one of the highest PPG rates seen in a long time) against the East (vs 1.28PPG rate against the West) in his Art Ross year. Just a quick glance at game log from last couple of years and it looks like a 1.4PPG+ clip against the East. As I have said plenty of times (and proven with stats), it's easier to score in the East.

If you're going to come back at me, come at me with facts.

How does not winning a Stanley Cup not make a player a superstar? Is Stamkos, who hasn't even been to the cup final, not a superstar? How about Ovechkin before the olympics? How about the many of stars that have been on teams that couldn't get past that final hump due to any number of situational things that can go wrong during a playoff series, no matter how good you are.

No, serious conversation.

Also the Sedins would destroy in the east as they have already demonstrated by scoring a huge amount of goals out there. Henrik Sedin was scoring at 1.89PPG rate (one of the highest PPG rates seen in a long time) against the East (vs 1.28PPG rate against the West) in his Art Ross year. Just a quick glance at game log from last couple of years and it looks like a 1.4PPG+ clip against the East. As I have said plenty of times (and proven with stats), it's easier to score in the East.

If you're going to come back at me, come at me with facts.

Fact: You have no idea what you are talking about

Top Bottom