• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

I'm pretty vocal about the Canucks diving,but he gets a piece of him here at the end and if the player is expecting to move, but gets impeded, he would definitely fall.

To THIS degree...I'm not sure about that, but it was a hook.

It was called as a Hooking and Diving, so you are right.

Cake Boss

Banned
Talked to quite a few sources today who are talking about an off the record deal...best way to describe it..."A player once thought would NEVER be moved looks to be quietly in play...."

another called it a "trade that would be heard worldwide..."

KuGsj.gif

Eklund is bored today.

Quick

Banned
Got an alert on the Score app earlier that Iginla submitted his list of preferred teams to Flames management.

itshappening.gif?

Acid08

Banned
Sharks would probably want a winger.
Yup.

The Flyers have interest in Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle according to an NHL source.
http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/source-flyers-have-interest-dan-boyle
Of course they do :lol. Rangers too if rumors are to be believed.

My theory is the lockout had something to do with it. The way these guys play, they rely heavily on their body and physical play, so with a lockout and a short training camp, most of them are out of shape and out of gas.
Clowe has a nagging shoulder injury that is keeping him subdued too.

Merguson

Banned
Does Boyle have any kind of NTC? Would he accept a Flyers trade?

According to capgeek, he had a full NTC until June 30, 2012. After that, he can submit a list of 8 teams he would not be traded to.

So unless he doesn't like the Flyers... he could be traded there.

Cake Boss

Banned
Some club execs plan on making personal pitches to DeKeyser/advisors in TOR on Tues/Wed. It's believed one NHL head coach will show as well.

NHL teams will be full-court press trying to sign Western Michigan's DeKeyser. EDM owner Daryl Katz has already phoned the UFA defenceman.

It's believed DeKeyser will have his equipment with him in TOR, once he makes decision he can fly directly to club he's chosen.

TOR was front and centre for DeKeyser when Brian Burke was GM. Now ANA, where Burke is working, said to be heavily in the mix.

Some think top contenders for DeKeyser are DET, STL, ANA and EDM but multiple teams have high interest. PHI and OTT will be pushing hard too

Bobby Mac on this year's top college FA.

Danny DeKeyser, Defense, Unsigned (Western Michigan):

DeKeyser is the top player of this college free agent class and would have been so last year had he not decided to go back to school. DeKeyser is the two-time best defensive defenseman in the CCHA and was named to the CCHA’s first All Star team. Some may wonder when you look at his numbers — 49 points in 118 NCAA games, 15 points in 35 games this season — and ask what all the hype is about; and it is because he has such great defensive value. DeKeyser has high-end hockey sense, good if not great mobility and a big frame that he’s not afraid to use. Given how well he processes the game, how many defensive stops he makes, the low amount of errors he commits, and where he is in his physical development, it is conceivable the 23 year old DeKeyser could step into the NHL right away upon being signed. He does have average offensive ability as a puck mover, and could potentially play a 2nd power play unit on a non elite team. His potential is that of a good #3 defenseman with a low amount of risk on that projection.

Prospect report on him, if anyone is interested.

John Buccigross ‏@Buccigross 9m
I hear Detroit, Edmonton, Anaheim, St. Louis, Nashville are final 5 for Western Michigan's Dan DeKeyser. With fam in Michigan-Wings favorite

Montresor

I'm so stoked to get home after work. I've got an ME3 save at home positioned right before the Citadel DLC takes place and I have Tali, Liara, and Garrus recruited. HHHHHHNNNNNGGGGG I love Tali

Marvie_3

Banned
Ankle sprain for John-Michael Liles he is day to day.

NHL news:

Jarome Iginla's list of four teams: Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston, Los Angeles.
As awesome as it would be to have Iginla on the Hawks, Chicago has bigger needs. I'd rather see them go after a center instead of overpaying for Iginla.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Speaking of defensemen how has Justin Schultz been doing?

I haven't been keeping up with the West much this season.

Curufinwe

Yet he's still elite at this age. He's still so quick and crisp. Plus I'm guessing the Flyers are thinking to next season already which he's signed through.

J-Bo might not be as good, but I'd rather go in that direction. I don't see this team being a contender next year, so Boyle seems like a waste at this point. The owner and GM probably think differently, though.

Cake Boss

Banned
Very good, let them trade a great D prospect for a rental.

Big ass trade that shook up the rest of the world. Eklund was right. Indonesian kids will wake up tommorow morning talking about Brendan Morrow being on the Pens.

Top Bottom