• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
ehhhh for what they give up?

I think they could've gotten more.
They gave up a kid who's going to be a good regular NHL defenseman, for a guy who's 34 and doesn't have much left in the tank. Dallas did good here, this only benefits Pittsburgh if they win another cup this year, which will be dependent on their D and goalies again not their offense.

Lol yeah right.
Gillis will have the most drawn out fleecing in history, just you wait!

MacAttack

New Bruins line in practice with Lucic on the third line:

Marchand-Krejci-Horton
Paille-Bergeron-Seguin
Lucic-Peverley-Pandolfo
MacDermit-Campbell-Thornton

Claude Julien said:
Following the practice, when asked why he switched up the lines, Coach simply said, "Because I can. Because I'm the coach. And every once in a while, you've got to do those things. Simple as that."

Keslord

Banned
They gave up a kid who's going to be a good regular NHL defenseman, for a guy who's 34 and doesn't have much left in the tank. Dallas did good here, this only benefits Pittsburgh if they win another cup this year, which will be dependent on their D and goalies again not their offense.

The only one someone gets fleeced in a Luongo deal is if it includes a snuggie

WTF game was at 5pm. Caught a bit of the 2nd and Markie is beastmode. Howden is also really impressing too, he skates so fast with the puck. Funnily the team is putting in more checks and grinding out this game, no cute shit and the game is close. Where was this team after game 1?

CCF23

Lecalvier for Luongo.

It makes too much sense for both teams. Both crappy contracts, fills the needs for both teams.

Just do it.

As much as I wouldn't mind having Lecavalier on the team, there's no fucking way I'd want his $7.7 million cap hit until eternity on this team.

I'd rather compliance buy out Luongo than that take contract.

Luongo's contract is better than Vinny's in that at least with Luongo's the cap hit is reasonable.

ZeroGravity

Lecavalier in untradeable. And it's not just because of the contract, it's because he's fucking made of glass and suffers one or two injuries every season that's basically killed his production.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Terrible no-calls at the end of that Panthers/Isles game. Florida got screwed.

Terrible no-calls at the end of that Panthers/Isles game. Florida got screwed.
Yup. Used to it now. Tomahawk Markstrom in the back of the head? No call. 2 cross checks before the 1st empty net? No call, ref was there just watching. The 2nd one is the exact same thing Robak got 5 and a misconduct for last night. Markie was still a beast though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I guess they dropped out of the Iginla sweeptakes cause they would've had to give up more?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yup. Used to it now. Tomahawk Markstrom in the back of the head? No call. 2 cross checks before the 1st empty net? No call, ref was there just watching. The 2nd one is the exact same thing Robak got 5 and a misconduct for last night. Markie was still a beast though.

It was a great game to watch aside from the no-calls.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Things were looking pretty dire for a while there, but a great turnaround in the last few minutes. Lol @ the first goal being Asham from Newbury, both guys having their first games back tonight.

Goals from our fourth line and the power play?! What wizardry is this?!

The Caps are much improved from the previous times we played them this year. We can't play the way we did for most of the first and still expect to win.

Expecting more fight from Calgary than usual tonight. Halak will look iffy. Stew will Stew. At least a point for Tarasenko if Perron starts noticing when he's wide open.

CCF23

goal_light.gif

Party time. My body is ready for four in a row.

Plinko

Damien Brunner is a healthy scratch tonight.

Screw you, Babcock.

Top Bottom