• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

CCF23

Stop toying with the puck and put it in the back of the net already :p

Daniel passed up an open net.

You're afraid of the Avs? You guys really suck that badly now?

Our forward core is so injured we have a D man on our 3rd line, it's our 3rd game in 4 nights, 2nd of back to backs (with travel), and a game at altitude to top all that off. I'm not scared of the Avs, but the game has all the hallmarks of a letdown game.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
holy shit we out-passed ourselves there, as usual LOL. Giguere was SO out of his net LOOOL. oh man.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
The Free Press's St. James is confirming that Brunner's scratch is a one-time thing:

Damien Brunner will spend a game on the sidelines hopes a little breather will help him regain his footing.

Brunner was scratched from the Detroit Red Wings' lineup Sunday against the Ducks, the first time this season he's been taken out. Brunner has 10 goals, but hasn't scored in 12 games.

This is Brunner's first season in the NHL after spending his career in his native Switzerland, and the pace - 48 games in 99 days - is far harder than anything he's experienced. Giving him a day off was as much about giving him a mental and physical break as sending a message.

General manager Ken Holland said Brunner will be back in the lineup Monday, when the Wings play at Phoenix.

pringles

Is Paul Mary the correct way to say Palmieri?

Heard the Ducks announcers say it like that on Friday and now the Wings announcers too.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Is Paul Mary the correct way to say Palmieri?

Heard the Ducks announcers say it like that on Friday and now the Wings announcers too.
Yeah, it's correct. I made a mention last game that I kept thinking they were saying "Paul Mara" (a former Duck d-man) incorrectly, till I realized Mara wasn't on the Ducks anymore.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is a good trade. Joe won't be ready for primetime for a couple years with the Pens.

Nieuwendyk said:
I think he’ll come in tomorrow and watch our game and skate with us Tuesday and Wednesday and just get incorporated. Then we’ll make a decision whether or not we want to put him in a game on Friday or let him go play with the American League team.
Looks good for Dallas

pringles

Yeah, it's correct. I made a mention last game that I kept thinking they were saying "Paul Mara" (a former Duck d-man) incorrectly, till I realized Mara wasn't on the Ducks anymore.

That's how I've always thought it was pronounced.
I'll never adjust to saying it like that in my head...

And wow, our very worst players are killing the Ducks. Too bad Quincey isn't playing or he'd score for sure. Maybe White can get one.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The King makes ridiculous saves even when he had no idea where he was after taking an Ovie blast to the face. What a boss.

Total bullshit diving call on Hags. Other than that, very entertaining second period.

Curufinwe

No goals yet, but they did spend two minutes telling us how Crosby takes extra shooting practice.

I really hope Briere fetches a defensive prospect as good as what Dallas got for Morrow. The lines are rolling tonight without him.

Is goaltending overrated? As a goalie, I don't want to believe it, but paying 5mil + for a goalie isn't worth it. With the low skill gap between goalies, I think having an impact forward or defense would be the better choice.

Markstrom continues to show his beast form 3 games with only 1 goal. After tonight his SV% is .922. Howden had a beast game as well. Like his energy and speed with the puck and good that Dineen recognized it and gave him the ice time at the end.

Smiley90

SNIPE SNIPE SNIPE MAYRAY GONNA SNIPE ALL DAY.

Hard to believe just how much more confident he is this year compared to last.

Smiley90

Where was the call there?

Kobasev held the stick with his hand, can't really call it a hook if Henrik's stick gets stuck in Kobasev's hand.

The one before just looked like an unfortunate foot-on-foot collision.

Top Bottom