• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Alucard

Banned
Tuning in for the third. Let's go Pens. Another comeback victory would be mega impressive. Especially another one without Letang and Malkin.

Alucard

Banned
tumblr_mehiv16XI51qc9jo3o1_500.gif

Best in the world.

Erdrick

Wow what'd I miss?

I fell asleep briefly during the first intermission, then woke up and saw it was 4 to fucking nothing and decided, fuck this noise, and went to bed for a proper nap but had the TV on muted in the bedroom. Then I kept having weird dreams about the Jets where the Caps kept scoring 2 goals while I was asleep and waking up in my dream only to fall asleep again and the Caps score 2 quick goals while I'm asleep.

So by the end of my dream the Caps had won 10-0 and I 'woke up' to discover the Jets had scored one goal. So when I actually woke up a half hour ago I was thinking "well, 10-1 is better than 10-0, but I can't believe they got lit up by double digits".

And lo and behold, it was actually fucking 6 to 1?! Are you fisting me?? That's GREAT!

I know some guys from work who went to the game, that had to be rough. My youngest brother went yesterday and brought his new GF so he ended up paying $300 to watch that 4-0 shitfest, can't imagine anyone was happier after tonight. I was really surprised all day at work listening to TSN1290 about how angry people were after getting shut out and playing so shitty. It's actually a bit unfortunate that the Jets next game is at home on Sunday, going to be another salty crowd if they play anything other than a good home game.

OK Jets-GAF, let's talk through this. fallout was at the game so I bet he's either still looting the Bargain Shop across from MTS or else he was killed by roving packs of boo-birds trying to get at the police cordon protecting the Jets dressing room, but Erdrick are you ok? There's one or two other Jet fans here right?

I sure as hell wasn't over the past 2 lousy games this past Thursday and Friday. I was sitting at the bar at one of the places here in town just screaming at the TV with some other random strangers as well as we could not believe the farce of a game that we were watching.

While I don't condone what that guy in the Bruins jersey did behind the Jets bench on Fridays game, I can certainly understand his frustration. I mean, sure, lose a game, ok, we can deal, but to play so listlessly and dead as such to not even be able to complete a simple pass... Pathetic. I don't pay $100 plus a game for a ticket to see that garbage.

I love this team, and will cheer for them until I die, but there is no defending that level of mediocre play. I expect a damn solid effort every night. If you can't do so, then expect to be booed.

This game tonight... Still not playing too sharp. Sloppy passes and turnovers galore with very stupid penalties. Bogosian, why did you have to take that penalty... Sure, we are up 3-1 over Tampa atm, but you know as well as I do of how capable this team is in terms of folding and losing games with leads.

Then again, at least now they HAVE a lead, which is more than I can say over the past 2 games. Seriously, some of the worst hockey that I have ever seen. I know the Jets are hardly one of the elite teams, but seriously... learn how to clear your own damn zone.

Alucard

Banned
Shit. Hope Dupuis is alright.

Really hope the Flyers don't end a long Pens streak for the third year in a row. That would just be such a weird historical fact.

Alucard

Banned
Holy shit, a Tyler Kennedy wrist shot that actually went into the back of the net and not totally wide or right at the goalie!!!

:D

12 in a row!
tumblr_lfgy7a5zYI1qbovy7.gif

Top Bottom